Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-2-7 Toxicroak G PL 40/127

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to look out for in the future. One of the more interesting cards from the new set when combo'd with skuntank. Its also got a built in G which is nice as it gives a good matchup vs champ.

Wow, the poke-power looks really sweet, against poison decks.
In all honestly, low HP and double weakness make this card kind of cheap, so..... 6/10?

It's amazing that Saturn's only Pokemon is fairly good (not)... All the same, I think it's over hyped. Sure, it's a good tech against Machamp, but that's really about it. You pit this thing against anything else (even with Skuntank G backing it up) and it's going to fail, especially against AMU.

5/10 for effort.

toxicroak / skuntank will be a tier 2 deak at the most.

Toxicroak:
60 damage and poison for only two energy (one energy if it has the tool attached) thats pretty decent if all you needed was to have skuntank on the field, but you also need to have your own stadium in place. I'm not saying it will be impossible, but to go to all that trouble to set up for 60 damage does not seem all that worth the effort. Plus people are now starting to run unown G and counter stadiums will make it even harder for this card to be good

7/10

toxicroak / skuntank will be a tier 2 deak at the most.

Toxicroak:
60 damage and poison for only two energy (one energy if it has the tool attached) thats pretty decent if all you needed was to have skuntank on the field, but you also need to have your own stadium in place. I'm not saying it will be impossible, but to go to all that trouble to set up for 60 damage does not seem all that worth the effort. Plus people are now starting to run unown G and counter stadiums will make it even harder for this card to be good

7/10

Correction, Toxicroak itself doesn't poison. It relies on Skuntank G for that. If that's what you meant, then ignore this part of my post.

As for the Stadium, that isn't very difficult. Psychic SPs and Basics have the best stadium support in the game. Even then, you can play it when you need it the most. <_< Not even in Yu-Gi-Oh! can you counter someone's field with your own (unless with a certain non-field card, but that's a different story), so this situation obviously won't show up in Pokemon for a while. In other words, for the turn that you place the stadium, you're more than capable of using that Skuntank G.

ofcourse its not that difficult to set up a stadium but i think that if your going for speed its just the same amount of difficulty as to grabing a rare candy in a kingdra or Rampardos deck. (that is why those decks will over shadow this card combo)

ofcourse its not that difficult to set up a stadium but i think that if your going for speed its just the same amount of difficulty as to grabing a rare candy in a kingdra or Rampardos deck. (that is why those decks will over shadow this card combo)

Which is why we have Cyrus's Conspiracy, ladies and gents. :3

More interesting is that it doesn't need Unown G to prevent effects, so it can always be packing Energy Gain.

With Skuntank and a stadium courtesy of Honchkrow G, 60 for P + poison damage is a good deal.

Use it with Lake Boundary (for now) or Lucario GL (Bonds of Time), and the much vaunted AMU turns into a "who kills faster" fest. Toxicroak G wins tha fight, since its immune to damage counters and can attack for a single energy given Energy Gain (go Cyrus's Conspiracy)

This deck is insanely fast. The fact that this deck has a power lock trainer AND a Body locking Pokemon is INSANE. Sure, it has relatively low damage output, but you ALWAYS get that Skuntank, Stadium, and Tool out T2, always. It's like doing 70 with the poison. Even with the low damage output, it is insanely fast and can pretty much stop your opponent in their tracks if you run 4 Power Spray.

Basic pokemon with 90HP > Nice snowpoint temple maybe ? = 1point

pokebody > very useful, no poision/burn/sleep stops Darkria LvX and a machamp counter = 3 points.

attack > 2 for 20, chance of 60, crap even if something is poisioned 60 for two is STILL nothing much. = 0 points

Weakness / resistance > nothing special here = 0 points

4/10
not the best card in this set.
im more intrested in the new blastose/rampidos myself.

The best damage dealing SP card for now. High HP, can be boosted even more. One of the best bodies ever. Combos with other SPs. Has tools to make it a quicker attacker.

9/10 -0.5 for the bad weakness (even if it was like +20/30 it would be better0 and retreat cost(though Poketurn solves that problem. All in all, a great card that probably will be lots of play.

ok i dont think that the dedk will be that great theres to mutch that could go wrong wit hit ywes its fast but i would give the card a 5/10

Dang i should have been watching for this so I could be first :( As others have said great against champ Ok vs others needs back up

In a G-oriented deck as something to weak Psychic cards, the card is solid. Not my choice for primary attacker as a G Pokemon (That award goes to Palkia), but it makes Machamp and other psychic weak types cry.

7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back