Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2014-2015 Format Announced! BCR-on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brace yourselves. A flood of Landorus EX decks is coming!

Kidding aside, I'm surprised Boundaries Crossed didn't get rotated. I was expecting PLS-On or even PLF-On. As an Empoleon I'm very glad that we are keeping Skyla and Town Map. I'm glad to see Tropical Beach gone along with Sableye. Without Dark Patch my Darkrai/Yveltal deck is pretty much dead but I'm not too sad about it. It had a good run for me.

I will miss the following:
Level Ball
Heavy Ball
Enhanced Hammer
Dark Patch

Prism Energy
Blend Energies

While I'm glad we are keeping Skyla, I am (and probably everyone else is) not looking forward to T1 Night Spears from Landorus-EX.
Seriously, Landorus just needs a Muscle Band, Strong Energy, and a Fighting Stadium. This is going to be a problem.

Thanks god for the loss of Sableye and Dark Patch. No more Yveltal-EXs coming out of nowhere to knock out a clean EX. That Pokemon needed to lose some power. No more Laser/Hammer spam either!

Ouch. I was hoping Keldeo EX would leave. I'm glad to see dark decks lose a lot of power but this does create more problems. Still with Virbank Laser, Landorus can hit 120 damage with 3 snipe. Guess Im still glad for Keldeo... A little upset to see Ho-Oh EX leave as I was testing a new deck with it. It wont be good to switch OHKOs for 1 energy, 90+ plus 30 snipe damage attacks.

Also glad to see my current deck not take a hit so Im glad for that. Bring it on! Though I would have much rather a hard rotation to XY, since they are also having a sanction BW- On format as well. This would let XY grow in the main format and still keeping around the older format.

Ouch. I was hoping Keldeo EX would leave. I'm glad to see dark decks lose a lot of power but this does create more problems. Still with Virbank Laser, Landorus can hit 120 damage with 3 snipe. Guess Im still glad for Keldeo... A little upset to see Ho-Oh EX leave as I was testing a new deck with it. It wont be good to switch OHKOs for 1 energy, 90+ plus 30 snipe damage attacks.

Also glad to see my current deck not take a hit so Im glad for that. Bring it on! Though I would have much rather a hard rotation to XY, since they are also having a sanction BW- On format as well. This would let XY grow in the main format and still keeping around the older format.

Keldeo is in Legendary Treasures. Wouldn't have been going anywhere.

With the announcement of next season's card set rotation, there are some cards that I will miss (IMO current game format "impact" from */low to ***/high):

• Blend energy (GRPD) and
  • Blend energy (WLFM). Each set provided the necessary "fuel" to power-up certain combinations of Poké. Very useful in certain decks. Impact: **
  • Bouffalant (Bouffer). This particular Poké was quite versatile in that it had only a Colorless energy attack, its Ability reduces damage from an attacking Poké; and it could inflict either 60 or 120 damage depending upon if the defending Poké was a non-EX or EX type. Used in a variety of decks. Impact: *
  • Dark Patch. A staple in most Dark Poké decks since it provided some energy attachment acceleration and was a Junk Hunt'able. Impact: ***
  • Enhanced Hammer. An Item that required no-flipping and was a sure way to remove opponent's attached Special energy. Used mostly as a tech in some decks. Impact: *
  • Level Ball. This particular Item was used to search for needed Poké (with <=90 HP) and a key staple in setup decks. Impact: **
  • Prism energy. A Special energy that supplied every energy type when attached to a basic Poké. Very, very useful in certain decks. Impact: **
  • Rayquaza EX. A once very popular Poké that was an integral component of a top tier deck for a period of time. Will probably re-surface again in the extended play game format. Impact: *
  • Sableye. The "Mr. Spock" (beside "Captain Kirk") of many Dark type decks. This was, IMO, a HUGE contributor to the success of those decks. Will definitely miss this Poké. Impact: ***
  • Skyarrow Bridge. A Stadium that reduced the retreat cost of Basic Poke; useful in certain decks. Impact: *
  • Super Rod. A great Item that allowed a player to recover and recycle Poké and Basic energy back into one's deck. Impact: *
Given these particular changes, it will be interesting to see how the game might change. For example, will we start to see more Stage 2 decks being played?

Given these particular changes, it will be interesting to see how the game might change. For example, will we start to see more Stage 2 decks being played?

Sadly, Stage 2's will probably have an even harder time in the new format. Level Ball was huge in those decks, as was Tropical Beach. Super Rod was important, and even though Sacred Ash can replace it, getting back Energy was very useful and it will be missed in both Stage 2 decks and Virizion/Genesect. Doesn't help that Evolving Basics can be KO'd easily with Landorus-EX's Hammerhead, Lucario-EX's Missle Jab, and Landorus FUF's Shout of Power either.

At least with the new set we get powerful or potentially good Evolutions like the Poliwrath/whirl line, Blaziken, Tyrantrum, Magmortar, and Electavire. Training Center can help, too. However, they will still have trouble with all their losses from the rotation.

man...gotta say i am loving this new format ^_^ !!

i will miss level ball, but not too many cards i use are hit.

hmm, also seems like a good time to trade off a lot of cards...at the next sneak peek.

Prism energy will be missed. This does make energy switch decks harder to play. Well, time to start some research for a new deck to play.

I do hope we get the 2014-2015 Standard Format Legal Card List sooner than later. Makes things easier to sort out than having to check which cards were reprinted.

Seems like they are doing everything in their power to keep stage 2 decks down.

While I do believe Evolution decks might struggle in this new format, they did bring us Training Center, a ton of potentially good evolutions like Poliwrath, Blaziken, Magmotar/Electavire, Drapion (okay I might be the only one here who thinks this card has some potential), Tyrantrum, and some new anti-EX cards like Fighting Stadium and Hawlucha.

I don't think there trying to be that harsh on evos.

While I do believe Evolution decks might struggle in this new format, they did bring us Training Center, a ton of potentially good evolutions like Poliwrath, Blaziken, Magmotar/Electavire, Drapion (okay I might be the only one here who thinks this card has some potential), Tyrantrum, and some new anti-EX cards like Fighting Stadium and Hawlucha.

I don't think there trying to be that harsh on evos.

Thats true but a lot of them still require a lot of deck space to get going. Without Level Ball, they lose consistency. They pretty much have to run PFC, wich places them at a disadvantage because they lose their draw supporter getting basics into play. With the first turn rules the way they are, they can't call for family and decks running evolutions (attacking stage 2 Pokemon), they pretty much need to go first. They also need to have all the parts at the right time and with the rotation, this is made much harder so thicker lines with Evosoda is going to be needed.

Its not all that bad but the decks would have less space to run techs.

[*]Super Rod. A great Item that allowed a player to recover and recycle Poké and Basic energy back into one's deck. Impact: *

Super rod is actually still available it's in a later set if I remember correctly

CORRECTION: Sorry about that, it isn't in a later one, my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back