Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-9-20 Mewtwo LvX - LA 144/146

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMU stopper, all the way. Otherwise, I've tested a deck with this against other decks, and it doesn't work. so it's only good at beating AMU.
4/10
(^ RATS!!! Nearly had the first post...)

AMU stopper, all the way. Otherwise, I've tested a deck with this against other decks, and it doesn't work. so it's only good at beating AMU.

It beats Restore Chomp.

Dosen't it?

Not quite. Garchomp can still attack if needed, and most restore chomps run a LOT of psy energy. (Lets not turn this into our own discussion. If you have more questions PM me.)

I think it is an excellent and underestimated card,even in it own deck, that should be given another look....

9.5/10

I thought of a mad sweet unlimited deck with this card.

3-2-3 Omastar MD or PK, 2-2 ORIGINAL Fossil Aerodactyl, 2-2 Mewtwo LV. X.

First you put Omastar PK into play, then bench Aerodactyl, and then take them out with Mewtwo! BAHHA IT IS FOOLPROOF! Except for Cessation Crystal... But you could maybe tech in 1-1 Linoone for that, or run 4 Windstorm.

That deck is a sweet fantasy....

The card in general though...

6/10. I wouldn't run it, but it is certainly going to be an annoyance at BR's.

^ What about GrouDONK?

I tech it in my Eeveelutions deck for my horrible AMU matchup... but I hate the card all the same. =(

2/10 in a deck all on it's own.

6/10 as a tech.

Well personally everything aside i think this is a great card esp with it's pokebody it has enough power to take out an evolved card and then if you can get a non evolved card out you'll have time to power back up :)

Mewtwo Lv X is an interesting, if ultimately unfulfilling, card. 120 HP for a Basic Lv X is great, x2 Weakness to Psychic is...ok...no Resistance, and 2 Energy for a Retreat Cost is a bit expensive. Its Poke-Body, Psybarrier, is the main reason you will want to run this card; it prevents all Basic Pokemon from damaging Mewtwo, single-handedly stopping most AMU decks, as their Pokemon are all basic. However, it does leave something to be desired attack-wise; Giga Burn does an impressive 120 damage for 2 Psychic and 1 Colorless Energy, but it also requires you to discard all energy attached to Mewtwo. Though you have the regular Mewtwo to rely on as well (Hypnoblast for 10 and sleep, Psychic for 40+10 for each energy on the defending), those attacks still aren't overly amazing. So overall, great VS AMU, not so great for anything else except early in the game.

Modified - 5/10 (If AMU hype proves to be true, Mewtwo Lv X makes a great counter to those decks)
Limited - 8/10 (Personally, I'd store him in my binder, but he makes a nice big Basic Pokemon here)
Unlimited - 4/10 (Conceptually, he does ok here; Haymaker decks can't hit him if they only run the big Basics and he's super effective against Vileplume EX, but ER and SER eat him somewhat, which is why you would want the Movie Mewtwo or something with him)

Mewtwo Lv X is an interesting, if ultimately unfulfilling, card. 120 HP for a Basic Lv X is great, x2 Weakness to Psychic is...ok...no Resistance, and 2 Energy for a Retreat Cost is a bit expensive. Its Poke-Body, Psybarrier, is the main reason you will want to run this card; it prevents all Basic Pokemon from damaging Mewtwo, single-handedly stopping most AMU decks, as their Pokemon are all basic. However, it does leave something to be desired attack-wise; Giga Burn does an impressive 120 damage for 2 Psychic and 1 Colorless Energy, but it also requires you to discard all energy attached to Mewtwo. Though you have the regular Mewtwo to rely on as well

Or you could just use the other Mewtwo, which IMO is way better.
I like this card, although it doesn't stop amu completly, it still gives it trouble.
Its also a nice backup attacker in psychic decks IMO.
When your hitter dies and you need time, just put mewtwo mda active, and load 2 psychic energies.
If your opponent can't kill it, youc an do 120 for 1 Energy, or Heal yourself to get another turn of stalling.
In the Meantime you can Load your Bench.

With Mewtwo MD 7/10

wow..loooowwww ratings for this card! @_@ The simple fact is that this card stops ALL LEGENDARY'S. Can anyone think of a legendary pokemon that is stage 1 or higher? :) It even stops itself in a mirror match! I used to play this Along Side AMU, and it was a great combo. (39-2 just aint bad.) If you can play this deck fast, it's really mean. I'd pair it with Executor and some good techs. However, I can understand how AMU players will cringe at facing this card. :smile:

95/100 (I might have voted 90 if it weren't the coolest artwork LVX ever!!!)

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back