Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3rd place Forth Worth Cities report, undefeated in Swiss.

hitmonchan93

The Fort Worth City Championship was today. I wake up, get my stuff, and head to Fort Worth. It was about an hour drive more or less. I went in playing Medieval. We had 4 rounds and a Top 4 cut.

Round 1
Sean V.(inappropriate last name, srsly)
Dragonite ex and Torterra
I get a Budew start against him. He goes first starts with Dratini and hits me for 10. I draw, Mentor, discard a Mentor, get 2 Ralts and a Stantler. I then Errand Running for a Rare Candy. He goes then gets a Turtwig, benches it, attaches energy to his Dratini, evolves to Dragonair. Wraps, hits heads, and paralyzes Budew. I go Celio's for Gallade, Rare Candy, a Ralts to it, attach DRE then I pass. He goes, evolves to Dragonite ex, and Dragon Roars ko's Budew, and puts 5 to Gallade. Then I bring up Gallade, attach an energy, I then play Team Galactic's Wager and I win it. I get a Candy, Gardy, but decide to save it since he's only played a Roseanne's this whole game. =/. I then Sonic Blade for 100 on Dragonite and bring up Turtwig. Next turn I ko it with Psychic Cut. Then I ran through his only 3 Pokemon. =/
1-0

Round 2
Andy M.(Absol/Lucario)
He's one of the better people in my area. He starts with a mere Sableye as I start with my ideal start, Stantler. I go first and Lead for a Celio's. He then goes, he Dual Balls for a Riolu and then Roseanne's for another one and a Fighting. He starts to Disable me for Lead, trying to slow me down. But my hand was a beast. I mentored for Ralts. I candy to a Gallade attach DRE, I topdecked Gallade . I then pass. He benches a few more Riolu's but little does he know that he doesn't get a Lucario, FOR 6 TURNS. That gives me more than enough time to set up from there and then I take the game. I win on time, then I asked if he wanted to finish the game out, he abided. I then took my last 2 prizes in four turns. So I would've wound up winning that game anyway.
2-0

Round 3
Josh H.(Ramen TRUK)
I've known Josh for a while and he's been improving a great deal. I go first, and then I get a Budew start. I Errand Running for a Rare Candy then I say go. He has a Riolu active, a Riolu and a Chansey benched. I was like "Oh God! He has Pluspower, I know it." It ends up he doesn't and sacks a heads for Wild Kick. I then go and Mentor ftw! Get Ralts' and a Stantler. I then drop Candy Gallade DRE, and then Errand Running for a last time for another Candy. He goes and and evolves to Blissey on the bench. Attaches an energy to Blissey, retreats Riolu to put a Fighting in the discard and to seal the ko on Budew. He then Happy Chances for 40. I bring Gallade up with DRE and draw I Celio's for a Gardevoir Candy Ralts to it. Telepass a TV Reporter he had used and I get 3 energy 2 Psychic and a Fighting. That's just what I needed. I discard a Wager attach a Psychic and Sonic Blade Blissey(YESSSSSSSS!!!!) and then he brings up Riolu. He goes evolves to Lucario and Feints. I go and then Telepass and all that then I Psychic Cut Lucario for 90 ko. He brings up Blissey and after that he ran out of gas. Tries to SSU his only Pokemon(Blissey) and then I take the game.
3-0

Round 4
Demetre F.(Gardylade/Donphan)
He's also one of the better people in my area. I go first with a Stantler start, attach to Stantler and Lead for a Celio's. He goes with Ralts and then he uses Tackle or whatever for 10. I go Mentor for 2 Ralts and a Squirtle. Bench the Ralts' and Squirtle attach to a Ralts and I then Lead for a last time for a Professor Oak's Visit. He goes evolves to Kirlia and Psychic Research's a Phanpy to his hand. I then go candy Gallade Oak's Visit I hit DRE bring up Gallade active attach DRE and Psychic Cut for 130 and the donk!
4-0

Here's how the standings look:
1st Cameron H. (me) Medieval
2nd Josh H. (Ramen TRUK)
3rd Andy M. (Absol/Lucario)
4th Demetre F. (Gardylade/Donphan)

Top Cut
Semifinals
Game 1:Demetre F.(Gardylade/Donphan)
I get a spudding Squirtle start?! Wts?! He gets turn two Donphan and the game doesn't go too well due to my start. I candy Blastoise t4 and have Gallade active Psychic Cutting and he then brings up Gardy. Says Psychic Lock ftko. I have 50 on me I then say, "I have Shield Veil on, no weakness, sry." He then points out he has Battle Frontier on the field. And even worse I had 2 Windstorms in hand before the attack. jjahga;lgkjahgha;lkjdglalgksajglhasglk;jsg;lja;fgjsldkjgkjhas.
L
Game 2:
I think, "Ok everything's going to be fine it was just a bad start that first game I got this." I draw my hand to only find a Squirtle start, again?! What's going on here, lol?! This game I got total spud, there was no game really. He wiped me on the floor. :p
L

Uggh. At least I got packs, and I was 4-1 for the day. My points did take a boost at least. Then I just hang around for a while longer to find that Josh wins! Good for him, he hasn't won anything before so kudos to him.
Well at least I got an Electrode, Reverse Dark Energy, Pluspower, and an Oak's Visit. lol

Props:
My PTO for lending me the cards I needed before hand. Especially TSD that helped alot.
Me going undefeated in swiss.
Josh winning his first Premier Event.
Me going 4-1.
Point boost for today.
Doing good with a deck I haven't tested before hand, period. lol
Adding something to Team M's record.
Spud from Anthoy chats.

Slops:
Misplays.
Donphan, God!
Dale's dice bag.
Squirtle, why'd you do that. I didn't need you then!

Last edited:
Nice job man, I feel bad for you that you beat the donphan/gardy deck in swiss but not in semifinals. but nice job nontheless

I then Sonic Blade for 100 on Dragonite and bring up Turtwig. Next turn I ko it with Psychic Cut. Then I ran through his only 3 Pokemon. =/

Sounds like you had fun, but a question.

Why didn't your opponent finish off your Gallade with Dragon Roar after you knocked out the twig?

Back