Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-05-22 PLF Chandelure 016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54678]2013-05-22 PLF Chandelure 016[/gal]​

I love Chandelure
130HP on a stage 2 is just sub par.
The ability, Flare Navigate is where I take interest. It's a neat way to use energy acceleration.
The attack is decent, the "Heal 30 damage" is pretty handy too.

x2 weakness to water really hurts! With plasma box, this card stands a very small chance in the meta.
No resistance.
2 retreat is horrible.

Overall since I've began testing with the card, I'd say it deserves a solid 6/10 in the current meta.
For creativity and fun... I'd have to say 9/10.
Awesome artwork too 10/10.

#1 ^_^

7/10

Not as good as it could have been. Energy acceleration from the deck is nice, but that damage can really hurt you. Unlike Emboar and Blastoise, you're only getting one energy at a time, so unless you get multiples stage 2s out at once, you're not getting any big turn 2 attacks off. Unlike Eelectrik (a stage 1), you can't reuse the energy unless you have superrod (and that is not an infinite resource either).

Should we count this out? I don't think so. It's a plasma pokemon, so it gets all that support. It could work well with Snorlax and White Kyurem EX (self damage actually helps here). And the attack isn't all that bad if you have to use it. It's just enough to take out Klinklang while healing the damage you took from the ability. Energy acceleration is not to be overlooked, it's just that right now there are better choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back