2008-03-27 Palkia LvX - GE 106/106

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

combo with mantine and empoleon or swampert it's a pretty freakin sweet card.

9/10.

3. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

I think it is definetly a good card, but because of its 3 energy retreat cost, restructure on the bench is dangerous. Yet, this is still a great card, almost got beat at states to my friend Sam playing a Swampert/Mantine/Palkia Lv.X deck.

8.5/10

4. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

Put into a Swampert/Mantine or Empoleon deck, and this crad is good to go.
    its poke-power is okay.
    But the 3 RC is risky to play.

8/10.

5. kristi

kristi New Member

This card is underrated. A double gust every turn is just good. I made it work in GG and Swampert.

9/10

6. tglilly

tglilly New Member

This card is decent IMO. It combos well with Swampert and Empoleon. It's power is almost like a gust of wind if you combo it with Mantine.
    I give it a 7/10.

7. ape101

ape101 New Member

Best LvX in GE. Close to broken with mantine:thumb:

9/10

8. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

if you have the proper cards (mantine, gardevoir lv x, switch, warp point) then its power is beyond awesome.
    its attack isnt too bad, considering when you move the energy to the bench youre going to reconstructure next turn to put it back on the bench.

7/10

9. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

This card is awesome. I think it is very underrated. Moving energy while doing 60 damage isn't bad, and it's Double Gust power is what everybody should be looking at on this card. Paired with Mantine, that 3 RC becomes almost nothing to you.

9/10

10. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

Really good card. Palkia, run with just the right water type can be incredibly broken. Its got a bad retreat cost, but great power and solid attack. Weakness is not a problem since theres not many (if any) lightning pokemon being massively used, except for maybe Electivire.

8.8/10

11. Pinsir52

Pinsir52 New Member

Yeah, everybody's said it. Combo with mantine for a gust of wind. Rather nice card.

7/10ish

12. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Good if you have an almost/all water deck with mantine. And just godly with Weavile SW and Moonlight stadium.
    Switches work pretty well, too.

13. Chu51595

Chu51595 New Member

Honestly, it's pretty good and underrated. However, it only combos well with Mantine and a water attacker. Also, if water gets popular(and it will after DP05 is released), then things like Electivire and Magnezone X will pwn this card. 8/10.

14. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Palkia Lv.X is an okay card. A GoW every turn is godly, but your opponent also gets that GoW effect. It's 3 RC is it's major falling point, if it had 2 I think more people would like this card. It combos with Manrtine, Empo, and Swampert nicely. Switch is nice with it too, and it is a useful tech in G&G.

7.5/10

15. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Please reread the rules of this forum.
    Members are to post their own review of the card, not comments on others' reviews, and certainly not arguments back and forth.

16. SLOW DECK

SLOW DECK New Member

As a "Solo" Card, it is trips over it self, literally. But if you pair it with Mantine, (Which I have), you have a Great Deck. The deck it self is red face paint, and doesn't beat everything, but red face paint enough that can beat people who don't know how to play against it. If you play against enough with GG, a good GG can beat it.

Thus as Grade with Mantine
    9/10

17. poketo

poketo New Member

If you play a 2-2 and get both out your oppoenent will have a hard time defeating it but i might just be a tech for a magmortar deck

Don't know if it will do any other deck since i don't own a lot of the recent cards :frown:

18. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

i use palkia in my mantine/empoleon/pelipper deck. i beat magmortar but lose to everything else, so it sorta balances out.

10/10

19. spazcrackers

spazcrackers New Member

7/10

i give this rating based on the fact that i've seen it work with mantine and gardevoir lv X. without the aid of those pokemon,switch,warp point this card fails in this metagame vs the top tier decks. personally i think GE will improve the scenario for this card but until then it's binder material unless you are basing your entire deck around it's power.

-spaz

20. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

There's so many possibilities to turn this card from Double Gust to Gust of Wind. And GOW is one of the best trainers ever.

- Mantine
    - Warp Energy
    - Ampharos d + Pelipper d (<- BDIF)
    - Gardevoir Lv. X + Moonlight Stadium/Phoebe's
    - Switch/Warp Point
    - Weavile SW + Moonlight Stadium
    - Holon WP + Psychic Energy (your other pokémon should have low to no retreat, though)

Even if you can't use any of those in your deck, Palkia can come in handy with Swampert (Come on, 60 without change to lose your energies and Double Gust) - not to mention Double Gust is pretty good by itself. Definitely one of the better Lv. Xs out there.

8½/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.