Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on 22/6 with... an Aggron Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jappleacke

EDIT: So, apparently I can't post more than one deck. I spent about 2 days writing a report about this Aggron Deck. This is the end of the report, so if you want to read the whole thing, go to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57928636/Aggron Building Thread.txt

RATIO AS OF 1/2/13: 26/8

>inb4 NO LINKS

x4 Aron DRX
x3 Lairon DRX
x3 Aggron DRX
x2 Darkrai EX
x3 Sableye DE
x1 Emolga DRX

x3 Ultra Ball
x1 Level Ball
x2 Heavy Ball
x3 N
x3 Professor Juniper
x2 Bianca
x3 Cheren
x2 Random Reciever
x3 Crushing Hammer
x2 Enhanced Hammer
x4 Devolution Spray
x3 Pokemon Catcher
x2 Super Rod
x1 Skyla
x1 Computer Search
x1 Tool Scrapper

x8 Darkness Energy

Well... Here it is. My final build of my mill deck. I honestly didn't know what to expect of this deck. The trick was to use Darkrai's Dark Cloak to retreat for free if Aggron ever got into the
active spot. I didn't think it would work. Then, at the start of my first game, I realized I had Sableye. So, then I changed it up. I would put Sableye in Active, Evolve two Aggrons for a total of
6 discarded cards, and then Devolution Spray both and then use Sableye to Junk Hunt to get the Devolution Sprays back to discard 6 more cards the turn after and the turn after that. I couldn't wait
to see if this would work.

In each game, I usually wouldn't bench Darkrai until I needed him, or if I needed to stall, just so he doesn't get Catcher KO'd. I couldn't afford to have 90+ DMG on an Aggron because when you use
Devolution Spray, it would end up killing himself. My bench usually consisted of 2 Lairon/Aggron, A Darkrai, an Emolga, and an extra Sableye (Sometimes 2 Sableye instead of an Emolga, if I'm
lucky). I would also have Sableye active.

TESTING RESULTS: WIN/WIN/WIN/WIN/WIN
W/L RATIO: 10/2

Ok guys. I'm being serious here. I'm not saying my deck is the best deck, but what I'm trying to say is that it's still an alright deck. All of these results are real, and I wish I took pictures,
but I didn't know I would be making this.

Keldeo/Blastoise: I was kind of looking forward to this matchup, seeing as that everyone wants to run Keldeo/Blastoise (or so it seems). G1 was delayed with Crushing Hammer, and then switched
to getting Devolution Sprays back instead of Crushing Hammers. I lost G2 because of a crucial misplay- I thought I hadn't attached, so I attached to Sableye and proceeded to switch him with my
Active with Darkrai's Dark Cloak. My opponent said that I already attached. I lost because I lost my only Sableye and both Super Rods and my other Sableye were prized. What a prize indeed. G3 sorta
turned out to be a carbon copy of G1, so there's nothing to say that hasn't already been said.

Darkrai/Hydreigon: So, this game sort of turned my deck into Hammertime. I had two Crushing Hammer and Sableye active almost all game, and when he couldn't get his energy back, he scooped. This happened for both games.

Rayeels: Boy, did this deck scare me. I really couldn't discard any Lightning Energy, seeing as Dynamotor runs on it, so the first thing I did was go for his Fire energies. My opponent only ran 6
in his deck, but 6 is a huge number when we're talking about coin flips and Hammers. I stalled long enough to deck my opponent out. I think in both games the Prize count was 0-3, with me as 0
because I didn't take any prizes. Another win. I was starting to think I did right.

Reshiboar: Discarded all his Emboars both games. There's not much else to say.

Mew/Accelgor/Empoleon: I lost G1 because I couldn't setup 2 Aggrons because I was drawing dead. Also, turn-2 Attack Command, and with my bench usually being full, that's an extra 60 DMG. G2 & G3
both had the prize count 0-5, me being 0 (obviously) and my opponent being 5. G2 was pure luck- He ran out of energy and scooped, but G3 was far more dangerous than that. I only had 6 cards left in
my deck, Juniper in hand. All I needed was 2 Aggron. One was discarded and the other was prized, so I checked through my discard, calculated how many cards he had in his deck, and trusted my
counting abilities. I used Juniper and- What do you know? Super Rod, Heavy Ball, 1 Aggron, and a Devolution Spray. Turns out my counting was right, as my opponent only had 5 cards. I used Super Rod
to put Aggron back in my deck along with a Sableye, used Heavy Ball for the other Aggron, drop both on the field, discard 6, and Devolution Spray just in case I counted wrong. Turns out I didn't.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
In 8 turns (including 3 turns to setup two Aggrons), I can discard half a deck (30 cards). So, if we calculate this:

60 - the initial 7 - prize cards = 47 cards.
47 - 8 turn draws = 39
39 - 5 turns of dual Aggron/Devolution Spray (30) = 9 cards remaining.

This obviously doesn't include the N's they used and other cards to get cards out of the deck.

All in all, this deck isn't so bad. I'm considering putting it to the test at a tournament. At the moment (12/30/12), I am on a 15 win streak with this deck, and my actual ratio after testing is
22/6. Maybe you guys should try the deck out (Get it? Deck out? Oh...).

The reason I made this thread as I sit here, drinking coffee, is because I have a question for you guys:
[DEL]What's a good coffee flavor? I'm sorta tired of French Vanilla.[/DEL]
Is there anything I can change to this deck to increase consistency?

