Rainbowgym

Nationals this weekend

Germany 4-5 June
France 4-5 June
New Zealand June 4?

Unofficial:
Poland - format DP-on

Last edited:
I hope you're damn well prepared for the biggest National in Europe!

Yes, the French one ! :biggrin: Kidding, kidding.

Last year we had a top16 masters with 13 Luxchomp, 2 jumpluff and 1 Dunsparce deck (and top8 full of luxchomps). Let's see if we would do better (or worse) this time.

Add New Zealand to the list.

So Good luck to those in Germany and France tomorrow :)

Leaving in an hour, getting kinda nervous but after this im done with sp and gengar, either way, so I guess thats something to look forward to :D

Polish Nationals just finished.

Let me explain few things before I report my part.

We do not have anyone overseeing us. No PoP, no league, no nothing. But long time ago best players kinda joined together on forum that belonged to a company that distributes PTCG cards in Poland.

We perhaps have no official judges nor rewards but we still have decent level of competition there.
We play in DP-on but it's going to change soon in some parts of our country. In others not so easily. So basically no one cares about us here yet we had 46 players in Warsaw today. And those were just best players from each city (or at least the ones that could come but that's usually the same) Also we agreed to post info's here. We decided to step out of the shadow and at least show the community that we ARE IN FACT VERY MUCH HERE "Hello World!". So maybe someone will notice us...

We played swiss 6 (1 match each round) and then top8 played until 2nd victory was achieved by any side.

So here it goes (we have slightly different meta from yours, probably because of having more cards available, but still in Poland rogue decks are most used ones. Not some copy-pasta from USA simply because they do better here ;) )

So I played with VileGar with 1 Cursegar, 1 Poltergeistgar and 1 Gengar from DP1. Also I have 2 Dusknoirs in my deck and Shedinja/Mr. Mimes so after I attack with cursegar/Gengar from DP1 I can switch on something unkillable by opponent.

Round 1st vs Schen (SP Deck)
Biggest surprise was reaction of the crowd. And I knew it would be hard. He started off with Dialga G and Luxray G on his bench. Played Cyrrus and took another Cyrrus, L energy and E Gain if I recall. Well I was getting nervous. He level upped Dialga G at his second turn. It turned out to be a horribly hard match for me. No trainer lock. No poke-bodies protecting my pokemons after I swtich with Gengar's "Shadow Skip". I atached Expert belt to my gastley and evolved it quickly into Cursegar. I managed to do some mambo-jumbo with my powers so eventually he used both his power sprays and I was able to kill off his Dialga G lvl X. After that it was pretty much over. Long and best match of all.

3-0

2nd round vs "Heracross" who played classic DonChamp.

I allowed him to draw 2 prizes for KOing my spiritombs. After that I pretty much pwned him badly. Not much to mention he had weakness and his Donphans were 2 hits to KO. Also he didnt have any countermeasure vs my Shedinja (the one with Poke-Body).

6-0
And there I was thinking "Top8 is closer". Yeah my deck wasn't thinking the same.

I dont want to dwell on next 2 rounds. In both cases I havn't drawn any collector/call energy/bebe which I have totally 9 in my deck, for about 3 turns after that both opponents finished me off. Also no spiritomb to begin the game with. Simple bad luck that doesn't usually happen. I was kinda sad because with 4-2 i had little chances of getting into top8.

Round 5 vs some_guy_whose_nickname_could_be_considered_offensive
He played on some wicked deck with Meganiums from HGSS. Too bad he deployed full bench before he realised I have dusknoirs in my deck. I shuffled his meganiums/claydolls back into his deck so he didnt have any energies in play. After that I finished him off with Cursegar with Exp belt.

Round 6 vs Major
He played another Rogue deck. As I said they are quite popular here. He was young but he was good player. The only problem is he set up 4 pokemon into play and each of them had poke-power/body. His main attacker was Steel empoleon. I glimpsed Garchomp C in his hand when he used Roseanne's Research but other than that I have no idea what he played with. His deck was totally countered by Shedinja and I was hitting hard yet again with Belted Cursegar.

So there I was with 4-2 in matches and 12 points.
That left me on 13 place of 46. Not bad, but I hoped to get much better place. I usually win tournaments in Cracow and hoped for at least top8. Two other players from Cracow however managed to get into top8. They've been placed 7th and 8th.

It was a surprise but Machamp SF player did amazingly well. Many decks were sableye/reshi/zekrom based and well Take Out was doing great job.

There were 2 Sableye Donk decks in this tournaments. Both ended up with 3-3 stats so NOT amusing. And we have PokeDexes Handy in out format.

