a siq weavile deck for everyone

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TODDakaESTEBAN, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

i will share this idea with people so that everyone can use it or make it better, hopefully, like when king gengar posted mario, people will be able to come together over an idea and be open about ideas and not try to suprise ftw every deck and idea that pops into our heads

i need a new name for it i will take suggestions but since i invented it i retain any right to accept or deny any suggestions on the name

i thought about using walrein and ampibom for a couple days but this idea is much better

If you don't understand any of my card choices please read the detailed description of the key cards i've used, when you understand my perspective, THEN you can tell me what's wrong with it and what to change

4-4 WEAVILE SW
    3-3 AMBIPOM MT
    2-2 BLISSEY MT
    1- CHARIZARD * d DF

TRAINERS 26

4- pluspower
    4- celio's network
    1- proffesor elm's
    1-roseannes
    2-dual ball
    3- team galactic's wager
    4- team galasctics' mars
    2-NM
    3- warp point
    1- scott/castaway
    1-steven's advice

ENERGY 15

4-darkness special
    10-darkness basic
    1- scramble

SPOILAAHSSSSSSSSSSS:

Team Galactic’s Mars – Supporter

Draw 2 cards. Then, without looking, choose 1 card from your opponent’s hand, and put it on the bottom of your opponent’s deck.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon, and discard it at the end of your turn.

Weavile L. 30- Water- HP60

Stage 1

Poke Power: Dark Engage
    You may use this power once during you're turn ( before you attack) each of your active pokemon's type is [D] until the end of your turn, if that pokemon is no longer active,this effect ends

[.] Shadow Charge : Search your deck for up to 2 [D] energies and attach them to any of your pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[D] [D] Chip Off : 40 damage if your opponent has 6 or more cards in his or her hand discard cards frome his or her hand without looking until your opponent has 5 cards left in his hand

Weakness: mtal + 30
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: none

Strategy:

the strategy of this deck is very simple, disrupt your opponents hand as much as possible, all the while still having pheasible means to actually win a game

basically this is the way you play it, get t2 weavile, depending on your opponents offensive progress, you would shadow charge 2 special darkness to weavile, if it is about to be knocked out you would attach to ampibom, basically use weavile's attack for 60 and get to discard cards, use umbreon, the disruption cards, ambipom becomes a safe play after you have enough pressure on your opponent, that's pretty much it, if you have to start with ampipom, the hand disruption comes quicker but, 10 damage and discarding a mass amount of cards don't exactly win the game,

crystal beach- no special energies, the majority of decks whose power is great enough to autoloss this rely on special energy for speed, DRE is becoming the most popular energy in a stage 2 deck

speed stadium- basically just in there to make up for the weak draw power of mars, the reason i use these instead of pokedex is that you want your opponent to get cards into his or her hand to discard, also this makes TGW more playable

plus power- i put these in to add damage to the reduced damage of ambipom's attack, plus if they have no cards it adds to the base damage

warp point - these are in here to basically disrupt your opponent, warp point can also be used to make sure you get t2 shadow charge

special darkness energy- this is basically the point of the deck, it makes the attacks of pokemon do extra damage, can be straight up pulled out of your deck and it can also add damage to ambipom's attack with weavile's poke power

buffer peice- i have these in because there are a rediculous range of decks that ohko all my cards, so now i can either A stay alve or B get the opponent to waste windstorms to lock in crystal beach,

darkrai lvl x, when it's available could considerably help this deck but to the best of my knowledge it won't come in SW

the galactic's cards are self explanitary

I bet this get's like no posts lol

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  2. Blassari

Blassari New Member

1-1 or 2-2 Darkrai Lv. X is almost MUST in deck like this, the extra 10 DMG for each BASIC Darkness is just Wicked... You can Drop ya SSU's for Darkrai line, when it comes out...

3. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

Then you use Weavile's power on Ambipom and have 2-4 darkness energy on him... and suddenly theyre discarding 2 cards is at the price of hefty damage.

