Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=51436]
2011-3-11 CL Hitmontop 008
[/gal]​

Hitmontop from CL.

Just okay HP for a basic in this format, terrible weakness, no resistance, unreliable first attack, pretty decent second attack, and acceptable retreat cost. I like the art work on this one.

Art: 8/10
Modified: 3/10 (There are much better things to play)
Unlimited: 1/10 (There's no hope for it, as there are many other things to use)

2nd!!!!!! The first attack is too flippy, second attack is ok, but they only need to do 40 damage FTKO! Hp is bad, weakness, bad, retreat isnt that bad. Playability: 2/10 Art: 8/10

Hitmontop is the kind of card that will only see play in the limited format. And in that format, he's a card you pray your opponet will run, so you can use "fire counterattack" on your houndoom.
4/10 limited
2/10 modified (at least he's not ditto tm)

Today's COTD is Hitmontop from the Call of Legends expansion. :fighting: is a nice type to have at the moment, scary HP for a non-evolving basic, scary weakness, and OK Retreat Cost.
Its first attack, Triple Kick, can do potentially nothing, or be devastating on the first turn. You flip 3 coins. For each heads, it does 20 damage. So that means you might be doing 60 damage on your first turn, or 0.
Its second attack, Close Combat, does 60 for :fighting::colorless::colorless:. Obviously, on your second turn, you could attach a DCE to Hitmontop, but when you read the effect, you won't want to invest a DCE on this thing. So, doing a decent 60 for :fighting::colorless::colorless:, you reduce your defenses and let your Opponent strike for 20 more damage during their next turn. Not good.

Modified: 3/10- I know. Sad, isn't it?
Limited: 7/10- Potential 60 on your first turn? Yes, please! However, the chance of that happening is 33.3%. I know, I need to get a life.

Today's CotD is Hitmontop from CL, another horrible holo. Statwise 60 HP is average for a Basic (though come on, it's non-evolving, give it a bit more love next time), x2 Weakness to :psychic: is bad, no Resistance is common, and :colorless: to Retreat is cheap. Triple Kick is ok, :fighting: for 20x the number of Heads you get with 3 coins can make for some nice damage, but you're just as likely to do nothing. Still, the average damage makes it better than a simple 20 or so... Close Combat is horrible for :fighting::colorless::colorless:, dealing only a substandard 60 and forcing Hitmontop to take 20 additional damage from opposing attacks during the opponent's next turn.

Modified - 1/10 (Why use him over many of the better :fighting: Pokemon out there?)
Limited - 7/10 (Ok if you're using a :fighting: deck, though I'd just stick with Triple Kick as a cheap option while you power up something stronger)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here, bad all around stats and attacks)

Those 12 hour work days ran together!

SO TRIPLE PLAY!!

Good Luck to Everyone Going to States!

Oh wait.... this is ON TIME!

The card is not that bad. Its pretty fast for a basic. The first attack could be better. 50% per flip but is good fir 1 energy and the second attack by turn 2 you can hit for 60 with a DCE. Expert Belt is its friend though. 60 HP is bad and taking 20 more due to an attack is bad also. I don't see this card being more then a tech really.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back