Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2nd Annual $200 Cash Tourney in Missoui

There will be a Cash Tournament held at Dragon King on December 27th. First Place is guaranteed $200 if at LEAST 10 people show up(which we will definitly have). The more people we get the more cash will be awarded. Heres information about the touranement...

* The format is E-On with Nintendo Rules.

* $20 Per Entrant

* 4 Round Swiss, cut to Top 8.

* Swiss and Top 8 single rounds, Top 4 and Top 2 is 2 out of 3.

* Money to top 4 only. Also to Top 8 if we get enough entrants.

* 30 Minute Rounds except for Top 4 Top 2.

* Not sure what time yet..will find out soon. Most likely 12-2.

* This will be sanctioned.

Any questions just ask. If you are going to attend please state your name, age, and state you are from. Directions to DK Hobby can be found at http://www.dkhobby.com/ Thanks. I hope I can see a lot of you there.

~Colin

UPDATED, the day was changed to the 27th

Last edited:
Yawn, stretch, Meganium gets up from his post Dragon hangover.

Yep, we are doing it again.

Will be hosted at Dragon King!

Woot, I know of about 7 people who are showing up at this time.

Thanks!

Meganium45

Bah... I can't make it guys. I'd have to take off from both of my jobs, and I dont' really wanna have to do that =|. Andrew says he might come if you guys draft (pass draft, not sealed) beforehand or after the actual tourney. Though I don't think he'll actually play in the cash tourney cuz he thinks he can't win.

Meganium, hey, thanks for getting all the stuff straightened up. Didn't mean to come off as being so angry, just wanting to know what's up. I acted kinda stupid lol. Thanks again, you guys ran an awesome tourney, and I hope I can make the next pre-release.

Sorry I can't make the cash tourney... I was really looking forward to it. I'll definitely make the next prerelease and the tours when they roll out.

Hmm, apparently NO interest in a cash tourney??!???

Any wisdom in delaying this a week until the 27th???

Let me know.

Did I mention this would be sanctioned???

Meganium45

meganium45 said:
Hmm, apparently NO interest in a cash tourney??!???

Any wisdom in delaying this a week until the 27th???

Let me know.

Did I mention this would be sanctioned???

Meganium45

I think moving it a week will probably be best. I will want to relax that first weekend of Winter Vacation. hopefully pat can come then.

I might be able to make it then, I'd have to check and see what I have going on...

So long as its not snowing like mad that day, it seems like a good idea. I guess there isn't too much difference in the possibility of snow for either day though, since its only a week apart... but christmas has that magic of making snow or something... I dunno lol. Whatever you guys do, its cool, I'll have a better shot at coming on the 27th, but don't let that be you're main factor in deciding, as I'm sure you'll have a bunch of locals there, right?

Whatever you do, its cool, good luck with the turnout with or without me.

Well, I'm going to ask tomorrow if I can get the day off, dunno exactly when I'll find out if I can get it off or not. Thanks for moving it back to the 27th, that definitely helps. I'll definitely ask, and i really really hope I can make it.

*prays for good weather*

EDIT: Oh, are they KY people coming down for this? I hope we get a bunch of people for this, that'd make for one exciting tourney ^_^ 200 dollars on the line and a bunch of people... I better bring a stress ball lol!

Last edited:
Hmm, either noone coming, or noone posting....

Can't we get more people to come on down...Come on KY, it's only 2 days after Christmas! Come on Chicago (does anyone still play up there?). Hey, Iowa, you need a place to go on vacation!!!

After all...IT IS POKEMON!!

Meganium45 - THE holder of the cash tourneys!!!

"Hey, Iowa, you need a place to go on vacation!!!"

rofl.

Anyways... I'll probably find out on Wednesday or so if I got off so that I can come. I'll post then. Andrew's gonna come with me if I can go, but I'm not sure if he'll play in the cash tourney or not.

And yeah... cmon KY peeps, Chicago peoples!

And everyone pray there butts off for good weather....^_^

There are some Pokemon players in Iowa that are looking for something to do over break, I'd imagine, and a cash tournament might bring them down there to St. Louis.

I personally won't be able to make it down there for the tournament, as I have a family function that day (in fact, I had family conflicts for either of the dates). I will be sure to let everyone at my league know about the tournament, so there is a chance that someone from Iowa could make it down that way and come home with some money in his/her pocket.

drackmere said:
There are some Pokemon players in Iowa that are looking for something to do over break, I'd imagine, and a cash tournament might bring them down there to St. Louis.

I personally won't be able to make it down there for the tournament, as I have a family function that day (in fact, I had family conflicts for either of the dates). I will be sure to let everyone at my league know about the tournament, so there is a chance that someone from Iowa could make it down that way and come home with some money in his/her pocket.

Well the more the merrier, I really like playing people from different places so I do hope they can come. Anyway how many go to your league?

I'll be there! ^_^

ANd yeah, Iowa peoples come on down! Everyone come on down, it'll be a blast! Get greedy with the money you get from the relatives and try to multiply those earnings by 5!

I'll see if Andrew is definitely coming with me soon, I just gotta ask him next i see him.

Cyas there!

Noone wants to take all the money! Sounds like we will have the best coming from the Gathering Ground, and Dragon King....

Must call people in Sedalia, to see if they are coming...

M45

Meganium says "bump"

Just a reminder, we will be keeping the ruling as Pokemon Nurse will not discard any energy from a Pokemon that has no damage counters upon it.

M45

You guys know I would come if I could... but between having family over and working that day, I can't do it. Sorry! =P

I promise when I have my driver's license I will come down at least OCCASIONALLY.

~ Jon

Back