4. Blassari

Blassari New Member

That's right^^
    This deck will Rule the format:

DISCARD OR DIE!

5. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I really like this idea! I'm unsure about the 2-cyclone energy since you already play warp point. I'd replace them with 1 more Mars and Wager. That gives you more draw- more disruption OR you could throw in more darkness energy OR you could add some much need Plus Powers

Can't think of a good name but I'll get back to you on that one :lol:

6. metalbird

metalbird New Member

Darkrai doesn't come out till dp 4 so you have to wait a whlie for him. I think dp 4 haveing something to do with when darkrai movie will come out. I think you should drop the speed stadium i know i read what you said but you do not have much draw power unless you flip heads on speed. -2 speed stadium +2 Castaway. that way you can grab the TGW and get energy easier maybe if you can find more room to burn you could also add strength charm and plus powers so your attacks do mean amounts of damage.

7. NidoPrince

NidoPrince New Member

I like the idea! Great job! As people have said, Darkrai is a must...

8. TODDakaESTEBAN

i decided against cyclone, but yeah darkrai is nasty i already complimented it's merits on the bottom of the list

can i run the deck with 2 fewer energy i like the idea of more wager and mars, they ARE supporters though, is 13 aenough energy though i was thinking about just using more darkness

9. phoenixback4fire

phoenixback4fire New Member

Take out speed stadium? I thought the whole idea was to distrup your opponent not help them out ... if u need the draw run the apple tool thing when it comes out it lets u draw 1 at the end of each of ur turns and they have to windstorm it to stop it and switch a cyclone for another darkness :thumb:

10. therage

therage New Member

this deck shall be named...CHOCOLATE RAIN!

11. corypoke2

corypoke2 New Member

I think it needs to be named "Sigourney Weavile"....think Aliens :wink:

12. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

I like the idea, but discarding cards for a lot of decks out their dosn't hurt them.
    Here is a list of decks it dosn't effect or helps.

anything with Blissy

Hurricane

Infernape

vire

Magmorter/Typhlosion

Meganium/Quagsire

As I said before, I love the idea, but I just don't see this deck being good enough for any major tournys.

13. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

^ No matter the strategy, discarding is usually more hurtful than helpful. I see what you are saying, but it isn't like the only cards in a persons hand are a bunch of energy. It just isn't how it works. Most of the time they are stocked up supporters, withheld tools, rare candies or warp points, or incomplete evolution lines. If one blissey gets discarded in a T2 Blissey, that HURTS. If an Infernape Lv.X gets discarded or a Delcatty ex, that REALLY hurts. If it is a hurricane deck that only plays 1-1 Magneton and one of those must be discarded, THAT REALLY hurts too.

What is Meganium/Quagsire? lol, never heard of it...

This deck has great potential.

14. merman

merman New Member

I like the idea. The only problem i have with it is that it doesnt have a heavy hitter that you can have for back up just incase.
    I would take out speed stadium and add in 2 more crystal beaches. Maybe make some room for ER2's?

I also agree with darkpika in that blissey will be tough to beat with this.
    Looping buffer pieces each turn to reduce constant 50 damage = Annoying matchup. I might post my unrevised list eventually.

15. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Meganium d + Quagsire d AKA Blissys worst nightmare.

You use Meganuims delta reduction + buffer to reduce dmg by 50 a turn, and then bring them back with Quagsire.

The thing is, you get to CHOSE what to discard. Yes it could be bad if you have a small hand, but if you are haveing a good game it won't be to hard to discard a couple of junk cards.

One fore thing that I think will kill this deck is Ambipoms weak to Lucario, = bad.

