2008-04-08 Dialga LvX - GE 105/106

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

1st post (yay)

I don't like this card, I'm not lucky. It is not reliable enough to be competitive

4/10

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  3. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Pretty good. Risky, though.
    I once thought of haveing a Blastoise SW/Dialga Lv.X/Golduck d deck. You could play a Holon circle, then use Dialga's power. With Golduck d in play, your opponent can't remove Holon circle by playing a stadium, so unless they have windstorm or Tauros, they either leave it o bump it out. Either way, you win. They miss a turn, or your turn ends and they can't attack.

4. mca3

mca3 New Member

It finished 3rd at MD States with Venusaur(Lucario EX, GREAT JOB), Seems good!!!lol

I give it a 3/10!!! TOO SLOW!!!

5. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Lucario would work well with any turn ending deck I supose, because of stance. I actualy never thought of that combo before.

6. Shino Bug Master

Shino Bug Master Front Page News Editor

^Nah, 2 lv.xs and niether are top grade.

This card is risky, but can have huge benefits. The retreat, lack of useable attack and weakness give this guys 5/10, but he can be a real pain when he is set-up.

7. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Wailord/Magnezone/Dialga Lv.X The ultimate fun deck!

...but you can't really play it competitively. 4/10

8. G-Dog4377

G-Dog4377 New Member

It is a pretty decent card with the right use, I'd say. The thing about it is having your opponent skipping an entire turn is so much more consequential than if your turn ends. You were allowed to play supporters, use powers, play trainers, evolve pokemon, and attach energy. If you flipped two tails, the only negative effect you really got was a prevented attack. If you got the two heads, your opponent couldn't do anything at all. What I'm trying to say is that the potential negative effect for you is trivial compared to the insane negative effect for your opponent.

Muscovy Lv.X, I really like the idea you have there. Toss in an Absol for a wildly disruptive and annoying deck. Also some way of putting on special conditions to prevent powers and add to the obscene annoyance.

9. plebeianprint

plebeianprint New Member

one of the recent unknowns makes your opponent's coin flip all tails, but i'm pretty sure that it's on your opponent's turn, so no dice with this card.

its times two fire weakness is brutal in this format, though the psychic resistance is okay.

i need to spend more time with the power before i give this card too much guff, but right now my modified grade is a 6/10.

10. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

Possibly the most underrated card in Modified.

8/10 Modified, 2/10 Unlimited, 10/10 Limited

11. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

Man.........this card isn't any better than Palkia LV.X.

1. Its 2x weak to :fire:, which means it'll be instantly KO'd by Magmortar.

2. The :ppowr: stinks.

3.5/10 Limited
    2.5/10 Un-limited

12. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Probably the least played of the 3 Lv X Pokemon released in GE, Dialga Lv X has some potential, but not much else going for it. 110 HP is a bit of an improvement over regular Dialga, x2 Weakness to Fire just sucks since Magmotar is so abundant, -20 Resistance to Psychic is ok since G&G is popular also (though the Gardy doesn't attack much), and 2 for a Retreat Cost is decent. Its Poke-Power, Time Skip, is the main reason you'll want to play Dialga Lv X. By having your opponent flip 2 coins, you'll either skip the rest of your turn (2 Heads), do nothing (1 Heads, 1 Tails), or when it's the begining of their turn, they draw a card and end their turn (2 Tails). The main problem I see here is the risk factor; letting your opponent flip for effects is never that good of a gamble, especially if they get 2 Heads (and then fights about cheating abound). Dialga Lv X's only attack, Metal Flash, is overpriced at 2 Metal and 2 Colorless Energy for 80, and the drawback of not being able to use Metal Flash your next turn (though you can still use the attacks of a Dialga under him).

Modified - 5/10 (His Poke-Power is nice, but too risky, and he's weak to a very popular deck)
    Limited - 8/10 (If you can get him out, it'd be fun to use, since these tournaments don't count toward your official ranking usually)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here at all)

13. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

3/10

there's 50% the power isn't gonna do a thing, 25% you-win situation, and another 25% You-lose situation.
    IMO thats very unreliable.

The attack isnt good at all too. 4 energies for 80 and can't attack next turn is something laughable. 110 HP is normal~

Not much broken combo with this card...

14. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Gets PWNED by Mag

Power is all luck based and unpredictable

Attack is weak

Levels Up from a garbage card

Please never play it. :smile:

15. Zyklon

Zyklon New Member

^What?! Everyone should play it, that's an easy win for me when i come with Magmortar.

On-T, this card is BAD. It's something about the worst card I've ever seen. Its weakness is bad, its attack is bad, its Power is bad, its HP is ok, and the regular Dialga is bad. So, everyone should play it. :D

1,5/10

16. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

Yeah, this card isn't that decent. It has its uses, but if the game goes the way you want, you shouldn't need it. Its bad as a fighter anyway, so all that you rely on is its totally gamblish Power. This Power looks like a last resort to me, when it appears you've already lost, and by your opponent flipping 2 heads you won't lose much. A Power that could buy you that one more precious turn...... Thats all that this Power is really good for. And many things like Magmortar can slaughter it easy. So this card, not very good for a Lv. X. Maybe as just a normal Pokemon, but for a Lv. X, I'd expect a lot better.

4.6/10

17. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Lol, this guy is so bad. He barely deserves a ranking.

The HP is good, regular Pokemon bad, Power too luck-reliant, attack bad, Weakness terrible, resistance pretty good, and Retreat Cost average. No combos except Wailord, really.

3/10

18. Donezator

Donezator New Member

This card is kinda ok... But. With all the Magmortar decks out there, it could easily be KO by an attack. Plus, the base damage on its attack is ok... But you can't use it next turn. AND, its Poke Power stinks. But still, with the right combonation this could work!

My score: 5/10 (It may seem harsh, but this card has alot of weak spots)...

19. tglilly

tglilly New Member

This card is great if your opponent sucks at flipping. Otherwise I wold not play it except in a fun deck. Most of the time it will do nothing... some of the time it will end your trun or force your opponent to end their trun right away. It's attack is a little expensive, and it also dose not let you use that attack the next trun. The weakness is bad since magmortar is everywhere. Yet resistance to psychic is good since G/G is also everywhere. The retreat cost of 2 is a decent cost.
    I give it a 6/10

20. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

Would work well with Blastoise's Waterlog. But other then that, I would not play it.
    7/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.