Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3rd place Scotch PLains report

BloodDraek

ok so I was thinkin about playing either Magmortar or G&G and since there were 3 empoleons roaming I went with G&G

5 rounds
Top cut to 4

So I show up with my stuffed animal mr. Elephant on my Regionals hat. People would ask "what is that" pointing to Mr. Elephant and I would reply "Your Mom".

R1 against FJ with fossils

he gets minun start with crap and I get set-up too fast for him to comeback.

1-0

R2 against Jason Jenkins (J2) with EV

He gets T2 Glaceon but my set-up with like T4 Gallade Gardy was like a smack to the face on his part. 3 Eevees prized din't help

2-0

R3 against Sam Glasset (I'm Paired down) with Infercatty(MD ape)

He gets set-up pretty quickly but I got gallades and Gardys set-up like crazy so I sweeped his apes.

3-0

R4 against Zachery Asklof with G&G

He gets baltoy start with a windstorm,Gardy, and 4 energy. With a start that bad you can expect what would happen.

4-0

R5 against Mike Natto (M4) with SpeedDrill

So I pretty much psy lock him by turn 4 and keep it there. But somehow he gets a crap load of BeeDrill and dark palms my bench. I would have won if he didn't have the Warp Point but he did, so I couldn't bring down for the game.1

4-1

Top 4

1 M4 with SpeeDrill
2 Me with G&G
3 Zachery Asklof with G&G
4 Alex Maiman with EmpoStar

Top 4 Round 1 against Zach

Game 1
He gets decent start to my kind of terrible start. In the end it came down to like 1 or 2 prizes but the terrible start killed me

0-1

There is only like 22 minutes left so if I don't T2 him with Gallade I lose.

Game 2

I get terrible start again and he just took me down.

0-2

3rd

props

Mr. Elephant
The judges
M4 for the great 5th round match and Zach for the great Top 4 match
Alex and Zach for making Top2
PLox

slops

the HEAT
crappy starting hands in Top 4
no packs for 3rd

oh well

THanx for reading

nice article I will post mine later gj in top 4 it sucks that we both didnt win but darn alexs omastars see u at time warp

Natto

Back