3-way games

Discussion in 'Trading Figure Game' started by NMcCoy, May 2, 2008.

1. NMcCoy

NMcCoy New Member

I made a 3-player board for family games (and I'm working on a 4-player board). Thought I'd post the results of various experiments for the benefit of the community.

First of all, the board: Take the basic design of the 6v6 board, and add a "third half" so you extend it outward into a hexagonal shape. Then add one more node in the middle, connected to the midpoint of the inner side-paths. I'll post a picture later if this isn't clear. This may undergo more modification as playtesting progresses, as well.

The team colors: We painted six rings with metallic purple nail polish to have a third team color. We've also done a fourth team in gold spraypaint (slightly less resilient than the nail polish, but looks good). Avoid painting the inner edge of the rings. Mask off the arrow before painting.

The rules: To score a surround KO, all surrounding pokemon must be of the same team. The first player to get one of their pokemon into any opponent's goal wins. Wait lasts for 2 turns in a 3-player match. Use Turtwig to determine who goes first.

2. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

This is so cool! have any pic of it?

3. NMcCoy

NMcCoy New Member

Not at the moment, it's at my parents' house. I'll get a picture when I can.