2007-10-05 Raichu- MT 015/123

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. Blassari

Blassari New Member

Raichu, the Electric Mouse...lol

First attack is good IMO, and the second Combo's pretty good with first.
    Weakness sucks so bad if your metagame is MARIO or something with Lucario...
    Resistance: There isn't not so good :metal: Pokés around there, so it doesn't do much...
    RC isn't bad.

Modified: 8+
    Limited: Good, if you get this. 9-
    Unlimited: IDK, 7-9

3. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Over all a good card that could be used as a starter for a more powerfull lightning pokemon. How good it is for this we won't know untill the next sets.

Modofied - 8/10

4. Beedrill564

Beedrill564 New Member

I have TWO of those raichu's, excellent card, and I'm going to build a deck for battle road with it, I know I've already gone through two battle roads and lost... I hope I win it tommorow... I've lost two w/o getting the silver medal pokachu card.. Kinda makes me mad.. I hope I win... Well that's my post for the day!

5. Xicious

Xicious New Member

Very solid card. Decent HP combos well w/ Electivire or Exegcutor MT attaching 3 NRGS in one turn is really good. Not to mention he thins the deck which is good. Expect big things from this guy when SW comes around.

Modified 8.5/10

6. neo phyte

neo phyte New Member

i made a deck with this raichu and luxray and its a very decent combination, 80 damage with luxrai, those energys go to raichu, switch and then raichu does 120 damage. if you dont need to retreat luxrai but use switch if you got you can put a energy from youre turn and then it does 150 damage.

7. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Looks great at first glance, but here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
    Is an energy accelerator
    Nice HP
    Free attack

Cons:
    Has a retreat cost, wrecking the free attack
    Is weak to the ever-popular Mario deck wrecking its nice HP
    Must discard energy to do any damage
    Doesn't make a good starter for electric decks since it is a stage one
    Resistance wont be very useful in the metagame
    Can only attach electric energy and only to one pokemon at a time
    Must waste an attack to use its best energy acceleration

The verdict... don't play it 5/10 modified (the score is a bit high for the cons, but there are much worse cards out there, and this is just a mediocre one)

8. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Raichu (MT) is decent card that can accomplish more than just energy acceleration, but it does that pretty well also. Raichu's first attack attracts your attention as it breaks one of the prime rules of Pokemon in more than one energy attatchment a turn. Not only is this a free attack, but it also doesn't rely on having the energy in your hand for attatchment (like Flygon (HP)), but rather from the deck, making it immensely more useful. Finally allowing Raichu to be knocked out while it powers up your bench and activating Scramble Energy could be a winning startegy. It's second attack can be looked at in a few ways, it can easily get up to 120 damage by turn 3 which is pretty intense. Having to discard all the Lightning Energy on it for the attack can be wasteful at times, but as we have seen in Metanite having to discard energy can sometimes be a strength as well depending on what you play with it. Later in the game a benched Raichu can easily hold a few energy on it as a threat to OHKO pretty much anything, at which point it can then start searching Lightning Energy out of your deck again if it's not KO'd right away.

The other stats on the card are decent. 90 Hp for a stage 1 is slighty more than average, but far from the best out there. Fighting weakness is expected, but currently pretty harmful with Lucario being very popular and a few other very good Fighting types out there. Metal resistance is not as useful as it was with all the Metal plus something else delta species pokemon out there in the last format, but some of those are still around. In the end any resistance is generally better than none. The 1 retreat cost feels too much, but we've been spoiled a bit by the (HP) Raichu, and is more than acceptable.

Having the new Pikachu (MT) in the same line to help retrieve the energy that you use up with Raichu's attack is also a nice bonus.

Modified -- 8.5 (Solid card with more than one use, it's Weakness to Fighting hurts though)
    Limited -- 9.5 (and early Raichu can usually outspeed and KO your opponent all by itself)

9. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Today's COTD is Raichu, which, while not as popular, is infinately more useful. 90 HP is solid for a Stage 1, but suffers from a bad Weakness (Fighting), and an odd Resistence (Metal). Has a Retreat Cost of 1, which granted ruins the free attack, but makes sense to keep people from abusing it as much. Speaking of the free attack, Electromagnetic Induction (yeah, imagine declaring that every turn lol, what a mouthful) allows you to search your deck for 2 Lightning Energy and attach it to one of your Pokemon. This is a great way to get Electivire and Blissey decks rolling. Its second attack, Explosive Thunder, is ok and cheapish if you have nothing else to attack (still avoid attacking with him).

Modified - 8/10 (Good, solid card for Electric decks)
    Limited - 10/10 (Get him out and have him power up your Colorless and Electric Pokemon quickly)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (No reason to use him here. Besides, anything you throw Energy onto will just get ERed)

10. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

This is one versatile little electric mouse. Blissey, Garchomp, Electivire, Feraligatr d/Rayquaza ex d - Raichu goes well with 'em all. Putting 2 :lightning Energy on one of your Pokemon is nothing short of incredible, and its Explosive Thunder attack can be charged up rapidly should the need arise. 90 HP on a Stage 1 and a Retreat Cost of 1 is always good. Raichu's only hangup is its :fighting: Weakness; keep this in mind when building a deck around him.

In both Modified and Limited, I give Raichu a 4/5.

- Croatian "and won;t you look at that cute little face?" Nidoking

11. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

I dont like that Raichu much.. Because of his Weakness and Retreat Cost. But it still a good card if get early. HP is decent, Weakness bad, resistance is pretty useless and Retreat Cost is 1.. But both attack are ok.

Modified 7½/10

Limited 9/10

12. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Staple card in my Blue Thunder deck.

Raichu has enormous potential, not just for Electric types, but for any energy based power Pokemon. Incredibly fast and accurate, Raichu never fails.

13. Blassari

Blassari New Member

Have anyone think this with the new Electrivire? I think it would be great...

14. Skarmbliss

Skarmbliss New Member

A unique card that can search your deck for 2 electric energies to any pokemon with a free cost!!!! His explosive thunder is pretty good, being able to deal out heavy damage but the only drawback is you have to discard all of your electrics. The new electivire will help solve all of its problems by returning the electrics from the discard pile and putting it on electivire. 90 HP is pretty good for a stage 1 pokemon and retreat cost of 1 is pretty good. Sigh.... if only Raichu had free retreat cost, then he would be broken. Being weak to fighting means your weak to Mario and Mario is everywhere and now Mario is running Lake Boundary to make sure they will OHKO raichu.

Modified- Raichu is a good card but not the right card to use at the tournament since mario is everywhere. However, raichu can support the main pokemon thanks to its Electromagnetic Induction. 7/10

Limited- This card is by far broken, being able to quickly setup your pokemon is phenominal and its the quickest pokemon to do the job. 10/10

Unlimited- Unfortunatly there are a ton of fighting type pokemon that will take over raichu. 1/10

15. sixquack

sixquack New Member

Pichu MT
    Pikachu MT
    Raichu

Seems like this is a natural progression for the energy build. Is this too many Pokemon dedicated to this line, that really doesn't pack the repetative punch of some other builds.

SixQuack :thumb:
    Dad of Three Pokemon Players

www.meyersgames.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.