3DS Update: Glitch info with fix.

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Benzo, Mar 26, 2013.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Benzo

Benzo Front Page News Editor<br>Forum Moderator

There was an update for the 3DS just with in the last few days, and supposedly there is a glitch to the eShop part?

EDIT: See post #5!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

What is the issue?

3. Benzo

not sure- people posting on facebook about this glitch. I have yet to fully dig into the info- and I can not find a link that is appropriate to post in here about it yet.

At least making this aware to every one if it is a big issue and how to fix it is all.

still searching- and no, the offical site has no info on it either at this time or at least I can not find it.

4. vaporeon

vaporeon Moderator

I know there was a update for the 3DS today. Maybe it fixed that glitch.

5. Benzo

^Not sure, I was on mine when it decided to auto update, do it's thing, and reset itself. Mine is fine as far as I can tell. I have been on the eShop since the update- nothing wrong at all.

here is the link to a site that has the info, site seems ok as far as being good to link here (although people are allowed to comment and nothing so far is inappropriat (yet)

http://www.destructoid.com/the-3ds-gets-an-update-that-improves-the-eshop-249677.phtml

so, this is how to fix it. Still no source on the offical site- the offical site only has "how to" and no "hard update" optional instructions.

I hope everyone does not get the glitch, if so- here is how to fix it.

Also, with the auto update- I got a Mii pass from Miyamoto in a Luigi out fit. Pretty cool Spotpass!
    Any ways, like I said- hope this is of help to all you 3ds owners and your system is ok.

6. MarxForever

MarxForever New Member

Myamoto was just a Street Pass event to plug Dark Moon. Didn't really have anything to do with the download.
    Though what makes him really awesome is he has every Pink Panel Currently out. So make sure you and your friends choose accordingly.

Wasn't aware of this glitch, thanks for the heads up. Don't think it effected me though.
    The only thing I was aware of were people, who modded their 3DS, complaining about their system getting bricked. Which was totally intentional...

7. Benzo

^ Correct, the Mii pass was not a part of the update, it was worth a mention was all as "bonus meterial" goes for 3DS content/what ever.

8. P_A

P_A Active Member

Yeah, my 3DS had a bit of trouble updating with the eshop, but it finally kicked in, and it looks ok now. Registered a bunch of games on club.nintendo.com as well and got 450 coins. Now I just wish I'd kept all the insert stuff from both Black and Black2.

9. Benzo

^ I am wondering which 3DS you have, the regular one or the Large version?
    I do not know to the extent of this glitch- my regular 3DS was fine with eShop after the update if the glitch is more specific to the 3DSx or the regular one. I am not implying that the glitch is specific to which one, just curious is all.

10. P_A

P_A Active Member

The new Pikachu version 3DS XL. Oh, and now I have 495 coins - without doing any after-use surveys. So maybe I might be able to make it to platinum before I even buy Pokemon XY!