Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Madman's Rage: Aggron/Wailord/Espeon/Furret?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Now, I've played with and against this very good deck, and it is very powerful in all aspects. Yet it has really bad troubles against Gardevoir. Here's a little way to solve that!

Pokemon (22):

2 Aron (Sandstorm)
2 Lairon (Sandstorm)
2 Aggron ex
2 Wailmer (Sandstorm)
2 Wailord
2 Eevee (Sandstorm)
2 Espeon (Sandstorm)
2 Sentret
2 Furret
4 Dunsparce (Sandstorm)

Trainers (22):

4 Professor Oak's Research
4 Oracle
4 Wally's Training
3 Rare Candy
3 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Town Volunteers

Energy (16):

4 Metal Energy
4 Boost Energy
4 Cyclone Energy
4 Water Energy

Now, let me note that this deck does a LOT of unorthodox things, but all for the right reasons. Save Dunsparce, not a single Pokemon in here has more than two copies, since no specific card will ever be in used for a long amount of time. The exception to this is Aggron, but most likely, he'll never make more than one big, climactic appearance.

This deck has lots of synergy: as much, if not more than the initial Aggron/Wailord theory. Dunsparce gets things situated, turn two Espeon EATS Gardevoir, turn two/three Wailord EATS Blaziken and its incarnations, Aggron is just big and beefy ('nuf said =P), and Furret is their director, fetching boosts for 'Lord and Eon, and getting plenty Metal for our EX bud.

...While I've played it, and it flows quite nicely, I still wonder if there's any room for:

A: more draw cards.
B: Power Charges.

Any help appreciated-Thanks all!

~Patriarch

Squeezing in Espeon could work but not if you try to throw in so many unneeded cards. I've played Briney in Wailord/Aggron ex and it didn't work as well as I thought. What in the world are the Rare Candy for?? Hopefully you've Sparced for all the basics and don't need the speed. No reason for turn 2 Aggron ex. Prof. Elm's Training Method over Wally's Training every time. The deck is slow so I don't know why your trying speed cards. With 4 Sparce you don't need Fan Club. You need Switch and I think Warp Energy is better than Cyclone. Atleast go 2/2 or maybe just 2 Warp and 2 Rainbow. Even with 2 Town Volunteers 2-2-2 of everything will just not cut it. Any deck with Furret should 4 Birch. So atleast:
-4 Wally
+3 PETM

-1 POR
-3 Candy
-2 Fan Club
-2 Oracle
-2 TV
-3 Briney
+4 Birch
+1 Aron
+1 Wailmer
+4 Potion
+1 Wailord
+2 Switch
+1 Lairon

-2 Cyclone
+2 Warp

That actually looks like it can work with the 2-2 Espeon except you really need Shard too. -1 Wailord & -1 Lairon for +2 Shard. It looks like it may cut some consistancy to Aggron but I need to test some more to see how weak it is to Garde w/out Espeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back