Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A new metagame counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite_4_Allen

I thought of a new deck. Help, please! Also, help think up names for it.

List:

Redshark 3.90 Deck List
Date: Sun Mar 6 22:57:56 2011
Name: Bannette
Comments:
TOTAL CARDS: 60
POKEMON: 16
Stage 2: 2
2 : Machamp, SF-20
Stage 1: 6
3 : Banette, PL-19
2 : Machoke, TM-40
1 : Banette, TM-14
Basic: 8
2 : Machop, SF-64
2 : Uxie, LA-43
4 : Shuppet, PL-92
TRAINERS: 33
Trainers: 16
3 : Pokemon Communication, GS-98
2 : Warp Point, MD-88
3 : Rare Candy, UL-82
2 : Junk Arm, TM-87
2 : Research Record, CL-84
3 : Super Scoop Up, UL-83
1 : Luxury Ball, SF-86
Pokemon Tools: 2
2 : Expert Belt, AR-87
Supporters: 13
4 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
3 : Seeker, TM-88
2 : Twins, TM-89
3 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
1 : Palmer's Contribution, SV-139
Stadiums: 2
2 : Broken Time-Space, PL-104
ENERGY: 11
Special Energy: 2
2 : Rescue Energy, TM-90
Basic Energy: 9
6 : Psychic Energy, CL-92
3 : Fighting Energy, CL-93

Strategy: Depends on what deck you're facing. Luxchomp and pretty much all SP you get out machamp. Vs. LostGar you can discard anything from your hand to ensure they can't send anything into the lost zone. Vilegar, again, you can discard things from your hand to make sure they don't get a lot of things from poltergeist.
Against machamp, bannette PL's second attack takes care of him nicely.
To me, this deck only has two bad matchups; Sablelock, and Gyarados, what do you think and what are your suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would Sablelock be a bad matchup? Please elaborate.
I don't see how it'd be bad, because you have Machamp. Sablelock is only Garchomp C lv X and sableye along w/ some other techs, right?
I don't see how machamp wouldn't take out its main attackers SUPER easily.

However, you need some VS seeker to reuse your Supports.
And, with so little energy (all of them basic too!) you need some cyrus, which would make a great combo w/ your VS seekers?

And for the G'dos... Tech in (or just add as a main component) a Luxray GL lv X? it could bright look a g'dos and 1 hit w/ an e-belt.. if you don't need it in any other matchups, discard it! :p

that's my opinions :)

No offence, don't get me wrong, i love rogue decks and belive there is plenty of potential out there for unknown decks to do well, but this deck isn't going to be beating anything.

Good Luxchomp builds will be able to deal with a small Machamp line. Uxie Lv X + Lucario GL, along with Premier Ball and Junk Arm can easily deal with 3 Machamps, and Luxray/Garchomp can kill Machops/Machokes while Power Spraying you so you probably won't get more than 2 out at the most.

There's no way this can beat Gyarados, plain and simple.

I don't get how it beats Vilegar either. Seems very vulnerable to trainer lock, Banette damages itself and Machamp is weak to Poltergeist, and none of your attacks are particularly effective vs. Gengar.

Again, i don't see how it's beating Lostgar either. Sure, you have an outlet to dsciard cards, but what do you attack with. Machamp basically maxes at 60 unless you get lucky and so does Banette. At best, you're 2HKO'ing Gengar while they can Seeker up their Gengars to heal. Despite your ability to discard excess Pokemon from your hand, they have enough ways to get six Pokemon into the Lost Zone via Seeker and Spiritomb.

The main problem is Machamp SF alone doesn't deal enough damage and neither does Banette. In general, you have very weak attack power and poor match-ups.

I didn't write this post just for the sake of bagging this deck, i just reckon it would be better to spend time working on a different deck as i don't think it has the ability to beat any deck consistently. Anyway, that's just my opinion, but good luck with decks in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back