Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-2009 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnManiac

Next year is proving to be a reall challenge for many players. It has been said that for next rotation, 4 sets will be rotated out.

I'm sure there are those who:

A. Will welcome the elimination.

B. Will hate the rotation (for any reason).

C. Doesn't matter.

The reason for posting is me and a group of league players were talking about how this can really effect strategy.

Big example: Nidoqueen's Invitation. Cessation Crystal won't be of much use anymore.

Last edited:
Next year is proving to be a reall challenge for many players. It has been said that for next rotation, 4 sets will be rotated out.

I'm sure there are those who:

A. Will welcome the elimination.

B. Will hate the rotation (for any reason).

C. Doesn't matter.

The reason for posting is me and a group of league players were talking about how this can really effect strategy.

Big example: Nidoqueen's Invitation. Cessation Crystal won't be of much use anymore.

Wow, it isnt every 2008 yet, and one of these alredy has been made...

and it hasn't even been offically announced that 4 sets are being rotated. Who knows what next year could be? It could be Pop 1-X only or even... god help us all MARIO only (me dodge bricks now).

Lets talk about this in July, after NATS, K?

Here's somewhere else I heard this from:

I don't know...I'm kind of glad that the Eevee's most likely won't be in this set. Why? Because, the next rotation will most likely be DP-on, rotating out the last FOUR ex sets. So, the next year (I know, jumping the gun, here) it will be DP5-on (DP5 most likely having the Eevees). That means that we will have the least time to play with Great Encounters. While I like Palkia/Dialga/Darkrai, I'd rather have those Eeveelutions for a longer time than have them be in the set that will be around for the least amount of time. JMO.

I've also been predicting DP-On for next format, as it is the logical choice. All the EX series cards will be out, and it'll be essentially like when RS-On rotated out the last of the Wizards sets.

But yeah, it's definately a bit too early to be predicting next year. Even I usually wait until after States (since I never can afford to get to Nats).

Um, who cares?

This is December. Not August. Nor Nationals has come yet. Its not even time to consider next year (Except Team M)

Don't slap yourself, it is your right to post. If they don't wish to discuss this, then they shouldn't post in this thread.

However, I'm one to say that I just try to keep up with the current situation and can't really speculate as to what next year might be like. The number of sets they may rotate could be totally different, I was just going with the pattern.

Or maybe we will just follow the Japanese format whatever that maybe? I've always been slightly puzzled why we don't given that PCL design the cards presumably with the Japanese format in mind.

You should see what they have in store for the 2010-2011 season.
Wow. Just, wow!

I already posted a thread like this and it was deleted. I fully think it will be DP-On next season. It just makes logical sense

They should add sets to the format next year instead of taking some away. Bring back EX: Team Rocket Returns through EX: Legend Maker!

DEAR PCL

Bring back Team Rocket. However you see fit.

Your Friend,
Jimmy

That is how I feel about any and all upcoming seasons. Since I don't believe it would be fair to expect them to reprint my favorite stadium. Losing Power Keepers is unfortunate. I wouldn't have felt that way up until this past set, but that's my 2 cents. Also, I feel like Cessation is good for the format. I'll miss it.

DEAR PCL

Bring back Team Rocket. However you see fit.

Your Friend,
Jimmy

That is how I feel about any and all upcoming seasons. Since I don't believe it would be fair to expect them to reprint my favorite stadium. Losing Power Keepers is unfortunate. I wouldn't have felt that way up until this past set, but that's my 2 cents. Also, I feel like Cessation is good for the format. I'll miss it.

lol

Sign my name too!

It seems obvious that they will eliminate all of the remaining ex sets, as the majority of those cards are now unplayable. Next year will be a DP onwards format.

I see EX pokemon all the time in every event. Critial deck components like Delcatty in Mags-Typhlosion or Hurricane, pre-evos like Ralts DF in many Garde/Gallade builds, and techs like Rayquaza d in Empoleon are all super common.

However it's the EX trainers that just about every deck uses. Things like Celio's, Castaway, Scott, Great Ball, and Copycat are mainstays in most decks. Some have replacements in DP like Bebe's for Celio's but so far we have no DP things like Castaway or Scott.

I think that it's a major reach to say that the majority HP to PK cards are "unplayable" just because you don't see the as many of the final stage pokemon in use anymore. Many cards in every set are unplayable or close to it anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back