A Meg/Gatr that needs help

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by GKOTM, Sep 29, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GKOTM

GKOTM Member

Lookin for ideas...

4 Totodile d
    2 Croconaw MT
    1 Croconaw d
    4 Feraligatr d
    3 Chikorita d
    2 Bayleef d
    3 Meganium d
    2 Holon's Castform
    2 Pinsir d
    =23=

4 Rare Candy
    3 Holon Mentor
    3 Celio's Network
    3 Steven's Advice
    2 Copycat
    2 Team Galactic's Wager
    1 Warp Point
    1 Night Maintenance
    3 Windstorm
    1 Lake Boundary
    =23=

3 Double Rainbow
    2 Scramble
    4 d Rainbow
    3 Lightning
    2 Fighting
    =14=

Strat: Meganium, Castform, and Pinsir help set-up, Gatr boosts damage, and Drag Off/Delta Reduction/Sharp Fang/Mega Impact when necessary. I'm new to this deck so any ideas would be appreciated.

2. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

-2 Pinsir
    +2 Castform

Other than that it looks fine.

3. Nebraskaman

Nebraskaman New Member

use a combo of mantine D and Mantine MT take out the other stuff besides Gatr. use a backup of something that uses a low amt. of water energies.

4. mila

mila New Member

- 2 Team Galactic's Wager
    + 1 Scott
    + 1 Battle Frontier

-1 Lake Boundary
    +1 Battle Frontier

-1 Croconaw d
    +1 Battle Frontier / Holon Legacy

5. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

BUMP!

I've tested this out, and I think it's a lot better this way

Instead of running it completely delta, try Chingling/Chimecho, MT basics and a Castaway engine. It reduces the likelihood of T1 donkage and only 1-2 of your basics (chimecho) need energy to start attacking. And it's WAY more consistent.

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

^ I really wouldn't worry about getting donked (I'm assuming you're referring to Riolu). Fist off, what are the odds that you start with Castform Then, what are the odds that your opponent is playing Mario. Then, what are the odds that they start with Riolu. Then what are the odds that they have a fighting energy. Then what are the odds that they get heads on Wild Kick (this step reduces the whole process of happening by 50%!). As you can see, this is a silly thing to worry about. If you know your opponent is playing Mario, I guess I'd be advisable to not start with Castform :lol:

Playing one lake boundary won't do anything if you don't play scott to fetch it!!

7. pikachual

pikachual New Member

I agree that 2 pinsir should be replaced with Castform. TGW should not be in this deck, you need to set up and TGW would disrupt that. Lake boundary is a good idea. I play this deck with Scott and was thinking about using Lake boundary.

8. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

The best way to tech a Lake Boundary would be to play 1 Scott, 1 Lake Boundary, and 4 Castaway. Use Castaway to grab Scott. Use Scott to Grab Lake Boundary. Use Lake Boundary to grab a Prize Card. Use the Prize Cards to grab the win. Yeah, you probably get the idea by now... :lol:

9. Yoshi ex

Yoshi ex New Member

I would throw in a Ray ex d. It helps pick off the powerhouses with powers or bodies. This guy really sealed the deal in a Flygon ex match up I had in my BR. I would also suggest making room for a Stage 2 tech from Dragon Frontiers. Since you've got Gators boosting deltas, why not tech a big ex for emergencies. I run a 1-1-1 T-tar ex d and it works wonders.

10. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

@Mew*: I don't like waiting around for my mentors, especially when there's only 4 of them and I'm sitting on no energy. And the 40hp delta basics get donked by riolu with charm/pp >.<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.