Last edited:
Looks like a nice list you have here. Have you tried using Rescue Scarf or Revive. Sableye seems to been needed in the deck so you need more ways to get them back.

Looks like a nice list you have here. Have you tried using Rescue Scarf or Revive. Sableye seems to been needed in the deck so you need more ways to get them back.

I've tried using Rescue Scarf in my other decks. It's alright, but 3 is already a good number and with Super Rod, it's already pretty good. I've never run into a problem where I ran out of Sableye. I may though...

First off, all i can say is wow, i built this deck just so see cuz i almost couldnt believe it, but im a believer now!
The only thing I can see changing is the random receivers
There r 11 supporters in the deck and that's definately plenty, I put a energy retrieval in place of one, and a candy for the other, just in case I need to mill one extra time and I found a place for another syg *don't determined what*
Email me ur results
Rtfm

First off, all i can say is wow, i built this deck just so see cuz i almost couldnt believe it, but im a believer now!
The only thing I can see changing is the random receivers
There r 11 supporters in the deck and that's definately plenty, I put a energy retrieval in place of one, and a candy for the other, just in case I need to mill one extra time and I found a place for another syg *don't determined what*
Email me ur results
Rtfm

Haha, it's quite surprising, isn't it?

I've tried candies before- 1, 2, 3, and 4- and for some reason I don't like them. I guess it's just preference because I like to have Lairons at the end of a turn because Arons on my field kind of scare me. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I could try it. As for the Energy Retrieval, that's actually not a bad idea. I might switch my Random Reciever for a Rescue Scarf (as mentioned by vaporeon) and an Energy Retrieval. I'll have to try that later on PlayTCG.

Haha, it's quite surprising, isn't it?

I've tried candies before- 1, 2, 3, and 4- and for some reason I don't like them. I guess it's just preference because I like to have Lairons at the end of a turn because Arons on my field kind of scare me. I don't know, maybe it's just me. I could try it. As for the Energy Retrieval, that's actually not a bad idea. I might switch my Random Reciever for a Rescue Scarf (as mentioned by vaporeon) and an Energy Retrieval. I'll have to try that later on PlayTCG.

I would like scarf in there, but the problem is tool scrapper, I feel like its almost a waste of space, but idk I'll try it too, thanks for the deck, id like to try it at citys lol

I think you switch out 1 ultra ball for gold potion (not computer search because l own 2 and l completely hate them) and the Biancas for 2 Skyla

I would like scarf in there, but the problem is tool scrapper, I feel like its almost a waste of space, but idk I'll try it too, thanks for the deck, id like to try it at citys lol
-cough-garbodor-cough-
My ratio with Garbodor decks is 1/2. 1 loss is because I didn't have Tool Scrapper. That's why it's in there, haha.
Little known fact: I started playing in late October and I've never been to a tourney, just to leagues. If you do try it at Citys, seriously- please update the thread! I want to know what happens!

I think you switch out 1 ultra ball for gold potion (not computer search because l own 2 and l completely hate them) and the Biancas for 2 Skyla
I've tried Gold Potion, It doesn't really work in this deck. I know you don't like Computer Search, because I read your other decklist, but it's good in this deck for that one Energy you need, or a Pokemon, or a Supporter if you don't have one. I like it. Skyla is not necessary because it's rare that I need another Trainer card. Even if I need an Aggron or something by getting a Heavy Ball, After you get a Heavy Ball, after that then what? You still have a bad hand. I love Bianca in this deck because your hand runs dry alot. I guess it's just me, but in all of my other decks, I use around 3-4 Skyla, so it's not like I don't like her. I don't know.

Alright well I tested it out, and cities didnt go so well, I couldn't get the hammers i needed, maybe more skyla, I think it will make it more consistent?

Alright well I tested it out, and cities didnt go so well, I couldn't get the hammers i needed, maybe more skyla, I think it will make it more consistent?

It's a bit wierd. I never ran into that problem. I guess it's just wierd luck. You could always get rid of the Random Recievers for Skyla, but I usually keep it in there or replace the Random Recievers with another hammer and a Revive. I usually like Random Reciever because even with all those supporters, it's saved me a bunch of times. Of course, that's just my own opinion, but do whatever you please with the deck! I posted it for everyone else to see and try.

I'm recording a game soon of it in action, so look out on the thread for the link.

And my ratio is now 26/8. I lost twice to a refined Mew deck. Gothitelle, Darkrai, Accelgor, Dusknoir, and Musharna with Forewarn. It was impossible to scoop him up. It was also wierd that it was so consistent, seeing that it had so many Pokemon. I might test that deck out one day.

Sorry about Cities, it happens to the best of us.

I've been running this deck for a while because I love aggron and I love the theme. However, Darkrai has been tearing me up every other game and it's so annoying. I'm tempted to add in max potion but I have no clue what to take out. This has been the only problem so far for me. I've had my pokemon catchered and blasted by everything, but darkrai is the worst. especially when it's combined with Dusnkoir and I can't use devolution spray at all. OUCH! Other than that. VERY INSANE DECK! Love it!

Due note, I've built this deck, and I do attack with Lairon. I threw metals in the deck, its a coin flip yes, but it still helps with the mill if you are to get a few heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back