Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A fun favorite of mine that....OMG uses EX's!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeric

Pokemon: 13
4 Crawdaunt EX
4 Corphish
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
1 Plusle

Trainers: 32
4 Quick Ball
4 Pokedex HANDY910is
4 PlusPower
4 TGM
3 TGW
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Night Maintenance
2 Lake Boundary
2 Bebe's Search
2 Warp Point
1 Scott

Energy: 15
5 Water
4 Boost
4 Cyclone
2 Multi

Strategy: It's a T2 Crawduant, just a deck I like to use for fun :smile:. Anyways, what you want to do is get a Crawduant out T2 (duh) and wreck your opponent with Boost, PlusPower ect. Then, a personal favorite of mine, use T1 Cyclones and Warp Points to mess up your opponents set-up, or use them a little later to send back big hitters and slash them back. Mars and Wagers are for after a Splash Back to send them back to your opponents deck. The thing I like about this deck is that it bulldozes through your opponent before they can get a set up thanks to all the disruption in this deck. It destroys Magmortars obviously, but the thing that suprised me is that the match up with G&G wasn't bad, because they rely so much on Powers from the bench, and if they have a Pachirisu start I just Splash them Back before they get a set-up :biggrin:. The thing that kills me, and the reason I'm not running this at Regionals is becuase Crawdaunt IS an EX so once my opponent does get going all they need is 3 quick KO's and I'm done for =/

If you want to play EX pokemon without getting pulverized becausee your opponent only needs 3 wins, you might want to consider Shiftry EX and Metagross EX.
Both pokemon are from the Power Keepers set and have an attack that hits pokemon that have the same name as the defending pokemon.

Tip: Shiftry EX with Absol EX can really wreck an opponent if played right.

true, but they can hurt benched pokemon. Does Metagross have weakness to :fighting: ?

So okay, it gets hurt badly by stuff like Gallade, but you really can win using them and when combined with Darkrai lv.X, they become beasts.
With a standard 60 damage to all pokemon with the same name plus 10 more damage to the defending pokemon, you can get an easy KO.
Also, Shiftry has Skill Hack, this attack allowes you not only to see your opponents hand, you may copy an attack of any pokemon there and use it without have to pay the attack costs!
Though, you must still do anything else in order to perform that attack, for 1:dark: energy it can really sting!

For example: Your opponent has fetched a Darkrai lv.X last turn but did not play it yet. Skill Hack allowes you to 'copy' it's Endless Darkness attack. Or if it's a Gallade.....well, you know the drill.

Last edited:
Crawdaunt ex/Shiftry ex would be fun... splash back an evo to their hand, and then skill hack the attack to kill one of their Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back