3rd Place NJ Regionals in Seniors. Life Alert, Quit Life, Crazy Car Ride and MORE

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by RAGECANDYBAR, Apr 14, 2008.

1. RAGECANDYBAR

RAGECANDYBAR New Member

So Friday after school I go to test with Chris (EspeonChris14), Peter (Blastoise Shellshocker), Dan (Twinkle), Edwin (think he's banned on the gym lol), and Alex and his dad (Pikachual). I was working on my Magmortar/Togekiss deck. I quickly concluded it's horrible, and Dan and Edwin convince me to play Banette.

Saturday I wake up at like 6:45, shower, get everything ready, and pickup Aziz, Chris, Peter and Edwin. We're in a 5 person car (including driver) so we have to squeeze 4 of us in the back :p. It's kinda allegal so I'm like worried. Aziz tells the funniest summary of Prom Night and we're all loling. So after an uncomfortable car ride we get there, I sign up, turn in my decklist, and decide to have my deck checked because I forgot to put a card on it at states lol. They have cards for sale and I buy 3 RH GE Rare Candy for $1.50 each. I finally meet AnimeDDR (he's kinda annoying on the gym). I hang with Sam G (O-ren-itachi) and others and wait for them to start. I see my round one opponent and lol....

Round 1 Vs. Mike R. (AnimeDDR) w/ GAG
    So I go first ascension to banette. He has a lone ralts and wagers me. I win the wager and get good stuff. He gets no other basics and confuses me. I evolve claydol, quick ball a banette, evolve a benched shuppet, warp point Ghost Head gg. DoNkEd!!!
    1-0 Donk #1

Round 2 Vs. Sam G (O-ren-itachi) w/ Magmortar/Banette
    I go first ascension and pass. He does the same. I attach and do 40, so does he. I KO his Banette, he KOs mine. We basically trade off banettes until he runs out. his 3 magmortars are prized so I kill the magmars. Sorry man.
    2-0

Round 3 Vs. Nick C. w/ GAG
    I go first and ascension to banette. He goes with a lone ralts and uses POV to try to get basics but nothing, so he confuses me. I go and flip heads. DoNkEd
    3-0 Donk #2

Round 4. Vs. IDK w/ GAG
    I lost my dice and he's like "oh, you can get a game loss." So i could tell he would be calling over judges often to try to get a cheap way out. We both setup but mine is better and I win.
    4-0

Round 5 Vs. Mike D. w/ Magdol
    He has a horrible hand and i take a quick lead. He eventually scrambles a magmortar and it goes down hill from there. I couldn't draw nm or banette and had 2 shuppets prized. GG
    4-1

Round 6 Vs. Zach w/ GAG
    We both have decent setups but mine is better and I win.
    5-1

So I'm second seed to a top 8.

Top 8 Vs. Mitchell Woo (lol fun to say his name) w/ GAG
    Game 1: We both setup and i win.
    Game 2: close match but he wins.
    Game 3: I mulligan twice (helped a lot) with 2 baltoy. I'm like ugh why so bad. I Attach and since i mulliganed i use psychic balance for like 3-4 cards. He has a lone ralts, attaches and confuses me. My go, I evolve to claydol, multi energy, Strength charm, pluspower GG! UBER DoNkEd!!
    6-1 Donk #3

Top 4 Vs. Dylan w/ Magdol
    Game 1: Close the entire game down to 1-1. I have the game but missplay and snet out banette when i was gonna warp point, out a tauros or claydol. Ugh
    Game 2: Bad start i lose.
    6-2

So I got 3rd and im like super happy. Get a box and pull 2 claydol, a pachi (i have 10 now lol) cresselia lv. x, 4 candy.... I take apart my banette deck while i wait for chris to finish. I Built GAG (haha lol) and I use it for a while. We get in the car and start driving and we have 4 people in the back. 1st a police car goes by and were like holy crap. Then theres a police car that has it sirens on and flashing lights come behind us and we're like HOLY $*@!. But the cop just wanted to get by us and stops someone else for speeding. >.>:redface:. We go through the toll and hide aziz under a jacket lol. We get out and he's like "I like getting smuggled" lol.

Great Quotes: "You got milkyway on my phone"
    "My milkway got squished"

Props:
    3rd
    Aziz, chris peter, edwin, DAN, others
    Chris top 8
    Mike D for getting 2nd
    Dylan for winning
    good box
    selling $100 worth of old ex's
    funny stuff

Slops:
    My missplay top 4
    Chris getting stalled out of top 8

Thanks for reading

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Hey Jarrett, good job on 3rd. Nice job, and thanks for the deck help.

3. dtrain

dtrain New Member

Congrats but come on "others" thats what I am in your props. =/