Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3rd Annual FREE Severn, MD, City Championship 01/07/2006

RainbowRichards

Come join us during the next-to-next-to-last Pokemon City Championships weekend of the 2005-2006 season! (since the CC window was extended 'til 22 Jan)

WHEN: Saturday, 7 January, 2006

WHERE: Provinces Library in Severn, MD, 2624 Annapolis Rd., Severn, MD, 21144 (410) 598-8829

WHAT: Registration and deck-checks will begin at 10:00 am, the first round will begin at 11:00!

PRIZES: 1st place winner in each age group (10-, 11 - 14, and 15+) gets 18 boosters of EX: Delta Species, a cool bag full of Pokemon merchandise and a City Championship medal!!!
2nd place finishers take home 10 boosters of EX: Delta Species
3rd and 4th place winners get 4 boosters of EX: Delta Species

Players receive a City Championship-logo Wismur promo, 1 POP Series 2 promo 2-card booster, and a City Championship 2005-2006 pin on a first-come, first-served basis. Supplies are limited!!!

MORE PRIZES: (TBD - but there will definitely be MORE PRIZES!!!)

Every Player that registers will receive a door prize!

These will include -
  • Sets of foil energy (both WotC and EX: Emerald)
  • Event Promos from the past 12 months (includes PRA Lugia, Wizard World promos, etc)
  • Tropical Winds promos - only available @ Worlds 2004!
  • World Championship 2005-logo items
  • and MORE!

For anyone who needs to know:

The Library is located at the intersections of MD175 (Annapolis Highway) and MD 713 (Ridge Road). It is 5 minutes from Arundel Mills Mall. The address of the Library doesn't hit in Mapquest, but I've linked the address above to a page with a small map!

Please LMK if you require ANY further info!!

++++++++++++++++++++

Come meet the 'Gym's own TRJessie579 as HJ, with :confused: as her able assistant!

Please post to LMK if you're coming!

Roll Call (6 potential participants so far):

Benjamin R.
Bradley R.
Superwooper and 3 friends
Scott P.
Corey P.
Megan P.
Daniel R.

PLease print out/fill out a decklist form beforehand if possible - the link to the form is here -> http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/content/events/docs/City_Champs05_DeckForm_2.pdf

(forms will be available on-site)

Last edited:
It's been a month and this thing isn't too far from now. Hopefully the turnout will be higher than in Odenton. o_O;; Looks like the four of us will be coming again. Hope to see all of you there.

RainbowRichards said:
Come meet the 'Gym's own TRJessie579 as HJ, with ???????? as her able assistant!
Is it just me or are me and TRJessie579 getting slapped with HJ positions all of a sudden?

Edit: This is insane.. By public transportation, since no one would be willing to take me to Severn, I would have to take MetroRail Red Line, transfer to Green Line, and then take 3 different transit buses!! And I'd have to leave at 7am. Ehh..good luck HJ, I won't be there. :tongue:

Last edited:
SuperWooper - 4, you say? That should about triple the Odenton attendance o_O!!

pokemonforever - Maybe you can ride with your League members?!? (don't know if they're planning to hit this one, too)

So, the Odenton CC saw pretty dismal attendance :frown:, but the Severn CC has a 53-player rep to live up to!!! The 1st Annual Severn CC was one of the best-attended in the 2003-2004 Season! (last year we got that major snowstorm that nearly cancelled the event)

Let's see some MAJOR attendance again! I will be giving out door prizes to ALL players, over and above the POP-supplied stuff :eek:!!!

As of this posting, the closest CC on that day is in Reading PA - 2-1/2 hours away. Hopefully we'll see lots of players from the South (VA, NC?) and West come out!!

W00t - I'm gettin' pumped!! Putting together the freebies - new stuff, old stuff!!

I've added you guys to the list of players in the 1st post!!!

Well, I know I'm going to be there for sure. The other three have something to do on Sunday that might get pushed to Saturday, but it's probable that they'll be there. Just two more days!

Excellent - I added a link to the decklist form in the 1st post - also I think I'll make one or two sets of Professor Energy to give away. :clap:

TOMORROW IS THE DAY!!!

Thanks for the link to the decklist. We'll try and have it done as the kids now having morning dentist appointments! Only 12 hours to go! :smile:

Team Triple Threat invades! =O

15+
1st: Matt L (Queendom)
2nd: Daniel C (Rock-Lock)

11-14:
1st: Devon C (Dragtrode)
2nd: ? (T2 Feraligatr ex)

10-:
1st: ? (Eeveelutions/Ho-oh ex/Lugia ex ;p)
2nd: Ryan C (Classic Monarchy)

Attendance was 17 or something, so it was Top 2 cuts in all 3 age groups and of course, I get third place. A fun time was had by all, though. Thanks for holding the event, Brian!

That was really fun.
Thanx for all the freebees Brian.
SuperWooper-are you devon or daniel?
I was the kid who played Devon in the finals.

Back