A tech against Blissey (MT)

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by japple52, Sep 25, 2007.

1. japple52

japple52 New Member

Would Sableye (CG) be a good tech against Blissey (MT)? Sableye could use Disable on Happy Chance and is resistant against colorless. Is it worth adding Sableye (CG) to my deck to tech against Blissey (MT)?

Thanks,

2. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

Then they retreat boost KO even with your -30 resistance. But then, sabeleye might save you, no not save help you early game.

3. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

retreat with a 3 energy cost and boost in the same turn? This isn't going to happen early game. I'd say that Sableye would help against a early Blissey offense. Sableye would also help against all the deck running Chingling.

4. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

Sableye gets stomped by Blissey with Holon WP + Water.

5. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Sableye is a good tech period in a lot of decks. Disabling Blissey, Flygon d, Flygon ex d, Vire, and LOTS of other one attack wonders.

I reatreat Blissey all the time Prime. Holon WP is wonderful for that. I tend to use Warp Point with it too. It's nice to retreat for free, WP a benched pokemon active, and then KO it. Sableye wouldn't help too much against that. And as Jayson mentions Holon WP + water kills Sableye by itself ... and stops Dusknor, Gengar, and other damage counter dropping pokes to boot.

So how good a tech Sableye is depends on the Blissey build.

6. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

sableye does get stomped by WP but early game he could resist the blissey maybe 2 turns, gives most decks enough time to at least be halfway through their set-up. It's considerable, and if you run something with scramble giving up the sableye could give you the early advantage against blissey with 130 HP.

7. japple52

japple52 New Member

Thanks all! It's very interesting to hear your strategies. This is the deck that I worry about most at BR for my son. I thought his deck was pretty solid, but I fear Blissey may be an auto-loss.

8. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I guess it does depend on the build. The Blissey deck I'm testing and some others I've seen win battle roads already wouldn't have a way to easily retreat to the bench.

9. doctormcdreamy

doctormcdreamy New Member

lake boundary in a mario deck is the tech.

10. eriknance

eriknance New Member

Against a mid to late-game Blissey:

Mismagius + Scramble Energy.

11. Bobby

Bobby New Member

Mario.

I'm playing Blissey!

12. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Crystal Beach... to stop its Special Energy.

Sableye sounds good, but the resistance go away when Blissey goes to :dark: and 60 Hp? What are you talking about? Will buy 1 or 2 turn... nothing more...

13. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Try eggs. If you get lucky while they have 4 energys on it and you get 5 heads you can one shot a blissy with 1 energy

14. Ikari

Ikari New Member

If you are lucky, you won't face any Blissey Deck :lol:

15. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I'm going to agree that Mario is the anti-Blissey deck. It's really hard for even a deck with Holon FF to take a Mario that has Battle Frontier on top of the usuall Cess Crystals.

Mismagius is scary ... but you have to have 3 psi energy or a scramble on her. A stage 1 psychic tech isn't going to fit in every deck.

16. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Ugg, don't count on it. I was useing Hurricane and stuppid Blissy was the only thing that kept me from getting past t4. I HATE BLISSY.

17. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Blissy was the only thing seperating me from winning. Although I knew I was going to lose the games because i was playing very good players.

18. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

Lake boundary plus a good fighting poke that can do 70.....blam.

19. bugsbite

bugsbite New Member

Now who could do that?? :biggrin::biggrin:

20. DragonairMaster8

DragonairMaster8 New Member

rofl machamp o wait thats not a card

OR IS IT