2008-2-14 Luvdisc - GE 077/106

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Happy Valentine's Day!

[​IMG]

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Meh. I rather go with CG one more. Kthxbai.

3. Bobby

Bobby New Member

Luvdisc is kinda creepy. It wants to rendezvous with you on V-Day...

Other starters are generally better, but this thing was a beast for me in the prerelease (I started with it and Amulet Coin EVERY GAME!).

4. Jason

Jason New Member

This comination you mention, PenguinMaster - STILL GET BEATEN TO DEATH BY A PACHIRISU... Ahahahahaha

Yeah, that combination is sooo goood...can draw up to 5 in one turn is nasty.

5. swampert97

swampert97 New Member

IMO, Luvdisc is only good on Valentines day! :thumb:

6. homeofmew

homeofmew New Member

Limited: 9/10 pretty good for limited
    Modified: 4/10
    Valentines Day: 10/10

7. BloodDraek

BloodDraek New Member

in the PR it was ok but still got beaten by my Igglybuff with Amulet coin as a starter.

Even on Valentine's Day, Luvdisc still stinks

8. swampert97

swampert97 New Member

Uh, wrong! lol

9. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

The thing is... well, it's only good on Valentine's Day. It really is not good. MAYBE in decks with like 20 Pokemon, but, that's really it, and Pachi gets the win.

5/10 on every day except Valentine's Day.
    10/10 on Valentine's Day.

10. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

10/10 for Valentine's Day

6.5 for Modified

1.1/10 for Unlimited

11. poketo

poketo New Member

Great early draw effect but i dies right away 4/10

12. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

Happy Valentine's day every body!

Limited= 8/10

Unlimited= 0.5/10

Modified= 3/10

Valentine's day= 11/10

13. swampert97

swampert97 New Member

There we go! Happy Singles Appreciation Day everyone!

14. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Some synergy with PokeNav, other than that pretty random.

6.5/10

Edit: Ok, I raise by half point for ability to T1 OHKO Magmar with Str. Charm and Lake Boundary. Lol.

15. mewlover777

mewlover777 New Member

I'll give it a 30958398232/10 on valentine's day - you'll always win whoever you play against with this card on valentine's day. I run a whole 8 of them in my deck :thumb:

16. BoDragon

BoDragon New Member

[Rendevous is reminiscent of Mary's Request, where you draw for one and two more for a specific condition. You draw one card, hope it is a Pokémon, put it in your hand, and draw two more cards.

Synchro Dance deals ten base damage. It is consistent on matching attached Energy with the Defending Pokémon.

Modified: 5/10
    Limited: 7/10
    Fun: 4/10

17. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

What better Pokemon to celebrate Valentine's Day than Luvdisc, eh?

Luvdisc is a fairly solid base Pokemon, meant to be used as a starter. 60 HP is common, +10 Weakness to Lightning is to be expected, no Resistance, and 1 Retreat Cost. Rendezvous (lol @ people trying to pronounce it correctly) is a decent attack and cheap for 1 Colorless Energy; you get to draw a card, and if it's a Pokemon card, you get to draw 2 more cards. Synchro Dance is also good for 1 Water Energy, having the potential to do 30 damage if Luvdisc and the Defending Pokemon have the same number of Energy (10 otherwise).

Modified - 4/10 (Ok starter, but there are many better options for starters. Could be funny in a Valentine's Day-themed deck or something)
    Limited - 10/10 (Love this card here. Odds that you will get a Pokemon are excellent since half your deck should usually be Pokemon, so that's almost a free 3 cards with Rendezvous)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (Fails when comapred to other more useful Luvdisc, which aren't played anyways)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.