3 pokemon team for EX event.

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Flea, Aug 15, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Flea

Flea New Member

Here are 2 of my 3 pokemon for the EX Event. Are they capable of winning? What items should I use on them before I enter. and what should my 3rd Pokemon be?

Sceptile - L50

HP- 149/149
    Attack- 104
    Defese- 87
    Sp. Atk- 127
    Sp. Def- 107
    Speed- 131

Quick Attack 30pp
    Leaf Blade 15pp
    Dragonbreath 20pp
    Crunch 15pp

--------------------

Gardevoir - L50

HP- 142/142
    Attack- 91
    Defese- 84
    Sp. Atk- 132
    Sp. Def- 139
    Speed- 109

Future Sight 15pp
    Psychic 10pp
    Confusion 25pp
    Shadow Ball 15pp

Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  2. Tego

Tego New Member

On Sceptile, drop Quick Attack for Earthquake. Quick Attack sounds useful, but in praxis, it's way too weak. Earthquake is a fantastic move, and great VS Lighting and Fire, which your Sceptile should have problems against usually.

Gardevoir doesn't need Confusion with two other Psychic moves. Drop it for Rest, and give it Chesto berry.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

i would drop Confusion and Shadow Ball. Maybe try Calm Mind and Chesto-Rest. Shadow Ball on Gardevoir is just not right, its At doesnt come close to supporting it. Calm Mind can make its SP stats insanely high, and Future Sight can take out Dark types, or others with resistance to Psychic.

As far as Sceptile, lose quick attack. Earth Quake is good, you may also think of using Dragon Claw over Breath, unles you want to cause Paralysis...

4. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Honestly, I'd say drop Sceptile completely, it's just not good, it's got bad staying power and a bad movepool, if you're really set on using it, I'd say go with this set:

Sceptile@Focus Band
    - Leaf Blade/Giga Drain
    - Crunch/Toxic
    - Dragon Claw
    - Leech Seed

Preferably with a modest nature.

With Gardevoir, Confusion is just horribly weak, Future Sight is just plain bad, and Gardevoir's attack is reaaaaaally low, so Shadow Ball will do next to nothing, stick with Special Attacks. Try going with:

Gardevoir@Shell Bell
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Calm Mind
    - Reflect

A couple Calm Minds turn Gardevoir into a really strong sweeper, and Reflect helps to protect it's low defense from physical attackers.

For your 3rd pokémon, I'd seriously suggest going with an ice type, or at least something with a strong Ice Beam, a ton of people are going to be using Latios/Latias, and you're gonna want to metagame against it, also expect Salamence and Flygon to be big, and ice will take all of those guys out easily.

5. invisible

invisible New Member

well, i wouldn't agree completely. i'd say:

gardevoir @ leftovers/shell bell
    psychic
    calm mind
    future sight
    thunderbolt

trust me, future sight it a great attack on gardevoir. with its high sp atk, it might even take out a pokemon. a few calm minds, and it'll be a devastating bonus. and it'll hit dark types as well. meaning, it'll hit full damage, no weakness or resistance.

for a third pokemon, you might want to try a milotic:

milotic
    surf
    ice beam
    recover
    dragonbreath

6. Flea

Flea New Member

I wont be able to get a milotic in time. Ive been trying to get one for a while. But I will change hte moves on my Gardevoir. I am working on getting leftovers now. is the battle tower the only way to get them? I am up to 28 wins in a row.

EDIT: The only pokemon I have with Ice Beam is Snorunt. What other pokemon know it?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2003
  7. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

You can get leftovers in the bottom of the Ferry. There will be 2 sailors running around, and the trash can in the top-right has Leftovers. You can get more at the battle tower.

90% of Water Pokémon can learn Ice Beam (and you can buy it), so just pick any water you like. Milotic is good, but I'd go with Mirror Coat over Dragonbreath.

8. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

It's actually more like 99%, in every pokémon game, every single water pokémon can learn Ice Beam (except for the obvious Magikarp ;x )

9. Tego

Tego New Member

But where can you buy Ice Beam? If it's the Game Corner, I don't have the Coin Case. >.<

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The TM is in the game corner. There is a girl in a house in Mauville nearby that ask for a specific kind of mail from Slate Port, go buy it (like 50 pokebucks) and she will trade case. Then just buy 4000 coins (or win them, I always preffer buying, it is less fun, but less time consuming and overall more effective) or if you really dont want to mess with it, you can buy a Blizzard TM from Lilycove department store. I would hardily suggest Ice Beam though

11. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I agree about the GameCorner bit. It's much easier to go through the Elite4 once or twice (use AmuletCoin to boost your cash, and ExpShare to lv up stuff while you go), then just go shopping in Mauville for IceBeam. I honestly don't know anyone who seriously does the gambling thing for coins. It's pointless.

12. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

This what tou should put on Gardavoir

Calm Mind
    Thunde Bolt
    Pcycic
    Shadowball

13. invisible

invisible New Member

um, we're done with this argument, and that moveset just doesn't cut it. shadow ball, out.

14. Flea

Flea New Member

Would it be good to replace shadow ball with thunderbolt?

15. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Yah that would be a good idea, which R/S challenge r u goin to??