Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A compliment to Magortar?

mca3

I added the thread earlier about adding Lucario, but that look like it might not help, so what would be a comliment to Magoratar lv. x deck? What other energy type pokemon could I add and how many of each? I am trying to get a good addition to Magmortar, please help me out. Thanks!!!

Magmortar is like a new blissey. It's a big, beefy stage 1 that does smaller damage, but effective and efficient damage.

20 per energy is decent, but when combined with its body and second attack that snipes... you start to see how good it gets. His body being able to heal off damage every turn, and then evolve into a lvlX to burn and snipe is incredible. All for a stage 1.

Magmortar and Blissey are two good attackers dependent on Energy. Either of the Firestarter Pokémon, Typhlosion or Blaziken, are useful to search out more Fire Energy for your Benched Pokémon.

The best is thiplosion MT with magmortar sw and the lv x. With thiplosion uses firestarter to charge magmortar and heals him every turn (use tv reporter o delcatty for discard energy) attacks with fire bazooka until he has ready for the 100 snipe attack for the lv x. If you have a lot of energy in magmortar use the first attack of he to a massive damage and repeat the cucle again. potions help in magmortar heal and he become a tough pkmn to beat because the constant heal.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

PD: cicle, not cucle, sorry for that

Last edited:
Here's a question. If Typhlosion/Magmortar/Delcatty works. Why doesn't Typhlosion/Blissey/Delcatty work just as well? Blissey can only bring back one energy a turn. Throw in Typhlosion bringing back 1-2 extra energy and attaching them to a benched Blissey and you could easily power 2 Blisseys very quickly.

Magmortar is a much more efficient attacker than Blissey - adds 20 damage per energy attachment (adds 60 with a scramble). Magmortar has a good Lv X and has 2 attacks (one that can snipe the bench).

What I wonder is why more Typhlosion/Magmortar/Delcatty decks don't tech in a 1-1 Manectric (MT). Lighting Twister can use all that Fire Energy too for nasty punishment against most Water decks that hit Mags/Typh weakness. Further a single Scramble will enable Chain Lighting which can be devastating to many mono-water decks.

Prime, I think that Bliss/Typh/Catty would work ... but Typh and Catty sort of duplicate what Bliss already does by itself. It's a lot of resources to put into a deck just to do stuff slightly better/faster. I also think that Bliss is getting eaten alive with fighting now but with this setup you could still take good advantage of Holon FF. Maybe worth a try. And to echo, Magmortar has two good attacks and does more for the energy.

What I wonder is why more Typhlosion/Magmortar/Delcatty decks don't tech in a 1-1 Manectric (MT). Lighting Twister can use all that Fire Energy too for nasty punishment against most Water decks that hit Mags/Typh weakness. Further a single Scramble will enable Chain Lighting which can be devastating to many mono-water decks.

Never really thought about that, I will tech it in and see what happens. Thanks.

I tried to run a 1-1 Manectric tech in my Magmortar deck with okay results. The 1 extra basic threw off my percentages for the Magmar start. But, it did help against Feraligatr decks, because it allowed me to OHKO gatrs and Croc's for 1 less energy. Chain Lightning is really quite useless, since you attach the scramble and kill one pokemon and that scramble is dead on it. Much more efficient to use it for Magmortar I found than Manectric. The free retreat came in handy as well.

I thought of blissey and magmotar before, but isn't magmotor's attack too costly? For example, its second attack, magmotor needs 3 energies attached to it, then you won't have chance to attach to blissey afterwards..Magmotar's first attack needs 3 to 4energies to deal a decent damage, leaving blissey energyless..Can someone explain to me? thanks

I don't like straight up Bliss / Mags, I had issues with getting enough energy attached to stuff ... but I might work with Typhlosion. IDK.

The best is thiplosion MT with magmortar sw and the lv x. With thiplosion uses firestarter to charge magmortar and heals him every turn (use tv reporter o delcatty for discard energy) attacks with fire bazooka until he has ready for the 100 snipe attack for the lv x. If you have a lot of energy in magmortar use the first attack of he to a massive damage and repeat the cucle again. potions help in magmortar heal and he become a tough pkmn to beat because the constant heal.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

PD: cicle, not cucle, sorry for that

Who says you can do that?
You only heal when you attach from your hand.
A straight magmortar is preferred, imo. Wait until claydol comes out.

Back