Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

7 (!) Virginia Battle Roads this Spring!

totoro

Whether you want to test your Nats deck idea, work on your points, or just come play and have some awesome fun, we want YOU to attend Virginia’s battle roads this spring. Marthe, Tim, and I are THRILLED that we can offer you 7 events, none of which overlap!! So, if you can travel a bit, you can hit all seven and not leave VA!!
Here is the calendar:

May 18 Fairfax Kickoff
Hobby Works
9650 Main St.
Fairfax, 22031
Please use the online form to preregister. Preregistration opens Thursday, May 2 at 3:00 PM and closes Friday, May 17 at 9:01 PM.

May 19 Harrisonburg
Comic Toast
2211 S. Main St.
Harrisonburg, 22801
Registration 12:00 PM-12:30 PM
Preregister by shooting an email to [email protected]

June 1 Midlothian Tim's running this one! :thumb:
Richmond Comix
14249 Midlothian Turnpike
Midlothian, 23113
Please use the online form to preregister. Preregistration opens Thursday, May 17 at 12:01 AM.

June 2 Fincastle Marthe's running this one! :thumb:
Fincastle Library Meeting Room
10 Academy Street
Fincastle, 24090
Registration 12:00 PM-1:00 PM

June 8 Richmond
Collector's Heaven
6112 Lakeside Avenue
Richmond, 23228
Please call the store to preregister at (804) 673-1127 Tues-Sun

June 9 Warrenton
Hobbies, Etc.
251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699
Warrenton, 20186
Registration 11:00 AM-11:30 Am

June 15 Virginia Beach
Hobbytown, USA
4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, #196
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(maybe hit the oceanfront afterwards?? :cool:)

Decklist up and available at: http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/cms/pdf/op/tcg_champ_series/2013/battle_road_spr_decklist.pdf

We look forward to seeing you at these great events!

Last edited:
For your planning for Fairfax BR, Hobby Works is next to the Cinema Arts movie theater that it is playing the new Star Trek: Into Darkness. Come for the Battle Road, then catch the movie. Sounds like a great Saturday! :cool:

Also - quick correction on Fincastle. The Fincastle event is in the Fincastle Library Meeting room (address is correct). This venue is bigger, well lit, and has more than one restroom -for anyone who's traveled to Fincastle events before!

Hope to see lots of folks there!

I'll add that to the Virginia Pokemon announcement when it comes time to post the weekend events when Fincastle is taking place. :thumb:

Thank you to everyone who came today for Fairfax Spring BR! We had a lot of regular league players for whom this would be their first premier event as well as quite a few re-occurring players. To the regulars, thank you for making it a great experience for them :cool:

PROPS to Tim who continues to just tinker away at the VirginiaPokemon website. (when is someone going to just buy the URL "VirginiaPokemon.com"??

Anyway, that site is really coming along nicely.

(when is someone going to just buy the URL "VirginiaPokemon.com"??

The thought has crossed my mind; however, Timothy is doing such a great job with the google web tools that I'm hesitant to ask him to start from scratch with a new host provider.

Can't wait to see everyone in Midlothian today! Looking forward to another awesome Virginia event with some of the coolest staff and players in the world! :D

The thought has crossed my mind; however, Timothy is doing such a great job with the google web tools that I'm hesitant to ask him to start from scratch with a new host provider.

URL redirect = nothing needs to be done other than assign the URL to the existing website.

THANK YOU TIM!

I finally got to play!

BIG TURN OUT and it was great to return to Richmond Comix after YEARS...

Going 3-2 is better than I expected after not having played in a tourney for a year.

Midlo Spring BR = SO GOOD.

I was happy as a Staffer for having only 1 penalty. Bonus points since it was my co-staffer who wrote it

Fincastle Battle Road was a success yesterday. Only 21 players, but all three age divisions had 6 or more players! It went too fast, it seems, but we all had a lot of fun.

We'll aim to give away those cool door prizes at Autumn Battle Roads, so stay tuned.

Everyone should try running a couple of events... You'll appreciate how we'll D.Tuskey does these things.
Got to play again. Look forward to putting the judge coat back on ( I can't flip tails if I'm the judge :p )

Big fun today. Thank you Tim and Zach for a job well done.

Thanks, R_A! :thumb: We had 69(!) yesterday in Richmond! 2 BR in VA are left.. Warrenton today and VA Beach next Sat.

Back