2007-10-27 Team Galactic's Mars - SW 126/132

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Oct 27, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

With all the discard attacks and TGW in the format, this card is dangerous.
    2 cards is not much though.

7/10

3. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Nice with Walrein and Ambipom.

6/10

4. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Good card. It disrupts your opponent a lot or a little, luck is a major factor here. It disrupts you too a bit, giving only two cards when the other options mainly offer 3 or more cards. In the right deck with a solid strategy around its concept, it is a nice card. I give it 7.48/10 for modified. I honestly have to say that I would be a bit afraid to face it myself since it is unpredictable for the most part.

5. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I like this card. It allows you to draw 2 cards, and then choose one card in your opponent's hand randomly and have them put it on the bottom of their deck. Granted, drawing only 2 cards hurts slightly as most people will prefer the draw power of Steven's or TV Reporter, but TG's Mars is certainly a viable alternative, especially if used in decks whose Pokemon also have hand-disrupting effects.

Modified - 8/10 (Solid alternative for TV Reporter and other cards)
    Limited - 10/10 (Any form of card drawing is great here, and the ability to disrupt your opponent's hand makes it all the better)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (Better forms of hand disruption and draw here)

6. TurtwigLvX

TurtwigLvX New Member

I like this card. I know some people who pulled it today. This is just about the opposite from Prof. Oak's Visit but it depends if you want 3 cards but one at the bottom of your deck or 2 cards if you want one at the bottom of your opponent's deck. This card would be good with Ambipom. I would give it a 9/10.

7. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Getting 2 cards is average. The disruption can be VERY annoying. Is Island Hermit the better "bonus draw?" Depends what you want to happen.

8/10

8. desert eagle

desert eagle New Member

Infinitely superior to Island Hermit.

Pretty much +3 card advantage at no drawback since you're getting +2 and slapping -1 on your opponent.
    Disruption decks will love this

9/10

9. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Definately worth 4 of in every single distruption deck. Free draw+hurting the opponet is just amazing.
    10/10

10. MetronOob

MetronOob New Member

11. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

6/10 Supporter Bill+ Minor Disruption

12. Arcanine 274

Arcanine 274 New Member

Great in most any disruption deck. Everyone loves drawing cards and hurting the opponent.

8.5/10

13. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Bill + beefed-up Rocket's Sneak Attack. Pretty good to use the turn after you win a Wager.

8/10

14. Bohn

Bohn New Member

looks sweet with many stuff around

8/10

15. charizard87

charizard87 New Member

Its a great card when used in the right decks (as stated before). But the one problem I have with it is that if PUSA keeps releasing cards like this we may end up seeing Pokemon evolve into the next Yugioh which is a game that focuses (or at least used to) on hand disruption. Which is something I don't want to see happen. It would take away the uniqueness of this game.

Modified 8/10
    Limited 10/10

16. Hot_Carl

Hot_Carl <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I can see a lot of potential in this card, and not for the draw at all. You'd play it just to discard from your opponent's hand, the 2 card draw is just a bonus.

8/10

17. Papi/Manny

Papi/Manny New Member

Hand distrution has been a part of this game since base set....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.