2009-12-8 Bench Shield AR 83/99

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by MrMeches, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=49220] 2009-12-8 Bench Shield AR 83/99 [/gal]

2. thepliskin5005

thepliskin5005 New Member

hey bench shield this is a great card....just to bad it dosent stop effects of attacks for benched pokemon but if they have flygon x out and you have benched level x card your safe if you have benchshield on it. I put this on floatzel x in my glaceion x deck.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  3. Awex

Awex New Member

Im not really sure the full uses of this card, but to me it looks good. But it also takes up space in a deck where against certain opponents it isn't required
    6.5/10.

4. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

This card is so underated. People are sitting in a format running wild with sniping pokemon and barely anyone is taking advantage of a permanent tool that protects one of your benched Pokemon from taking damage while on the bench.

Facing SP? Throw it down on a Claydol. It can't be sniped by Garchomp C, Honchkrow G, or Palkia G now. Sure, it can still be Luxray'd up and KO'd, but you can't stop everything.

I've definitely considered throwing 2 of these into some stage 2 decks of mine to help protect the bench while setting up, because that is when SP decks seem to do the most destruction.

5. Arcanite

Arcanite New Member

This will be a staple once blastiose from the battle decks comes out!

8/10

6. pikkdogs

pikkdogs New Member

A great tech that could, and maybe should go in any deck.

It lets you protect a benched pokemon from damage caused from attacks.

Lots of people are sniping now. Pooka jsut engineered a sniping deck with Garchomp C. Nobody can get a blaziken out because pooka will snipe it. But now with bench shield you can protect your blaziken fb on you bench, then take out the Dialga G that is causing problems. Also I predict that Blast/katty will get more popular.

The other great purpose of this deck is to protect against extreme attack. Some decks rely on benched lv.x's. Like an alakazam 4 deck or a fire deck with heatran. Flygon Lv.x can ohko both of these guys. But not with bench shield.

Great card 6.5/10

7. Nekizalb

Nekizalb New Member

Bench Shield is decent, but has its drawbacks. It cannot guard against Gengar's Shadow Room. If you attach it to a benched Lv. X, sure, Flygon Lv. X can't Extreme Attack it, but Gengar Lv. X can still use Level Down. But it is useful in some situations. 5/10

8. dave321

dave321 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I like Unown G better at the moment cause it protects against Gengar and this doesnt.

But this can be very useful too, cause there's nothing more annoying than something being built up for 2 or 3 turns then sniped away in a second.

6.5/10

9. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Well, I was busy playing WoW (last major expansion, yay) so that's why this is late :cool:

Anyways, Bench Shield is a nifty little Pokemon Tool. Saving just 1 Pokemon from damage while on the bench might not seem like much, but it definitely has its uses here and there. It won't block as much stuff as Unown G, but in return it does block direct damage, which is cool.

Modified - 7/10 (Has its uses in some decks, but some benefit better from something like Unown G)
    Limited - 7/10 (Helps block the random sniping attacks? Eh, no reason not to take it, unless you really need another Pokemon or Energy)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here)

10. Box of Fail

Box of Fail New Member

Bench Shield + Dialga G LV.X = Amazing counter to Flygon.

6/10

11. Mac_736_the_Gh0st

Mac_736_the_Gh0st New Member

Shield looks like cool card, but Relicant SV does more dmg to another target :(

Situation card 6/10

12. Alazor

Alazor Active Member

I think the best card to attach this to is your tech Manectric (Platinum) on your bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.