A new Pokemon project kept tightly under wraps?

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by The Anaconda, Sep 30, 2003.

1. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Okay, everyone remembers back in the beginning of the year about the GameCube Pokemon game that GameStop reported about and said:
    Nobody had heard anything about it since, and so everone assumed it is Pokemon Coliseum.

HOWEVER, looking around on GameFAQs today (to see if they have an entry yet for Fire Red/Leaf Green, which they STILL don't), I found a second entry in the GameCube section simply marked "Pokemon". In that entry, all that was said was "Release Date: Q4 2003", and linked to that previously mentioned article on GameStop.

I decided to look at the boards for that game, to see if anyone there had any information. And that's when I found the link to this news article, which was posted in May.

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2634

Notice it mentions Coliseum as a seperate game. So here we have a new, secret game about which nobody knows. Enjoy people!

2. poinko

poinko New Member

It's very possible that the article is referring to the Team Snatch game that will come with Pokemon Collosseum(remember, this article was written back in May, so just about anything could have changed).

It's easy to understand how the Team Snatch game can be confused with a stand-alone Pokemon game, since it'll play a lot like an rpg, from what I understand. Since it says the game is coming out in 2003's 4th quarter, and the only games that we know are coming out then are Pokemon Channel and Pokemon Collosseum(Japan), it's very unlikely that Nintendo/TPC is going to drop a game on us with no prior announcement or plans in the last part of the year.

I don't think I'd rule out a possibility of a Pokemon standalone RPG for the 'Cube, but it's a tad unrealistic to expect one before summer of next year.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, tho :D

3. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Probably Pokemon Box.

4. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Yep, you are most likely referring to Pokémon Box.

And yes, I also believe the Team Snatch idea was a separate game, so it could be about that.
    There is no secret RPG coming out soon :)

5. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

YES YES YESSS its about time we got the rpg style
    for the NGC. Way to go Anaconda

6. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Look before you leap and read the replies. There is NO such game currently planned right now unless you include Colessum for GCN. There is only Box, Channel, Collessum, Fire Red, and Leaf Green, on the drawing board right now.

7. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Actually, now that I think about it with a pair of fresh brain lobes, it could be possible that they were planning to put the Team Snatch game on a separate disk, then decided to throw it onto the Coliseum disk (it uses the same engine after all.)