A (Somewhat) Anti deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dek, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dek

Dek New Member

well, after getting my but whoped by a Blaziken/Rayquaza deck at the City Championships, i decided to start thinking of new strategies. THinking i can use Skyridge Ditto for my next deck, i went "what the heck? why not?"

-=17 Pokemon=-
    3 Ditto- Skyridge
    2 Dunsparce
    2 Kabuto
    2 Kabutops ex
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Azurill
    2 Magnemite (any of them from Dragon)
    2 Magneton (Dragon- The Poke-Power one)

-=26 Trainers=-
    4 Mysterious Fossil
    4 Copycats
    4 Switch
    3 Elm's Training Method
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Potion
    3 Juggler
    2 Town Volunteers

-=17 Energies=-
    7 Fighting Energy
    3 Lightning Energy (for 'Mite/'Ton)
    3 Psychic Energy (for Wobbuffet)
    4 Rainbow Energy

The strategy here is to use Kabutops ex and Skyridge Ditto as the attackers and Wobbuffet as a stall (sort of). I have been trying to figure out how to make it that i can counter most of the decks out there. So far, here is what i have:

-Against Blaziken... Use Kabutops ex's Spiral Drain attack
    -Against Rayquaza ex... Use Skyridge Ditto with 2 energies on it
    -Against Gardevoir/ex... Use Wobbuffet as an attacker against the normal and a stall against the Pokemon-ex version.
    -Against Wailord ex... Use Magneton's attack to do some damage

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  2. DARKGeNGaR094

DARKGeNGaR094 New Member

Looks good, but I think Flygon is the best against BAR.

3. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I would play Buried Fossil instead of Mysterious Fossil, that allows you to get it with Dunsparce (and Lanette, should your choose to use that). You can then get rid of the Azurills, probably for another Dunsparce and something else.

I wouldn't worry about Wailord EX, Kabutops wins that matchup easily even if Wailord goes first. I therefore think that you should find something better against Gardevoir (where 2 Wobbuffet is insufficient). I would change to Espeon (3/2 because Eevee can get Espeon from the deck).

Probably no reason to take the Rainbow penalty here, Multi should work just as well particularly if you don't have to play electric (but having three types of basic energy can be useful with Ditto against Flygon!).

I would probably prefer TV Reporter to Juggler here, it is rare that you have two surplus energy cards. I still think that a couple of extra Shamans or Oaks would be good.

Your main problem will be Ampharos or even an opposing electric deck (Espeon would hopefully be able to cope with most grass decks). There are unfortunately no good solutions since adding fighting would make you weak to psychic (Gardevoir is touch enough as it is) or grass (which creates trouble already). Adding a Skyridge Kabutops may help, but it is not going to be easy.

4. Dek

Dek New Member

mozartrules:
    1. I was thinking about TV Reporter, Buried Fossil, Multi, and Espeon, but I dont have enough of each one.
    2. You're right that Ampharos is going to be a tough one to fight, but i was thinking about Crystal shard so that my Kabutops ex wouldnt get Weakness Damage.

5. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

well, it would stop you from taking weakness, but as soon as you attack, the crystal shard goes away..so that probably isn't going to work :)

6. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Crystal Shard will change K-Tops Ex type to Colorless but its WEAKNESS would remain Grass and Lightning so that doesn't work. Weakness Guard would do what you want but you would need a few for Amphy tech. You could tech Sudowoodo for Amphy. You have Rainbow/Lightning for its attack or replace Magneton with 2/2 Hariyama since you already need Fighting nrg. You could play Shard to beat Rayquaza and drop some Ditto. Magneton doesn't look good here. Add a third Kabuto and do the Azurill to Sparce and Myst Fossil to Buried Fossil.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  7. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

i agree with pidgeotto, you dont need the magneton.

but pidgeotto, what set is the sudowodo in?

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Sudowoodo is in Aquapolis.

9. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

yea i guess hes a good tech card, hes basically a fighting ditto

10. duanojo

duanojo New Member

AQ Donphan has a colorless attack (ccc) that does 40 for each of two flips that are heads.

11. Shdwchu

Shdwchu New Member

I made a deck Similar to this. Just slip in the Fight Kabutops from Skyridge that'll cover your Electric weakness not to mention slow down the game a bit since no one can play evolution as long as he's active. if you want anymore tips PM me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.