Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

a prediction for what will happen in the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benlugia

Gallery Contributor
i already posted this in the epic collection thread, but i thought it'd be a good idea to post this here and let people reply to what i think and say what they think will happen.

i expect regionals to be just like states--practically the same decks, no new sets, maybe a few SDs if people kept them secret. regionals will just be bigger versions of states.

however, battle road on the other hand, i think will take place after the dp prerelease. battle road will serve as a "pre-nationals" so people can get used to the rule changes and new cards. then, by nationals, people will be all ready. people won't be upset that the cards will be released before battle roads because battle roads wont affect people as much as nationals will.

in short, i think dp will be released before battle roads, giving people the oppertunity to use and get used to the cards before nationals.

Benlugia:at least SUPPORT it

Ok....
I'm EternalFire and I endorse this message. :lol:

If the prizes for battle road are smaller than cities like I hear the rumors from overseas, then this would explain it.

i already posted this in the epic collection thread, but i thought it'd be a good idea to post this here and let people reply to what i think and say what they think will happen.

i expect regionals to be just like states--practically the same decks, no new sets, maybe a few SDs if people kept them secret. regionals will just be bigger versions of states.

however, battle road on the other hand, i think will take place after the dp prerelease. battle road will serve as a "pre-nationals" so people can get used to the rule changes and new cards. then, by nationals, people will be all ready. people won't be upset that the cards will be released before battle roads because battle roads wont affect people as much as nationals will.

in short, i think dp will be released before battle roads, giving people the oppertunity to use and get used to the cards before nationals.

Way to state the obv. :thumb:
Drew

its going to be a best of DX on set, so all the cards in it will already be legal, and no i dont have proof of this, I'm just 100% sure becaue its the logical thing to do.

Attrition and Metanite is going to win at least 1 regional, imo. but you never know MSN has a shot as well.

What I am going to be most fascinated by is the ratings impact Regionals will have on the top players.

Heck, I know of some high ranking top players who are opting to judge in one or more of my Regionals, just because of the concentrated competition.

Problem is, if you sit on your ranks, and the rest of the world jumps by you...then you have lost points opportunities.

I think Regionals is going to whack some people in the face, and make them realize, especially in the older divisions, that this is an "any given sunday" type format, where matchups and coin flips mean a lot when there is so much equal skill on the line.

Let's face it, I think the Chicago and Indiana Regional attendees will be GLAD they are on the same day, in that the competition will be split rather than condensed.

With the Senior Division...if the Chicago attendees are as advertised, it will truly be a Worlds Caliber field, and may go a long way to setting some rankings for players!

I also predict for Nationals you will see team organization in ways you have only begun to dream of. Lafonte will show the power of its numbers, Team Rocket will be there, flexing its muscle, and other teams that are creeping out of the woodwork (or being formed as we speak)

The most interesting part of this equation to me are the battle roads. Where do these city stepchildren fit in our system?

Where does Diamond and Pearl fit in our system? Fire Monkey for the win? Or is it just another overhyped NG Steelix, or PK Shifty type Pokemon.

Much to think about, ponder and playtest!

After all...we all live in a Pokemon World!

Vince

^I am so happy that IL and IN regionals are on the same day, I don't want worlds to be held twice this year.

I think battle roads will be so the people who don't win everything(the people who top cut at everything but can't seem to win(me)) will be able to secure a spot in the rankings, and also to get ready for D/P rules.

Just stating the obvious...

Will Epic be legal in the USA,
And
Wil D/P be legal in the rest of the World (and at which date).

What about the rules who are changing with D/P? How is that going to be done International.
Epic + new rules.
Epic no new rules
D/P modified legal?

Or will D/P be released but not modified legal at all untill after all Nationals are played?

So many options, so many questions.

What I am going to be most fascinated by is the ratings impact Regionals will have on the top players.

Heck, I know of some high ranking top players who are opting to judge in one or more of my Regionals, just because of the concentrated competition.

Problem is, if you sit on your ranks, and the rest of the world jumps by you...then you have lost points opportunities.

I think Regionals is going to whack some people in the face, and make them realize, especially in the older divisions, that this is an "any given sunday" type format, where matchups and coin flips mean a lot when there is so much equal skill on the line.

Let's face it, I think the Chicago and Indiana Regional attendees will be GLAD they are on the same day, in that the competition will be split rather than condensed.

With the Senior Division...if the Chicago attendees are as advertised, it will truly be a Worlds Caliber field, and may go a long way to setting some rankings for players!

I also predict for Nationals you will see team organization in ways you have only begun to dream of. Lafonte will show the power of its numbers, Team Rocket will be there, flexing its muscle, and other teams that are creeping out of the woodwork (or being formed as we speak)

The most interesting part of this equation to me are the battle roads. Where do these city stepchildren fit in our system?

Where does Diamond and Pearl fit in our system? Fire Monkey for the win? Or is it just another overhyped NG Steelix, or PK Shifty type Pokemon.

Much to think about, ponder and playtest!

After all...we all live in a Pokemon World!

Vince

I think you meant Team R, Vince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back