2008-2-16 Darkrai - GE 003/106

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by PokePop, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

2. Don't count on doing 100 to many times. Use number 4. Reach Over is the only good one on this basic. Go get yourself a scramble. 5/10

3. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

This card is alright. I really don't see Darkness Pursuit doing to much, and the fact that it does 100 damage to Cresselia is only going to help you 1 out of 10 times. Reach Over is good for early game but... I'd much rather use something else to get my energy. David's Confused Pokedad is right, Use #4 Darkrai, it's much better.
    5/10

4. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

^^ I agree. However, it provides a counter to Cress. Which is only a tech, and so the second attack is useless. #4 is much better. Reach Over, however, can be used.

5/10

5. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Reach Over is the best thing on it. Dark Pursuit pales in comparison to #4.

6. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

Whoops, wrong one.

7. LVX

LVX New Member

alright energy serach handy if you get a naff hand. But if your deck depended on energy draw smerargle is the way. and this darkrai secound attack isnt woth it atall even as a tech agaisnt cresselia. i think the best thing you can do with this card is trade it for darkrai#4.

3/10 modified ( NAFF)

8. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

This version of Darkrai is useful for its Reach Over attack searching your deck for an Energy card you may play next turn. It is useful for getting out Special Energy cards.

Darkness Pursuit will do 50 damage. In a rare occassion you will encounter going against Cresselia. Three Darkness Energy for 50 damage is costly.

Modified: 6/10
    Limited: 8/10
    Fun: 6/10

9. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

sleep hole is better

2/10.

But the art is cool.

10. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

The first of the 2 Darkrais in this set (#3 and #4 respectively), this Darkrai is the somewhat inferior version. 70 HP is ok for a Basic that can't evolve, +20 Weakness to Fighting means he's Lucario bait, -20 Resistence to Psychic is helpful vs Gardy (but not Gallade), and 1 for the Retreat Cost. Reach Over can be useful early in the game, since it only says Energy card, feel free to nab some DRE or Special Dark with it. Darkness Pursuit is pricey at 3 Dark Energies for 50 damage, but it does 100 damage to Cresselia if it's the defending; this allows him to OHKO both regular and Lv X versions.

Modified - 5/10 (Darkrai #4 is superior imo, and you'll only use Darkrai to get to the Lv X form anyways)
    Limited - 8/10 (Depending on how many people get and use Cresselia, this could be pretty useful. Being able to search out an Energy for free is also good)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (lol)

11. poketo

poketo New Member

Great opening and i might be a tech to fight off crecelia lv x but then again...
    3/10

12. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Reminds me of Furret in SMF. 5/10 in current MF.

~fK

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Useful as a tech for builds that absolutely must fetch a certain special energy. Otherwise...Next!

5/10

14. Kabutops141

Kabutops141 New Member

OK as a tech for Darkria decks, but you should still use the other. It is much better.
    4.5/10

15. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

Alright card. If you play a Darkrai Lv.X deck play 1 of this Darkrai (tech for Cresselia, gets energy) and 1 of the other one. 7/10

16. TavishReppinUtah

TavishReppinUtah New Member

you could always tech with blissey to get boosts but idk

17. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

lol, yea!

this one could be ok, cause its base damage for its attack is 50 instead of 40 like the other two, so that extra 10 could make a difference in some cases.
    i can see darkrai decks playing just one of these and 2 of the #3 with the lv x.

and it looks cool.

18. tyranitarpownzor

tyranitarpownzor New Member

this is ok for reach over...for darkrai decks perferably id use 3 of the 4/106 darkrai and the lvl X...however its a possibility for this one as a energy searcher, use it first of the game..hopefully....but yea id just use the other one with wiggy maybe....
    3/10..srry darkrai 3/106

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.