Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-7-03 Empoleon - MD 017/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we had a bit of a break there as most of the staff was off at the 2008 National Championships.
And here is a card that we saw quite a bit of at the National's Tournament!

displayimage.php

This is a very strong Pokemon card, simple as that, played because of its considerably above average stats and numerous options, with a nice Lv.X to boot. Seen often with Omastar and/or Bronzong but also able to go solo. 9/10.

There is a reason it is among that Metagame and one of the best decks

It's spreading capability is a beast, 30 in two different places
and when needed, Surf Together can pack a serious punch, just hope you can flip your heads

To bad it is easily countered by Meganium d, which will be missed dearly.

Some Lightning techs manage to take it on

9/10

Very good card.

Often played with Bronzong or Omastar, and did well at the most recent national championships.

Attacks:
Dual Splash. One of the best spread attacks in the format right now, and can set up multiple KOs from Bronzong/Omastar/Surf Together. It is the main focus of most Empoleon decks.

Surf Together. Decent damage output, easily powered with Scramble to do a bunch in one turn. Only con about this card is the 10 to bench on Tails flip.

Modified: 9/10

This Is A Very Dangerous Card!!!
It Can Do Infinite Ko's.
Especially with Omastar being played on the later part of the Game

oh man i played against this and omastar, he double KOed me 3 times and won it happened so fast and with primal swirl de-evolving all my damaged evolved cardes makes em Koed too. its just a really good card

It and Garchomp are the only two stage 2's in the format that can hold their own w/o a secondary attacker.
9.5/10

I top 8ed nats with this card. It is soooo good. Its the only thing that can compete with GG overall.
10/10

This has got some pretty decent stuff. Man, I feel like the card makers just wanted people to play this card with stats like that. It gets a lot going for it, similar to Gardellade with the Lv.X and the DP Prinplup for damage spread.

No bench is safe! Unlike GG the loss of Scramble will not hurt this deck nearly as much as DRE/Scramble will hurt Plox. Dual Splash - 60 (30X2) damage for 2 NRG (with no ifs (Banette is in your discard), ands (damage yourself or discard NRG) or flips) is THE best ratio in the format. Great card now and it gets better! ...and just incase that wasn't enough it is virtually immune to having powers and bodys shutdown. If there is a downside it's LvX power is not much to write home about.

Last edited:
I love this card soo much, and if you read the quote from DarthPika in GarchompX12's signature you won't stop laughing.

10/10 Best Card in MD IMO

This card is SO Beast and a Great Compliment to Empo DP!!! I Love this cad with a Passion, if only Everyone wasnt playing it!!!

100/10!!!

oh man i played against this and omastar, he double KOed me 3 times and won it happened so fast and with primal swirl de-evolving all my damaged evolved cardes makes em Koed too. its just a really good card

you forgot the 4Ko's in one turn

I just love this card, Dual Splash is great, Surf Together is easy to set up for 100. Overall great card

9.3/10

I really like this card. Dual Splash is such a good move, it OWNS. Maybe they're stalling with a Starter? Well, hit the Bench! Punish them for trying to stall you out... lol. Prinplup DP spreads damage very well too, so it compliments this card even more, and Piplup MD with the Berry spreads too (not much though... ten to anything...), which also compliments Empoleon!

After you've Dual Splashed their Bench, you can start Surfing Together for KOs everywhere! 80-100 damage is good for Surf Together. Less and you won't get many KOs.

Nice HP, nice Weakness, average Retreat, awsome attacks... all make this card so good.

9.5/10

Very good card but has no one ever thought about running it with omastar AND Bronzong maybe has anyone gave a shot. Doubt it if anyone does try do me a favor and send me a private message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back