Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A seam in the foil?

Wallydraigle

The local card shop has a Dragonite EX from Dragon Frontiers for a good price. It's one of my favorite cards, but I probably wouldn't get it because it has a line through it like there's a seam in the foil stock that gets pressed onto the card.

I have a few foil cards like this, but not anything valuable. Would something like this be considered a defect which would decrease the resale value or collectibility of a card?

Not that I know of. It seems to be pretty common with DF cards, about 50% of the Exes of that set I had in my hands had it. So no reason to not get it methinks.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take another look at it, but I probably still wouldn't get it, because the line is right across dragonite's face, and it's not attractive.

I'll think it over. I was there today and he still had it, but I got a Gardevoir LV x for $8.00 instead. Couldn't pass that up.

$20. For some reason I thought that card ran more than that, but upon looking around that seems like a fair price. The prices there are kind of weird. Like I got Gardevoir LV X for $8.00, yet they have a Hariyama EX from Deoxys for $25.00. It's possible to get a really good bargain, but you have to watch out too.

$20. For some reason I thought that card ran more than that, but upon looking around that seems like a fair price. The prices there are kind of weird. Like I got Gardevoir LV X for $8.00, yet they have a Hariyama EX from Deoxys for $25.00. It's possible to get a really good bargain, but you have to watch out too.

I'm going to guess your store was using a price guide, and mistook Gardy Lv X as Gardy Ex.
Because when they are selling Hariyama from DX for $25, you know something's wrong.

Apparently he checked completed auctions on eBay, which would have a picture of the card right there, so if he made a mistake I figure it's not my problem.

Back