Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-03-27 PLS Klinklang 090

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54205]2013-03-27 PLS Klinklang 090[/gal]​

ART 9/10
USER-ABILITY 9/10

VERY GREAT IN ITS niche and can turn games around with COBALION EX
very good card imo giving immunity to steel types and searchable with heavy ball, then again, all its stages from basic to stage 2 are like that so big plus there

OVERALL I will give it a 9/10

Last edited:
Overrated IMO, yeah it's a quality card with a quality ability.. but honestly, if your opponent doesn't heavily rely on EXs, It's not that superb.. the surprise factor is already gone, people know about it and build their decks around it slightly.

8/10, mainly because it does change every single deck users mindset while building. That's where most of it's power and affect comes from.

Ah yes, this card...every time I open a set of Plasma Storm packs, I pull one of these. It's like a sign I should play it, or something. Maybe I should, Klinklang is one of my favorite Pokemon, haha.

This card will not be going away any time soon, purely because EX's have and will continue to dominate the metagame. It's going to be like Garbodor in a sense; you know it exists, you know what it can do, but in an unsuspecting metagame, Klinklang can be really good.

I give this an 8/10. Great ability, can be searched out by Heavy Ball, and outside of some uncommon, crazy scenarios(or Garbodor, which is not uncommon or crazy), it will only be OHKO'd by a fire-type non-EX. Its attack just makes me wish the extra 20 was tacked on to do 90 to the active, though. Not to mention, the secondary effect only works on a flip anyway. Then again, something's probably not going your way if you're attacking with this Klinklang in the first place.

actually, attacking with this klinklang can be pretty good.
It gets the OHKO on Sableye which is fairly important to prevent your opponent from messing around with lasers and Darkrai. Overall, the attack isn't so great, but since the energy slot isn't so dedicated with Shift Gear in play then things are going pretty okay.

Ran this guy at MD states to go 7-0 in swiss and win. What's not to love? It has one of the best, anti-ex abilities in the format with Plasma Steel and has a decent attack that can ko a sableye or set an EX up for a KO with Cobalion EX the next turn. Only downside is the limited playability as steel is often a type that has a fairly shallow card pool. As far as the artwork, I personally really like the plasma shooting out from behind it. The three retreat cost is a plus (searchable by heavy ball) and minus (pain to retreat) and the low HP are some things that leave some room for improvement. Overall about 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back