16. TODDakaESTEBAN

to adam, thank you for reading the bold letters about reading my cards before posting suggestions, it's pretty obvious that if you have a weavile you want your opponent to have enough cards to discard, it's not like the mawile where they get to choose the cards to discard, it's not that i need the draw at all i posted specifically that it was to get cards into their hand to discar, secondly leftovers removes damage between turns, amulet coin is the one that youre thinking of and i assume that if you managed to at least read speed stadiums explanation out of this post you have figured out that amulet coin doesn't accomplish that at all.........................................................................................................................

lucario is pretty obvious but i fail to see how decks that plan on starting with a card that is weak to lucario get promoted like blissvire yet the fact that ambipom is to attack after a free charge up (pretty much every game even if retreat or switch is needed) is not playable, so basically the fact that i've played with and against lucario and used this deck a few times kinds of shifts the instict that it's not playable lucario don't even OHKO so basic playing skill avoid lucario making this unplayable

3 super scoop ups and umbreon have been taken for 4 pluspower to increase ambipom's reduced attack damage, it's funny that umbreon wouldn't be the thing people complained about with lucario, because i played it and started with it once and took it out, realisticly it's not worth the chance of starting with it and discarding 1 card isn't that good, it's not worth it, as soon as i tested, i took it out it only looks good from a very basic perspective that it discards a card

the only heavy hit is the ambipom that guarentees 100 damage if they have 0 or 1 card or don't wwant to discard, with plus power and the fact that it will have probalby already attacked for the reduced damage of 30 plus any amount of pluspower, weavile does 60 and i get to discard without looking, the only thing is that the 4 darkness energy don't last that long, delcatty ex is a possibility for anyone to try, i wouldn't suggest it but if your a big skeptic of this deck than it's for you

as far as er2, warp point is my random arbitrary means of disruption, for any other deisruption i would just up the galactic's counts just because that sticks with the theme of the deck

i have to say that people forget that they personally have starters in their decks that search for a certain card and put it into their hands, and i'm willing to say that that's much more prominant than a deck that get's cards into it's own discard pile, so that's straight up not a point

i have to test against blissey, but as a t2 deck (one that has only 1 pokemon and has it out by t2) i had never considered it to be a threat, because you discard precious cards like a blissey or chansey, it is hard to down a blissey, but a big strategy of the deck and kind of the whole point of wanting to disrupt your opponents hand other than being randomly good is to land ambipoms attack for 80, also blissey isn't played much in my metagame, if it is in yours than come up with a way to beat it,

any other suggestions wanted i'm not digging the names but i might change my mind

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  17. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

When Darkrai Lvl. X comes out in February, Weavile's gonna be downright awesome - not just w/Ambipom, but with cards like Garchomp, PorygonZ, or (dare I say?) Blissey. Right now, he's still a pretty good energy accelerator.

I'll let you know I've been thinking about all these combos in my head ever since SW Weavile was first announced.

Now if there was only a way to sneak a Honchkrow line in this as well.... :eek:

- Croatian "fade to black" Nidoking

18. TODDakaESTEBAN

i'll try honchcrow, with the new basic and level x it's a good idea i don't know though, i thought about the new raticate i just think it's more consistant this way though

weavile is good but the reason i put it with ambipom is because they combo, basing a deck around an energy accelerating attack with somewhat random attackers, such as raichu ideas that haven't become big or suceeded on a widescale or even exegutor, havn't proven to be good to me, an attack to build up whatever and give away a prize is alittle slow and has bad matchups against fast decks,

19. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Don't play darkrai once it comes out. You can only level up to you active pokemon so you have to bring darkrai up and then retreat. Also what happens if you get stuck with it in the begining.

20. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Good idea. Anything with Ambipom interests me since I'm in love with the dang thing. But yeah, good disruptive deck. I'm glad you mentioned me, because Mario was essentially a disruption deck when I started it.

I especially like your idea of Speed Stadium to make then discard later. Ingenious. However, two things. First, they won't use it once they catch on (might be too late, tho!). Second, watch out for Mew* copying you, or the mirror match. That Speed might come back to haunt you!

OK, I would go 2 great ball, 2 hamana (for the flexibility), 4 celio's. You need Scott for your Stadiums, so -1 Plus Power. Seems OK, otherwise.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

BTW, I like the name Chocolate Rain, but I also like Bad Monkey!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.