A little help - Looking for Latias

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Alex, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Alex

Alex New Member

[CHRISBO EDIT - Made title more descriptive.]

When i first got the report of latias I was mistaking it for a regi(don't ask)and now I don't know where it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2003
  2. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Are you looking for latias or regi???

3. Shinji Ikari

Shinji Ikari New Member

And which version?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2003
  4. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

If you have already seen it, you can track it using the Pokedex.

5. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

If you haven't already seen it, you'll run into it eventually in the wild. I've noticed that I could hear distant roars when Latias was near.

Have you played Gold, Silver, or Crystal? The method of tracking and catching Latias is the same as with the Legendary Dogs.

6. Alex

Alex New Member

latias

:) Thanks everybody!Feel free to post again!!!

7. Dan the Pokeman

Dan the Pokeman New Member

In Sapphire, you will only find Latios on Southern Island after you get Eon Ticket. You'd find Latias in the wild there.

In Ruby, which I'm assuming you have, you'll meet Latios in the wild and Latias on Southern Island. After you've met it once, you'll be able to see where it's at using your Pokedex. It will run as soon as it can, though. Here's how I caught mine:

1st: Get A Wobbuffet! It's ability will keep Latias/Latios from running away. I raised it up to about level 37 and put Leftovers on it. Something with Mean Look would work, too, if it's faster than Latios.

Check your Pokedex, see where Latios is at. In my game, it tended to travel in a circular, counter-clockwise pattern. I just used Fly to get to the area in front of it. Repeat until you are in the same area as Latios. THEN SAVE THE GAME!!!! IF YOU KO LATIOS OR LATIAS, THEY WON'T APPEAR AGAIN.

Side note: It isn't necessarily the 1st wild Pokemon you will meet.

Bring lots of healing (30 or so lemonade, Super Potion, whatever you prefer). Be prepared and patient; Latios knows Recover, it will take a while to bring it's HP down and keep it down.

Use Mirror Coat until it's health is in the red, then start thowing Ultra Balls.

If you accidentally KO Latios, just shut your game off and start over. Latios will be in a different area, but at least you'll still be able to catch it!

Good Luck!

8. Fawkes0126

Fawkes0126 New Member

Weird, I found my Latias surfing by Mount Pyre. You may want to look there.