2009-4-20 Regigigas DP40

Discussion in 'Card of the Day' started by BLiZzArD, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

[gal=42514]
    2009-4-20 Regigigas DP40​
    [/gal]​

2. gallade

gallade New Member

not that great 4/10

3. Timespiral

Timespiral New Member

I like its first attack itll allow you to pull a dialga G to play but other than that pretty useless. Ok jsut not great

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Underrated tech, at least in my opinion. Definitely not as good as the status heal one in most matchup, but it has its place.

5. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

Art good, moves bad. Drag off is ok, but at least let it deal more damage for pulling a benched pkmn. And too much energy cost for either attack. This guy will be sitting on the bench slowing any deck down.
    6.7 for the Art.
    4/10 for the moves.

6. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Yet another Regigigas hits the format! This Regigigas overall though isn't as preferable as, say, the LA 37 one, but then again most aren't playable anyways (at least he doesn't have Slow Start, lol). 100 HP is nice for a Basic Pokemon, x2 Weakness to :fighting: is bad with Machamp being a popular deck, no Resistance, and costing a very pricey :colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless to Retreat. Drag Off is expensive at 30 for :colorless:colorless:colorless, even if you get the effect of optionally switching one of your opponent's benched Pokemon for the defending. Giga Hammer is also overpriced at :colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless for 80, and you can't use it next turn either. Overall, no real reason to consider this except for Drag Off, and even then it's inferior to the direct damage LA 37 offers.

Modified - 3/10 (One of the more inferior Regigigas)
    Limited - 0/10 (Being a promo, it's not used here, and even if it were, it's only good for stalling until you get something better)
    Unlimited - 1/10 (Uh, no)

7. afstandopleren

afstandopleren New Member

First attack is BAD but it's second attack is GREAT in combo with Giga Blaster! 80, 100, 80, 100 keep it up Gigas!

6/10 because of normality and bad first attack.

8. MrDrif

MrDrif New Member

I'd say that it's the second best Gigas out there. If I'd play Gigas I would use 1 of these, 2 Gigaton Punch and the Lv.X. Second attack sucks but the first attack is so good. You don't even need Palkia Lv.X.

8/10.

9. falcom4ever

falcom4ever New Member

Don't like this Regi. The others are better.

3/10

10. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

This is a neccessity in Gigas decks to me. 1 of these, 2 of the Gigaton punch one. It has a nice 3 energy attack that I wish I had when I played Gigas for States. Also, it is good to have a CONSISTANT 80/100 tradeoff instead of a 60 or 80/100 tradeoff. I give this an 7.5/10.

11. Bippa201

Bippa201 New Member

It's...bad. Attacks are to costly, and have a horrible damage-energy ratio.

But the big card makes a great coaster.

12. Rogue Archetype

Rogue Archetype Moderator <br> Contest Host

Gigas players are not commenting in this thread. They're keeping THIS little card a secret!

The 1st attack is wicked and unexpected. A built in Palkia. It saves switches for the Palkia and It's just brutal if you're not expecting it.

13. baby mario

baby mario Front Page Article Editor<br><a href="http://pokeg

Typical Basic Gigas - high HP, expensive attacks, horrible retreat cost.

None of that really matters, cos it's all about the LV X.

Doesn't have the nice PokeBody that the LA one has, but the attacks are better so . . . tough choice for Gigas players.

14. sixquack

sixquack New Member

It's a basic... so if it's the only basic I draw in my opening hand, I'm off to a very bad start.

3 energy for the first attack that only does 30 damage... yes the forced "Gust of Wind" is nice, but not worth 3.

4 energy for 80 damage is still a bad ratio and I can't use it again the next turn? Ouch. 4 retreat cost, Ouch!

2x:fighting: weakness and no resistance! Ouch, ouch, ouch. (easy turn 2 k.o. for Riolu/Lucario, Machop/Machoke/Machamp, etc...)

The only redeeming quality is the 100 HP vs. non-fighting decks.

2/10.

15. Hot n Cold

Hot n Cold New Member

Not the best. Takes a lot of energy unless you throw it in to a Torterra deck w/ Sceptile. You have to use Drag Off instead of Giga Impact the second time. It also has a huge retreat cost of :colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless: and it is 2x weak to :fighting: which makes it a bad choice. 3/10

16. stevo0236

stevo0236 New Member

kind of bad 4/10 maybee have use with weavile

17. Sabett

Sabett New Member

Wow this is pretty underrated, sure it doesn't have the status heal (which only comes into play every once in a while), but that first attack is way more powerful than any of you are giving credit for, it's like saying put 3 damage counters on one of your opponents pokemon, prevent all damage that the defending pokemon would deal next turn, unless they have switch/warp point. KO this pokemon next turn. Alright so it doesn't always say this, but this thing is really good I like these attacks a lot better than the coin flips of the other one.

18. KaiserBeetle

KaiserBeetle New Member

I like it.

Well lets see here, still not as good as the Recover Mechanism Regigigas but very playable.

100 HP :thumb:
    Retreat Cost :frown: not like you have a choice though.
    First attack :thumb: This little bit of distruption can really make the difference in a game.
    Second attack :frown:

The only thing is that you have to play the lv X with him, that way he can get energies fast and hit for 80 and 100 everyturn. You could also bring up one of your opponents 130 HP guys with the first attack then finish them off with Giga Blaster. I would start playing Regigigas if I didn't have a sheer hatred for the deck.:lol:

7.5/10

19. Master_Whiscash_77

Master_Whiscash_77 New Member

As mentioned previously, this makes for a great tech in Gigas, as it allows you to drag up Claydols etc. and kill them next turn (or force them to consistenly have a switch/warp point) as long as they aren't Guarded. I love the fact that no one realizes how good this card is. It's really funny actually.

20. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

So you like the massive amount of energy required to use the attacks? How about the infamous Machamp that is up T2/3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.