2012 World Championship Decks

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Charranitar, Aug 13, 2012.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charranitar

Charranitar Member

What does everyone want to see for the four world championship decks?

I think the obvious ones are:

Juniors: Terrakion/Mewtwo
    Seniors: Zekrom/Eelektrik/Mewtwo/Raikou
    Masters: Darkrai/Terrakion/Mewtwo

I know they typically draw from the top 4 decks, but there wasn't a ton of diversity at the top. I think the 5th place CMT deck from masters should be the 4th.

That captures the format farely well and gives us a relatively balanced set of decks.

2. cabd

cabd New Member

Much as it would require digging deeper I'd love to see accelgor chandy get printed.

3. THe ONe PG 16

THe ONe PG 16 New Member

I hope they give the 4th deck to Stephan Tabaco for his CMT deck (only CMT in top 8)

4. King Piplup

King Piplup Active Member

They'd have to dig pretty deep wouldn't they?

5. Furn

Furn New Member

I honestly doubt they will just do what they normally do, I can't see them deciding to essentially be publicly shouting about the limited playable pool.

6. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

CMT didn't get 5th in Masters. Sami was 5th based on him being the 1 seed going into cut.

Drew

7. GodBlessAmerica

GodBlessAmerica New Member

Drew is right, Stephan got 6th. I think either his deck should be printed as well

8. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

Heh, why not just print all 4 of the Masters T4 decks? sounds interesting.

9. Darkrai Trainer

Darkrai Trainer New Member

Is it me, or are the winning decks really boring this year? :wink:

10. DarthKalas

DarthKalas New Member

its just you lol

11. StormFront

StormFront New Member

Given this was one of the least creative formats. Is there really any point to printing 4 decks?

12. sdrawkcab

sdrawkcab Forum Moderator

How could you call a format with Accelgor, Chandeleur, Darkrai, Vileplume, & Mew all in one deck the LEAST CREATIVE.

How about plox mirror format?

How about sp mirror format?

Did you see how many different decks won battle roads?

13. Amt

Amt New Member

Did you see what decks made the Masters Top 4?

14. psychup2034

psychup2034 New Member

Zack B. made top 4 in Juniors with CMT. That's my guess for the 4th printed deck.

15. sdrawkcab

sdrawkcab Forum Moderator

Darkrai Mewtwo perhaps?

The point is the whole season isn't solely defined by a single tournament.

16. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Plox was just BDIF like Darkrai was in this format.
    There were plenty of other decks to play, and also other decks that did well at Worlds.
    Magmortar, Togechomp, Beedrill, EmpoZong, Torterra, Blissey variants, just to name the obvious ones.

There was an SP mirror format? What do you mean? 2010? 2011? Both were far away from an SP mirror format. You'd as well call this one a Darkrai Mirror format with Eel as the only other big deck.

Battle Roads were won by different decks in every format. Players are trying something funny at Battle Roads. Well, I won a Battle Road with Exploud in the Plox format, facing a standard Plox deck in finals.

Battle Roads don't define a format. Nationals (in all countries) and Worlds do. Klingklang was the only real light of creativity at the top of this format. Oh, and also the only winning deck that involved evolutions (a basic concept of Pokémon since the beginning) that are not Eelektrik.

17. HellYeah

HellYeah New Member

is there already a list of Seniors: Zekrom/Eelektrik/Mewtwo/Raikou?

18. CFOURCOLTSFAN

CFOURCOLTSFAN New Member

i think that the 4th deck should be the darkrai/mewtwo that got 2nd or masters or they could dig to juniors t4 and go for CMT which i would like too.

19. immewnity

immewnity Front Page News Editor

While it doesn't reveal who yet, here's preliminary info on the decks. There's one new addition that might get some more of you to buy them!

Releasing around November.

20. solo59486

solo59486 Active Member

Wonder what the pin looks like...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.