Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A debilitating Unlimited combo

dkates

Has anyone ever tried a strategy like this? Dark Vileplume (or Slowking) plus Fossil Aerodactyl plus (whatever powerful Basics)? It would take more than a little effort and luck, and Pichu would be a major danger, but it would limit your opponent to Basics and Energy. Of course, using Dark Vileplume means you are, too, but you would have your deck built for that.

I've never tried it, but I believe I've seen it. It looks like it would be good, but remember- Unlimited is mainly Basic Pokemon and Trainers. Yes, the Trainers are stopped, but Basics are still here, and Cleffa is everywhere, so Cleffa could act as your hand-changing. But, you should try it. Given the right mechanics, it could be nice. :)

A good idea in theory, I have seen it used. (somewhat efficiently, but that was in a much older "Unlimited", lessc cards) But the only problem is that Vileplume is an Evolution, and Aerodactyl's Basic form is a trainer. You have to time it JUST right, and because of that, more than a little luck is involved in pulling everything off. And in unlimited, if you're not running slowking, you're running Pichu. Thus, there's no efficient way to heal all those powers.

If you can make such a thing work, and WELL, you've done something fairly incredible. ;) (I'd most certainly LOVE to see a deck like this that works properly, and covers its weaknesses fairly well)

Last edited:
Anything with Dark Vileplume makes for a worthwhile combo, IMO.

You could couple Hypno with DV and confuse yourself, letting you play trainers, then use Full Heal (or Full Heal Energy) to "revive" Dark Vileplume.

You mean Rocket Drowzee? BTW, that's Sleep. Dark Gloom is Confusion. BTW, I posted a preliminary version of a deck based on this idea in the deck forum.

Last edited:
I liked Dark 'Plume with Dark Vaporeon.
Trainer disruption along with energy disruption.
It was legal in Modified at the time

thats a terrible strategy, why a dark vileplume ah,the pokemon dark has low hit points,and you can't used any more slowking cause he have a pokemon power mind games and that is like cheats.......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

how about this.

Have Mysterous fossel out or the underground fossel thing out whatever.
Ericas dratini active for stall.

have a rockets mine field out.

evolve mareep into dark ampridos
evolve odish into dark vile plum
evolve pineco into fortress
evolve diglett into dark dugtrio
play airodactal.

there. you play a pokemon, take dammage.
you play engery, take dammage.
you retreat you take dammage and whoever comes up takes dammage.
you could stall for 4 turns with ericas dragonare and attack with it at the same time, evolve it and take away just to be anowing.

I dont know... may not be worth the effort as igglybuff would hinder this deck.. but whatever.

That's going a little overboard -- you're talking Dark Vileplume, Aerodactyl, plus another Stage 2 line and 3 Stage 1's. That's probably at least 26 Pokemon, and you'd need some (mostly deck-search) Trainers to get the combo going. Not to mention complicating the already delicate timing.

Maverick Hunter Zero said:
... and Aerodactyl's Basic form is a trainer ...

Yes that's true but there's buried fossil as well (also if you put fossil eggs you'll have a better chance of pulling out the aero before evovling d.vileplum )

Aerodactyl has to actually come out after Dark Vileplume, or Dark Vileplume can't come out. However, whatever Trainer is going to be used has to be played before Dark Vileplume comes out. Basically, you have to use Mysterious or Buried Fossil. Since Buried Fossil's Power would not help in the quest to bring out Aerodactyl, Mysterious Fossil is the best play.

Last edited:
Back