Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-06-14 PLF Cofagrigus 056

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54718]2013-06-14 PLF Cofagrigus 056[/gal]​

3/10 while the ability is interesting and the attack has potential this card is sadly lacking in several ways
first its a stage 1 so you can't splash these for the ability easily.
second the attack isn't dce compatible
third 2 retreat cost

On first glance; 1/10. God awful ability, terrible HP for a stage 1, awkward attack cost, 70 doesn't really make up any numbers, bad weakness and bad retreat.

However combined with Pokemon such as Shaymin EX, Flareon PF and possibly Lucario PS is can be fairly good albeit very risky and won't be winning any tournaments most likely.

6/10 for it's suicide deck potential.

7/10

This might be generous, but I really like this card.

Ability has some amazing combo potential. I've faced Shaymin/Cofagrigus and it can be pretty strong. Another option is Cofagrigus/Lugia. Give up one prize to set up a 2 or 3 prize turn with Lugia. And there's always life dew if you really don't want to give up a prize.

But the attack is interesting too. You shut down Lasers, Hammers, Flipz, :cool: and (depending on the ruling) may be able to take advantage of stasis effects that depend on coin flips. Damage output isn't the greatest (especially considering the attack cost), but it's acceptable (takes out Sableye at least). And can always be boosted with Deoxys.

Not the "best" card, but in terms of creativity 10/10

This card is truly amazing card....people who gave this a low score does know the game well. See you dont hafe to use its ability if the situation isnt good to use the ability. If the active pokemon is holding on by 3 2 1 damage counters you can knock it out they take a prize but if you have life dew attached to it they take no prize and they send up there new active pokemon and do damage to it or knock it out. And you could do multiple cofarigus ability's a turn.....im giving this a 8.0

I think it's an underrated card because of some of the combos that work by falling behind. Granted, we don't have Twins or Scramble Energy, but as aforementioned, cards like Shaymin EX, Lucario, etc. work well with this Cofagrigus.

However, playing with this card would not result in an "auto-pilot" deck like TDK, Blastoise, or Gothi-gor.

This card suffers from the most unfortunate typing. Deck that play all the flips. 2 that I can think of:

Darkrai/hammers or lasers: Cofagrigusis weak to :dark: and gets OHKOed

Durant: Durant is resistant to :psychic: so it misses the OHKO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back