Top 4 players:
1. Konsko (Warsaw) with Gardevoir Plox.
2. Barti (Katowice) with Gyaradoses [I lost one of those 2 rounds to him]
3. Stas [the only Female player on our "nationals"] (Gdynia) with Tyranitars Prime
4. Adrian (near Katowice) with Donphans prime [not any variations just Donphans with a tech against umbreons UD]

Katowice are in the Silesia region, Gdynia is near Baltic sea. That's if you are interested. If any of you WOULD be ever interested in visiting our tournaments we'll be more than happy to welcome you but be prepared for DP-on ;). Write me an e-mail if you with to get more details.

Welcome Poland players.
DP-on? with Black and White rules? I don't think many Europeans would look forward to play such format.

How are you getting cards? I mean if some company distributes them there should be an option to run official OP.

Any news on the France Nationals?? i think i read that their format was MD-BW with the BW rules.

Well the companies are basically ordering them from USA. They must make a profit since they keep ordering more.

The real problem is NO. There is no way of getting any league here. We tried contacting Nintendo, our official distributor (Who actually released Polish version of only one set. Diamond & Pearl.) and nope. No positive responce. We've made several attempts for over 5 years now I think maybe more and still same result.

You say that DP-on with BW rules is wicked? Well truth be told I havn't got donked even once. I might have lost in 3rd turn twice as I wrote in my report but it was due to lack of proper basics/supporters to set up. You would be surprised how many countermeasures there are in DP-on versus any of global meta decks ;).

Well as I said many of us have been coming here for a long time but now we decided to reveal that we are there and we are kinda alone. I have no doubt we would change format if there was any reason like LEAGUE, but right now? Right now we're being abandoned.

You may think DP-on is weird. Well if we tried to enforce any other format at least in Cracow it'd probably make some of us quit and in Cracow there is only like 30 players and maybe 16 of them coming to tournaments each week [they do rotate tho]. We plan on making 1 tournament in HGSS-on each month but so far not many people interested in. Like 8 maybe.

Nintendo doesn't actually run Pokemon internationally. Try contacting TPCi instead. They've got a new Support site, http://support.pokemon.com. See what happens. Get as many ppl as you can to go there as well. The more you can get asking, the more likely something fun happens.

I never said Dp-on is weird or wicked, I said many people would not enjoy it.
I have seen some of those cards way to long and it gets boring, I can't speak for others but I know so many people in Europe want to see other/newer cards to be used.

Nintendo is not the company you need to contact.
It's the Pokemon Company International (TPCi) you need to talk to.
I find it hard to believe your distributor got a contract in the past to translate cards and does not have Organized Play.

Dzień dobry! Sadly my knowledge of the Polish language is very small now, but welcome. :D I hope you guys end up with organized play. :) It's such a shame that players like you are left out in the cold, but I have a feeling you'll get P!P there soon enough. By any chance could you tell me what set of DP was printed in Polish? I'd love to try and get my hands on a few of the cards or even a complete set since I'm a quarter Polish. :)

@bullados

Thanks for the link. I have already distributed it on Polish board we shall see what we can do :)

@Rainbowgym

Well bright side is as I said we LOVE to be original in Poland. There are not many ripoffs from winning decklists from other countries and at our nationals (let's just call it OTP) there were like 2 LuxChomps?
Not more for sure. So you actually could see many different (but still old) cards being used and you would find a lot of surprises ;)

@Silph_Co
Well Polish set is "Diament i Perła" wchich is DP1. Seriously. Now go figure why we play in DP-on. We got a lot of kid players who just started to play due to Polish cards. We rotate now, we lose them.

And you can find them on the internet I think. They could be bought for less than 5zł which is like 2$ per booster.. Also I could probably find you some polish cards, but just as I said write me a PM or E-mail to contact ;)

edit: I obviously meant you can buy cards for 2$ not kid players.

Thank you all for your support and attention.

Last edited:
In Germany Tobias is in top 4 (it's the only player left I know)

Top 4 masters

Sebastian Grüwel vs.
Tobias Thesing

Sandro Althaus vs.
Rudolf Hoffmann

Hi!
I'm from the Polish How Qzin. And just as I was at this tournament and I was 35th Good example would be if Nintendo is interested in our turniejai (in Poland). And for that matter, that we do not have a sponsor such as Nintendo and it is difficult for us to spread all over Poland. As we have more sponsor (with an emphasis on LARGER) is that we can have a bigger, more frequent tournaments in Poland. It's enough.

Greets all Maresca.

Tobias and Rudolf are in T2 afaik.
I've lost to Tobias in T16. Machamp/Vileplume still is super awesome but wasn't able to overcome Tobias' Blissey PT/Magnezone Lv X (on Magnezone Prime)/Steelix Prime/Magnezone SF wall!

See ya at Worlds!
Posted with Mobile style...

Back