A question about the eReader

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by MoonGem, Oct 5, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. MoonGem

MoonGem New Member

What exactly is it, and what does it do? I am so behind the times. Shame on me ;)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2003
  2. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

Ereader is an add-on for your GBA/GBA SP that allows you to swipe specific cards with a special code, which upload on your console something: animations, mini-games, fun tools, or some new things for a videogame (as Trainers and Berries for Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire when the "Battle-e Card" set will be out, or new Worlds for Super Mario Advance 4 when the related set will be out).

Note that the cards from Pokémon-e TCG do not add anything to Ruby/sapphire videogames.
    Some cards from Expedition/Aquapolis/Slyridge sets have mini-games, animations, melody boxes, a coin flipper, a timer, etc. through the long barcode, together with Pokédex Information through the small barcode.
    But EX: Ruby & Sapphire have only a small barcode, so they have only Pokédex informations.

If you want some add-ons for your R/S cartridge, wait for the "Pokémon Battle-e Card" packs that will be out in a few months (weeks?)

Hope that helps ;)

3. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Lucky you people overseas.
    We've never even officially heard of the E-reader here, so the concept of Battle E-cards is completely foreign (no bad pun intended). :-(

4. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

I don't have an e-reader yet, but every time I think about one, I keep imagining someone putting a card in front of one eye, waving the card around in a pattern, and yelling out "Digi-Modify!" as the card goes through the e-reader. :)

5. Dek

Dek New Member

:lol: that is understandable. I dont know. Im thinking of getting one, but another side of me says "NO!"

6. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

*digimodify stuff. That was good anime. But then they screwed it up by making it kiddy. (season 3)

Im gonna wait till they come out with the ru/sa set before i plunk down my... err... green, on an e-reader.

7. League Leader Terry

Eh, I liked Season 3, but this last season was great, even though I don't like how the last 2 seasons completely changed the origins of the Digital World.

But back to the original topic. I need an e-reader! I've got a Latios waiting for me on my EON Ticket, but no way to use it. :(

8. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Here is the complete list of E-Reader Products avalable

Pokemon-e TCG: These cards which are 100% compatible with the original Pokemon TCG, now also have dot codes for the e-reader. Most of the cards will have codes that allow it to read the Pokedex Information about that Pokemon. Also some cards combine to make mini-games, mini-movies, construction blocks, tools for the Pokemon-e TCG (like a coin flipper), along with secret attacks. Note however offical Pokemon-e TCG play at this time does not permit use of the e-reader in the game.

NES Series: Play some original games like Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. using these simple 5 card packs.

Game and Watch-e: Classic handhelds for new players, games like Ball, Manhole, and many other favorites make their return on the E-Reader.

Animal Crossing-e: Improve your alternate life on the GCN with cards that upload items, letters, and new stuff for Animal Crossing. (Requires Animal Crossing, a Game Cube, and a GBA/GCN Link Cable to swipe these cards.

Pokemon Battle-e/ Eon Ticket: Download items and new trainers to fight for your Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire game pack. (Requires Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire, a GBA Link Cable, and a second GBA).

Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3-e cards:
    Add more items and new levels that never have been seen before with these e-cards. (Requires Super Mario Advance 4, a GBA link cable, and a second GBA)

Mario Party-e: This card game uses the e-reader to have fun trying to become the superstar of Marioworld. (e-reader is optional but recommend for these cards)

Air Hockey-e: A simple game of Air Hockey, this is a promotional card for the e-reader.

Of course there is more e-reader cards to come in the future.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  9. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

ok, i have many eon tickets from tourneys ive won, but is their any way to get them except for promos?

10. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

Season 3 (at least the last 2/3ds of it) was *way* more mature than Seasons 1 & 2. There entire death of Leomon is something I haven't seen so deeply intwined into a US Saturday Morning Cartoon show... in ever...

11. MoonGem

MoonGem New Member

The reason why I asked the question about the ereader is because I got this card in my Nintendo power mag that says if I use it that I can go to a secret island in Hoenn to get Latios or Latias. Thanks for the info.

MoonGem

12. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

The Eon ticket will allow you to travel to Southern Islands and have the chance to catch Latios or Latias...

IIRC, if you "mix records" with someone who has the Eon ticket, you get one too (without having to use or own the eReader yourself).

13. League Leader Terry

I know it's just a chance, but Latias was easy as crap to catch. I'm sure I'll catch Latios eventually, even if he turns out to be as annoying as those danged Regi's were.

14. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

I started a topic in discussion about finding Latios and Latias in the wild a while back. Dig back in the electronics forum to find it.

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Soley based on if you collect the TCG cards, well from Expedition E-cards through Skyridge, the Ereader is an awsome investment. Some of these mini games are among the best in classic style gaming.

Also along with the ones we currently have (2 battle e trainers and Eon Ticket) there will be others released, aleady out in japan. They added even more trainers to battle, and new, unotainable berries that arent even in the game itself. Who knows what else in the future....I have heard rumors for one releasing Jarachi

Also a must have for anyone with a Game Cube and Animal Crossing.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  16. KingOfDemons

KingOfDemons New Member

You forgot this.

Putting (I theenk) Prof. Oak's Research through the E-Reader creates a timer that you can use in casual play.

The timer works likes one of those chess clocks that you see. Set the time, set how long you have to do your turn, stop the timer, and it's your opponent's turn.

That is the best E-Card EVER for Pokemon! Makes the game way more fun!

17. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

so e-reader is worth it? (i just bought a GBASP after my normal GBA broke down so im in the spending mood... :D)

18. MoonGem

MoonGem New Member

One more question,with this eReader are you able to put pokemon from other versions onto Ruby or Saphire? Perhaps this is a silly question, but I have to ask.
    I have just one more question,I have 251 pokemon in my pokedex on Gold version.what am I to do after completing it?

19. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Could happen, but I doubt it.

Start over? I don't think there's anything in particular left in the game.

20. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

yeah, crystal you could get the celebi ticket, but not in gold.