Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Niniken deck with a minor twist...Could surprise your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaJoner

This is my Niniken deck...With the twsie of having 1 Blaziken ex. Your opponent won't expect this, and you can use it only if you need it. I have beaten pure blaziken ex decks with this deck many times...Because you can only have 4 torchic in a deck and there are two pokemon you need evolving from it in pure blaziken ex decks...it could be hard to get all up and running. I know they have rayquaza many times, but my surprise blaziken ex could take care of it. Also, they option of having a 2nd turn blaziken ex doing 50 sounds appealing...so LMk what you guys think.

Pokemon (24)
4 Torchic (singe)...Usually i only attack with torchic for 1 turn...no use building it up with 2 energies.
1 Combusken (flare)
4 Blaziken (firestarter)
1 Blaziken ex
2 Vulpix Expedition
1 Vuplix AQ
3 Ninetales Expedition
2 Skitty SS
2 Delcatty (NRG draw)
4 Dunsparce

Trainers (20)
4 Professor Oak's Research
4 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
3 Copycat
1 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers
1 High Pressure System

Energy (16)
16 Fire

LMK what you think!
Thanks,
Joner.

I lik3 it. I have a few small fixes for it but nothing major. It look pretty solid though. I'm getting ready to go out so I can't fix it this second and I just lost my train of thought....doh!

1 major thing is playing all Vulpix from Aq. 2nd turn KO's are brutal with this thing. Mudkip taught me that...Another thing I am growing VERY fond of, is Desert Shaman in this deck. Every1 knows the deck is pure beats. You figure if you Shaman, you're gonna get 1 energy and you can use that energy 2 draw 3 more cardz with Delcatty...while adding a slice of disruption to the game. Sure your opponent might have a Delcatty 2, but who knows. I'm sure most people would disagree with me, but it has saved me several times and I lik3 it.

I'll think of something better 4 ya when I return......

Duck

Thanks for your input..I use to play all 3 AQ vulpix, but then i rea,lize that the possibility if a 2nd turn KO with ninetales is very low AND usually its 50 HP pokemon...so i feel like i wasted the KO. id rather wait one more turn and attack with blaziken. Also, ever since oracle/catty entered the scene, shaman has gone down, amd with only 16 energy in an energy intensive deck, that 5th card with a POR could be crucial.

GrandmaJoner said:
Pokemon (24)
4 Torchic (singe)...Usually i only attack with torchic for 1 turn...no use building it up with 2 energies.
1 Combusken (flare)
4 Blaziken (firestarter)
1 Blaziken ex
2 Vulpix Expedition
1 Vuplix AQ
3 Ninetales Expedition
2 Skitty SS
2 Delcatty (NRG draw)
4 Dunsparce

Trainers (20)
4 Professor Oak's Research
4 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
3 Copycat
1 Warp Point
1 Town Volunteers
1 High Pressure System

Energy (16)
16 Fire

Looks pretty good...I don't have much to say.

Let's take a look at the drawing/searching engine:

Current engine (Delcatty not included): 13 cards
4 POR
3 Reporter
3 Oracle
3 Copycat

My version: 14 cards
3 POR
2 Shaman
2 Copycat
4 Reporter
3 Oracle

Just drop a fire energy for this adding of one card to the draw/search engine. With the extra draw, you won't need 16. Besides, even with your drawing engine, 16 is too much. Niniken wants three Blaziken benched, it allows for better circulation of energy and majorly benifits from turn two Delcatty.

Just MNSHO, take or leave,

Woop

I'd really like to see u beat pure BEX deck's IRL because EVERYONE at #pojo doubts ur godly set up's with this deck -___- and BEX is no surprise in Niniken I mean, everyone knows BEX goes into all current Blaziken decks, at least once so whats that surprise? how can an archetype card be a surprise?

-MuD

Mudkip said:
I'd really like to see u beat pure BEX deck's IRL because EVERYONE at #pojo doubts ur godly set up's with this deck -___- and BEX is no surprise in Niniken I mean, everyone knows BEX goes into all current Blaziken decks, at least once so whats that surprise? how can an archetype card be a surprise?

-MuD

Dude, I think he means the Singe Torchics, since mostly nobody uses them, and they use Dragons or sometimes the Target Promo kinds.

;/...I was kinda referring to the blaze ex...and mudkip no need to like personally attack me..but saying everyone 'doubts' my setups...yeah i wonder what that means...very suttle. But anyways, even without these 'godly setups' that you are referring to, i think a pokemon that lets your opponent take 2 prizes, in THIS case, may be the difference between a win. Also, pure blaze ex has only 4 torchics to build from, and this i have found to be a problem. We'll see who's right on this after the states.

Joner- Umm...Blaziken Rayquaza is better than Blaziken Ninetales. It takes up less space and does better vs Water by far. Mirror match the Ninetales and Rayquaza never come in to play. Its based solely on if you can get a Blaziken EX out before the other and than you win. So the only think Ninetales accomplishes is getting less tech in your deck and a bigger weakness to Water.

I seriously fail to see many of your points here, tyranitar. Rayquaza is an ex pokemon...And therefore an incredibly easy pick for blaziken ex. Also, nientales is faster, with 0 retreat with an HPS. ANd i have beat Blaziken rayquaza decks many times with my niniken, and have tried Blaziken Rayquaza myself. So i think ill stick with the ninetales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back