Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-06-27 PLF Bisharp 073

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54735]2013-06-27 PLF Bisharp 073[/gal]​

Even a few years ago, 40dmg for one energy would have been terrific. Now, even with Deoxys EX and Dark Claw ready to power it up, it's still undwhelming compared to the low-energy attacks of Pokemon EX.

Since Rayquaza EX is the only popular dragon-type in the current metagame,Dragon Slayer is good only for KOing it in 2 hits. Which everything else does anyway, making a Stage 1 with an awkward attack cost kind of useless. (Completely useless).

4.5/10

Another card that's pretty much filler except for it's dark/plasma typing and all the support it gets. 40 for one is solid, and can be boosted further with Deoxys and Dark Claw, but that's still not enough to justify a line of this in your deck as you cannot use it turn one. (says more about the current metagame than the card)

Don't care what anyone says. This card is simply awesome is a vanity sense. Mainly because I just love that they named its attack "Dragon Slayer". It reminds me of the anime Fairy Tail :biggrin: Plus Bisharp is just a cool Pokemon.

Eh. 5/10. If it were something like the new Haxorus, it'd be a bit better (Hmm comparing a Dragon to a Dragon Slayer... go figure)

10/10 for awesomeness. Bisharp the Dark Dragon Slayer. Lolz

With 3 Deoxys and a Laser it can hit 180 damage to KO any dragon EX in the format, the playable ones being Rayquaza and Black Kyurem. But why bother? Kyurem can as well and it's much faster and versatile. I suppose you have access to Dark Patch but that's about it.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back