A complaceted question about when time is called.

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Skitty, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Skitty

Skitty New Member

This will probably never happen, but there is a chance so I'll ask it anyway.
    What happens if time is called and both players have the same number of prizes? Both players then play untill someone draws a prize right? What happenes if no-one can ever draw a prize? Here is an example:

Both players have only a Metagross ex (PK) in play, and no energy. The turn player has 5 usless cards in there hand and no cards in there deck. The other player has 4 usless cards in there deck and 1 card in there hand. The turn player uses Metagross ex's Poke-power to shuffle both players hands into there deck and draw 4 cards. They then end there turn. The next player then draws there last card from there deck. The only way they can survive deckout is the use Metagross ex's abillity to shuffle and draw 4 cards. After that, the person who doesn't use the power on there turn will lose from decking out. Obviusly nether player wants to loose so each player will use the power every turn. No-one will ever draw there last prize.

What would happen? This is a complacated example but I'm sure there are other ways for the game to "never end". As unlikely as it is this might happen some day. So my question is: what happens if a game can never end?

2. Big Daddy Snorlax

Big Daddy Snorlax Administrator

This question comes up every once in a while, but as you say, it's a real stretch to think it will happen. If you want to do some research in this forum I'm sure you can find out how those were answered.

BDS