2007-10-22 Holon's Castform- HP 044/110

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sorry for the lag in putting a card up.
    It was a crazy weekend!

Sticking with the posted list, here you go!

[​IMG]

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Still donkable, just dont play this card....7/10.

3. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

Last seasons Best starter, HP-on it's just a TeCH to some Decks cause it can be a energy.
    Dx-on: 10/10
    HP-on: 5/10

4. Yoshi ex

Yoshi ex New Member

It has its ups (DD and Energy) and downs (weakness) but people still play it.
    8/10

5. Ky00ber the III

Ky00ber the III New Member

A great card for delta decks..too and for the donkage by Mario and friends

7/10

6. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

Better known as "the other DRE", you will rarely, if ever, play this as your starter except in a delta deck. It's list of uses is even longer than the text that allows it to be used as Energy. It's Mentorable, can be attached to a basic, and can be easier to find than your special Energy Cards.
    78/100

7. sixquack

sixquack New Member

So it's a good card for the 'double energy' clause, but not very good for the card draw ability in the current format? Is that what I am reading?

Thanks,

SixQuack :thumb:
    Dad of Three Pokemon Players

www.meyersgames.com

8. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Mentorable energy is still uber good.

9.5/10

9. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

The current format, delta draw isn't what you want to relay on for a starting engine.

The format isn't 4 Castform 4 Holon Trans and 4 Mentors.

The format has Several Pokes that will destroy the castform T1.
    T2 Holon Mentor start's are guarenteed,
    Wager threat can spoil a 5 card Delta Draw.

In a delta deck, one could look to the benefit of having the energy versitility of the card. 1 or 2 castaways in a delta deck wouldn't be the worst thing to give a deck good nrg diversity.

Thus current format 6/10.

10. Epyon0015

Epyon0015 New Member

9/10 For me

Its a good card but bad when by itself with no bench.

11. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Works very well in R-Gon but not much else anymore =/

Pros:
    Mentorable (Holon Mentor can fetch it since it is a basic)
    Is sometimes good as a starter, but unlike most starters, it severs a helpful purpose late game (energy)! :D
    Good way to get tons of cards in hand

Cons:
    Very bad con is that it can get OHKO T1 by Riolu!
    Things get ugly when it is the only pokemon in your starting hand and no mentor is present or an energy
    Can't do any damage
    Is subject to attacks that disable
    Doesn't have a free retreat cost
    Has no resistance
    Doesn't work well with Great Ball or Pokemon Fan Club (to get castform) since those cards put the basic immediately onto the bench, meaning it can't be attached as an energy

Usage for the average deck in modified: 2/10
    Usage for R-Gon or possibly Kingdra or other weird delta species deck: 8.9/10 because it can get donked, but it still should be played!

12. deogg

deogg New Member

Good for the energy part, not so much on everything else though.

13. Master_Whiscash_77

Master_Whiscash_77 New Member

isn't everything a bad card by iteslf with no bench?

14. TurtwigLvX

TurtwigLvX New Member

This is a pretty good card if you run one in a delta deck, but it has low hp and a bad weakness. It is especially bad by itself because of the hp and the moves. Its attack would be good if you just need one card and then that will help the chances. Its also very good for the energy. I would give it an 8/10 for delta decks.

15. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

+ It's the last Mentorable Energy card in the format
    - It doesn't work unless you already have an Energy
    + It's a great draw start in delta decks, especially R-Gon
    - It's a horrible start in anything else
    - It can get donked by Riolu and Machop
    + It provides any two Energy
    + It can be attached to Pokemon-ex
    - It can't be attached using Delta Supply
    + If you use Delta Supply on a different Energy, you can then attach Holon's Castform to that same Pokemon
    - After you play it and retreat, Super Scoop Up is the only way to clear up the Bench space.

Yeah, that's basically it.

16. taylor2007

taylor2007 New Member

one of my favorite cards cause of the dre

17. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Still works great for mentorable nrg, in Hurricane and R-gon. Dosn't work in any thing that dosn't have a ton of basic so you never have to start with it.

8/10 for nrg provideing 5/10 as a starter

18. chriscobi634

chriscobi634 New Member

i think this card is going to be a a little more playable with the new supporter, hamana's research. It lets you search for either 2 basic pokemon, 2 basic NRG or a combination of 1-1. So you could search for 1 other pokemon and H. castform. Attach the H. castform, and still have an NRG in hand to play the next turn, while getting your other basic. So it could free up 2 basic NRG spaces, but then the odd factor of starting with it always have to be taken into account. But with all the lucarios running around, you don't want to use it as a starter, probably not even in an R-Gon deck.

Hamana's research started to dig H. Mentor grave once it was invented and is going to finish the job this coming weekend.

Rating: 7/10

19. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

um basically i hate this card, if it wasn't a basic it would be playable but since it is i in no way find it playable in multiples of more than 1 in any soley delta deck, i suggest multiples of 0 for non delta decks

this is actually so bad that it can get donked by non fighting type cards, I HAVE LOST TOURNAMENT MATCHES FOR RUNNING THIS CARD... aand that was last year when i realized it stunk

3/10

btw DID rgon use this as a starter? by Rgon i mean Rgon, not archetype flygon with techs

20. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Holon's Castform is easily one of the most versatile Pokemon to exist. Back in last format, it made the perfect starter for Holon decks, often Delta Drawing for 3+ cards Turn 1. Additional copies made it an excellent source of "every energy" as well. In today's format, Castform takes a dive due to the downfall of Holon decks (which came with the loss of the Holon Engine and good old Metanite), but still makes a decent tech for the energy effect, as well as a great starter still for what Holon-oriented decks remain.

Modified - 8/10 (Main flaw is that it's OHKOable by Riolu, but still a great card overall)
    Limited - 10/10 (Acts as both a great source of draw AND potentially as Energy? Give me some!)
    Unlimited - 2/10 (Maybe with Metanite or something? Not going to be used much here imo)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.