Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A2Z Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

revdjweb

i have wanted to play Ampharos since i first read the card, but in a game dominated by Gallade i could never make it work. that is, until now. in many regards i regard this as my version of Arithmetic, in the sense that i have been inspired by that counter metagame deck.

A2Z (Ampharos, Aerodactyl, Zapdos)
3 Zapdos
2-2 Claydol
2-2 Aerodactyl
2-2-2 Ampharos
1 Pachirisu
1 Phione
1 Rotom MD
20 total pokemon

4 Quick Ball
4 SSU
4 Bebe's Search
4 Professor Birch
3 Crystal Beach
2 Windstorm
2 Night Maintenance
1 Holon Fossil
2 Switch
25 total trainers

4 call energy
2 multi energy
9 lightning energy
15 total energy

strategy: zapdos and aerodactyl are the main fighters. do as much damage spread as possible with powers, bodies and attacks so to bring opposing pokemon into easy KO range. use old amber to absorb zapdos' recoil, don't bring ampharos up to attack until gallade cannot OHKO it. SSU badly wounded pokemon or zapdos' to re-apply its' poke power. the matchup against empoleon is self-explanatory.
it feels like the deck could stand at least one more crystal beach but i don't know what corner to cut for it. maybe a lightning energy, maybe one of the balls.

Last edited:
i run a deck with zapdos but with togekiss i see where your going but cannot get zapdos powered up quick enuff without energy accelerator.

i would switch the claydol to porygon2 and switch the ampharos line to a togekiss line and add in sum energy switch and switch the ball engine to more trainers for porygon 2 sorry about the run on sentence.

Very, very good deck and good idea.
Just needs some fixes and it'll be good to play!
Windstorm- if you're scared of CC, take these out for 2 more pachirisus. Pachirisus can get basics out, its a good starting pokemon, and it throws away Cessation Crystal (CC).
Take out 3 Dusk Ball and add in 1 Master Ball, 1 Warp Point, and 1 Scott.

some minor changes have been made, the biggest being the addition of rotom md as an energy restorer/accelerator for the zapdos line. also added a holon fossil so to possibly make aerodactyl a basic and free up an old amber for damage absorbtion.

what you are suggesting is essentially a different deck where ampharos rather than zapdos is the main fighter

draz, theres only 1 line in here that can even use candys, 4 is a little exccessive, i would say 2-1-2 ampharos 2 candys.

Bebe's Search is so inferior to Celio's Network that I feel its inclusion in any deck (over Celio's) must be explained. Whether that explanation is "I want to reduce hand size" (which your deck doesn't particularly need to do), "I have EX pokemon" (which you don't), or "I don't own any Celio's," you've got to explain why Celio's is not your featured pokemon-gettin' supporter.

Birch seems less effective than Steven's, too - Claydol + Birch = six card hand. Claydol + nothing = six card hand. Claydol + steven's = 11 card hand?

You want Amphy ASAP, so you should run 4 Candy. It's also usable late game after you NM.

Isn't Ampharos a better attacker anyways? I'd rather do 70 than do 80 and 40 to my bench. And you usually don't want a Zapdos start, I'm guessing...

I don't know why there's at least 2 Candy in here.

with call energy even zapdos start isn't a disaster. if i have an old amber on the bench then it takes the 40 damage for nothing. ampharos is half attacker, half disruption so early to mid game it's best to hide it on the bench and let its' body damage the opponent. with phione it is pretty easy to get an ampharos on the bench fairly early in the game (t1 get mareep, t2 bring up phione, evolve to flaffy, end of t2 evolution wish for ampharos). rare candy actually slows me down (one more thing i'd have to have in hand).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back