4th Place Elyria CC 15+

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by secretsof2113, Dec 1, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Elyria Ohio.

After having a not so impressive season last year, I felt that I needed to start doing a bit better. After all, last year was pretty much spent getting my feet wet and getting used to the competitive game. I had been running Kingdra Swarm in the battle roads at the beginning of the season, and that deck yielded 2nd place to me at 2 of them. I was going to continue on with that deck, and decided to change things around to Dragonite/Ampharos. I'd built the deck on Thursday and tested it at league, and oddly enough, it ran pretty well, so I thought I'd give it a shot today.

Round 1 Vs. Gatr MT/Delcatty/Magneton:

I started with an Absol and Dratini. My opponent could only hit me with bite, and did that for 7 turns. By then, I had my first Dragonite completely ready to go, and since he had no hand, tore through everything on his bench.

1-0

Round 2 Vs. Blissvire:

This game started out well, but After getting a Dragonite powered with three energies, I was unable to draw into any more supporters, and lost because of that.

1-1

Round 3 Vs. Gatr MT/Delcatty/Magneton:

Another one of these, but against the 2007 National Champion at that. He couldn't set up, and I was able to blow through everything.

2-1

Round 4 Vs. a random colorless/lightning deck:

I started out with a mareep, and was able to get a dragonite set up on the bench. I switched out and started to deafen. Dragon roar became disabled, so I deafened to get out of that. He finally decided to hit Dragonite with scratch, so I started to dragon roar and tore through the bench.

3-1

My boyfriend and I were very close in our matchups, and we knew that one of us was going to make top cut. My tiebreakers managed to be just high enough and I kinda edged him out.

TOP CUT:

Round 1 Vs Blisscario:

Absol start. Turn 1 Wild kick success, and t2 lucario donk. No basics.

3-2

Round 2. I could not get set up for the life of me, and ended up losing due to lack of draw.

3-3

So overall, I came in 4th. Not too bad for my first cities of the season. seeing that I didn't even get that far last year.

Props:

-Doing better at my first cities of the season than did last year.
    -Beating the National Champion (revenge for knocking me out of my only cities top cut last year)
    -Getting Honchkrow Lv. X out of my packs.
    -Proud representation of team 330.
    -Quaker Steak and Lube after the tourney.

Slops:

-Donking my boyfriend out of top cut.
    -Losing in top cut.
    -Getting lost on the campus on the way to the car.
    -Icy roads on the way back.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

Congrats Heather! I ran a Dragonite/Ampharos today as well in Dayton but not with you success.

3. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Heather, if you want....I can take a look at it for you if you guys come to Mansfield. I also managed to snag you 3 more Sharpedos if you wanted to pick up the rest of them from me.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Congrats on making the Top 4, Heather. It was nice seeing Draggy Ex out in play, instead of another stale Blissey deck (They're everywhere around NE Ohio!)

5. Kemony

Kemony New Member

Hey! Hey! Hey! Do not bash Blissey decks! :nonono: Good game Heather, sorry it was in my favor. That energy thing would have change the game state for sure. Better luck next time, and good luck today! Also Honchkrow X for trade? :tongue: let me know on IM.