Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009 NORTHWEST Regional Championship - Salem OR

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
NORTHWEST REGIONAL POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP - SALEM OREGON (Note Changes)

Basic Information

Location: Oregon State Fair and Expo Center - [DEL]Cascade Hall[/DEL] Jackman Long Building, 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR

Date: Saturday, April 18th, 2009

Time: Registration at [DEL]8:30[/DEL] 8:00 AM (You MUST be in line by 9:45). Play begins at 10:00 AM. The main tournament (swiss rounds) will last 5 to 6 hours

Three Age Divisions: Juniors (born in 1998 or later)/Seniors (born in 1994, 1995, 1996, or 1997)/Masters (born in 1993 or earlier)

Format: Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck - Cards are allowed from Diamond Pearl or later as well as Promos from POP Series 6 and above and Black Star Promos DP01 and higher) We will do Age Modified Swiss (all players will play in every round)

Cost: FREE

Food: We will take a Lunch break around noon and a Dinner break after the swiss rounds of the main tournament end. There are a number of fast food restaurants located within 1 mile of the fairgrounds. Players are also welcome to bring their lunch/dinner and eat on site.

Additional Information: Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail [email protected]

Prizes Prizes Prizes

• The top 16 players in each of the three age divisions (Juniors, Seniors & Masters) get the following prizes:
1st Place - Regional Championship First Place Trophy / $1500 scholarship award / US National Championship travel award (includes parent or legal guardian for players under 18) / 36 Pokémon booster packs / Other cool Pokémon merchandise

2nd Place - Regional Championship Second Place Trophy / $1000 scholarship award / 36 Pokémon booster packs

3rd Place - A Pokémon TCG Regional Championship Third Place Trophy / 36 Pokémon booster packs

4th Place - A Pokémon TCG Regional Championship Fourth Place Trophy / 36 Pokémon booster packs

5th through 8th Place - 18 Pokémon booster packs

9th through 16th Place - 9 Pokémon booster packs​
  • All players get a Special Promo card and Pin (while supplies last)
  • Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!
  • Exclusive NW Regional Championship promotional item!!! (limited to the first 350 who register)

Registration

We will be doing voluntary deck checks during registration. If you are positive your deck and deck list are in perfect shape you do not have to have your deck checked. There will be random deck checks throughout the tournament and we encourage you to have your deck checked at registration if you are new to the game or have any questions about legal cards. If you are thinking of having your deck checked, you can make things go faster by coming with your deck sorted by Pokemon/Trainers/Energy. We also encourage everyone to have their deck list filled out when they arrive. If you do not have a blank deck list, you can try SteveP's Pokemon Deck List Program that can be found here at the PokeGym: http://pokegym.net/decklist/

Activities

“Their Loss is Your Gain”: WIN a 2005 World Championship STAFF Backpack!!! There are less than 50 of these in existence in the entire world, and you could win one at NW Regionals. Over the years, in our unclaimed lost and found, we have been collecting dice, damage counters, coins and markers. We have used all this stuff to devise a challenge for you that could pay off BIG. It’s simple really, all you have to do is look at the jar containing all those unclaimed lost and found items and tell us how many there are. The person coming closest to the actual number (you can be over or under) wins. In the event we have more than one person win, we will draw to determine which one wins the backpack. There is a limit of one entry per person and the entry forms will be available at the side event table.

Pokemon League : Most of you probably attend a Pokemon League on a regular basis. You get cool stuff just for battling. We have received permission to run a League at Regionals so you can win things for the games you play before, after and between rounds of the main tournament. There will be POP packs and other great prizes for each and every game you play. Go to the side event table and find out how it works.

“Shave Me Bald”: Most of you know that Chris Clanton and David Nelson have put their hair on the line for this event ... IF we break the 400 player mark. If you’d like a chance to win the honor of helping Chris and David lose their hair, assuming we get 401 or more players, then you can sign up at the side event table. A Masters player will get to shave the head, a Senior player will get to shave the beard and a Junior player will get to cover the baldness with Pokemon tattoos. Players can enter for Chris or David at the side event table. We are limiting entries to one per player.

Side Events

DS TOURNAMENT: Throughout the day, there will be a DS tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own DS and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the DS tournament.
Rules - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of Level 100 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; Certain Pokemon, moves and items may be restricted, if you have not played in one of our Pokemon DS events contact us for details on allowable Pokemon, moves and items; "Modified" DS cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark or Action Replay).
Entry Fee - FREE

BOOSTER DRAFT TOURNAMENT: You will get six boosters (Platinum), which will be drafted in pods of 6 to 8 players. You will then build a 40-card deck. All these cards are yours to keep. Energy will be provided. After putting together your deck (you have 30 minutes to do this), you will play three or four 20-minute rounds in a Swiss tournament (everyone plays in all rounds). Prizes will be Pokemon Boosters. Prizes depend on the number of players.
Entry fee - $20.00

CONSTRUCTED or THEME DECK TOURNAMENTS: These side events may be held upon request if there is enough interest.

Last edited:
People you don't want to miss this one. Mark your calendars now, beg your parents, do what you need to do to be there. As always we promise a great Pokemon Party!!!!
momma_june

Get ready for.... The 4th Annual Northwest Team Challenge......wich will of course take part durring the Swiss play portion of the Regional Championship. So start froming your team now. More details will be posted soon.

I 'll probably come, but I'm considering going to Canada for regionals. This one would be way more fun though.

You're right this one will definetly ROCK!!! Trust me you wanna be here in the Great Northwest!!!!

Oregon probably has about as many beavers as Canada, but how are you in the moose department?

Last edited:
Get ready for.... The 4th Annual Northwest Team Challenge......wich will of course take part durring the Swiss play portion of the Regional Championship. So start froming your team now. More details will be posted soon.

It's not fair, all of our x-file members are in college. Maybe I'll form an old fogey's team with Levi, Jim, and all of the other old guard.

I'm not part of any team. :frown: I guess that makes me a Free Agent. Who wants to scoop up the
new kid on the block? Anyone? Fax me your Contract offers. I'm going to bed. @_@

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

ya, i'm gunna win this, it's a sign what with my first time winning to cities in one season of cities :) see everyone there! (team relick's gunna sweep u all)

It's not fair, all of our x-file members are in college. Maybe I'll form an old fogey's team with Levi, Jim, and all of the other old guard.

Good, maybe now that is the case, Team Phoenix Games who has finsihed in 3rd place in each of the first 3 Masters team challeneges can now possibly finish in 2nd place :biggrin:

Oh and Zane you better not play on team OR-EE-GON this year, :wink:

I don't fully understand this teams thing...

its basicly a contest that u grab 5 people or less in the same division and count all the wins from all battles that u did at regionals the team with the most wins, wins a prize for each member thats all i can remember

*Jaw drops*
cool!
lets see...
our team has 4
YAY! thats cool.
but whats the prize?
*crosses fingers* (please be packs, PLEASE BE PACKS!)

Just a piece of paper saying you won, my team is the defending champs, after getting second two years in a row.

Back